Hampton vs. South Pitt

Lord Vader

I simply cannot figure out how S. Pitt got so good over the past year. They only lost 2 starters (I think) from last years team which was a team that was handled early in the playoffs rather easily. Hampton made it to the 4th round last year and are clearly better this year. Like I said, I cannot see how S. Pitt got to be (supposedly) 3 TD's better than Hampton in only a year's time. I think some people may need to examine this matchup more closely...

Old Pirate says last years team was young with sophmores and juniors and never had a leader. The game against Gville was simply a back yard whipping of a team who was full of themselves. Gville had several players who made SP's night miserable. The Pirates worked extremely hard in the off season in the weight room and found some leaders to direct their run. The Hampton fans better be careful with all the smack about hitting someone in the mouth. OP says the Pirates are well battle tested and know all to well how to return the favor. The Pirates should be focused this week with the secondary getting back to full strength. Folks who think the Pirates secondary is weak simply don't know much. The SP secondary is loaded with talent, it depends on how the coaching staff chooses to defend the bulldogs. The SP linebackers are # 24 Robert Robinson,# 2 David Jones,#25 Montrell Mitchell, # 35 Jared Dawson who has stepped his play up since the playoffs and # 40 Bubba Ramsey. This bunch will tear your head off and has tremendous speed. OP says the 1 player that could help SP the most on defense is # 75 Dominque Garrett. OP says this guy has under acheived and should be ripping people apart (bench presses 425 lbs and fast).

The Pirate seniors will play for the "LAST" time on their home field.

Old Pirate says, "GET TO WORK AND MAKE IT A WEEK TO REMEMBER," you all will be old pirates soon enough.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate says last years team was young with sophmores and juniors and never had a leader. The game against Gville was simply a back yard whipping of a team who was full of themselves. Gville had several players who made SP's night miserable. The Pirates worked extremely hard in the off season in the weight room and found some leaders to direct their run. The Hampton fans better be careful with all the smack about hitting someone in the mouth. OP says the Pirates are well battle tested and know all to well how to return the favor. The Pirates should be focused this week with the secondary getting back to full strength. Folks who think the Pirates secondary is weak simply don't know much. The SP secondary is loaded with talent, it depends on how the coaching staff chooses to defend the bulldogs. The SP linebackers are # 24 Robert Robinson,# 2 David Jones,#25 Montrell Mitchell, # 35 Jared Dawson who has stepped his play up since the playoffs and # 40 Bubba Ramsey. This bunch will tear your head off and has tremendous speed. OP says the 1 player that could help SP the most on defense is # 75 Dominque Garrett. OP says this guy has under acheived and should be ripping people apart (bench presses 425 lbs and fast).

The Pirate seniors will play for the "LAST" time on their home field.

Old Pirate says, "GET TO WORK AND MAKE IT A WEEK TO REMEMBER," you all will be old pirates soon enough.

Darook says Hampton should stay home. SP players all bench press 700 pounds and run a 3.5 40.

Darook says Hampton should stay home. SP players all bench press 700 pounds and run a 3.5 40.

Old Pirate says "long night there darook" sounds as if you are still unaware of reality. The SP team is extremely strong. #25 Mitchell is small but benches 325 lbs. So don't think the bulldogs will come to the PITT and simply wear the Pirates out. OP says everyone will see come friday,it should be a dandy.

Old Pirate says "long night there darook" sounds as if you are still unaware of reality. The SP team is extremely strong. #25 Mitchell is small but benches 325 lbs. So don't think the bulldogs will come to the PITT and simply wear the Pirates out. OP says everyone will see come friday,it should be a dandy.

Darook reiterates...Hampton stay home...send the the New England Patriots instead.

My goodness talk about ragging the kids..Your pathetic..They indeed are ALL CHAMPIONS regardless if they win or not..Geez seems you need to get a life..this is the TRUTH that prevails

I don't rag the kids at all, actually. I guess yall's mindset is different than down here. Ask the SP kids if they get beat Friday night if they are champions. I bet they will tell you the same thing. This isn't the special olympics, everyone is not champions, sorry!!

Before our enthusiastic Pirate fans get a little too deep with their predictions let me tell what I know about Hampton. I saw them play in the Semis last year against Friendship Christian. They are basically the same team that gave FC all they wanted only losing 24-7 to the eventual state runner-ups. Hampton is not as fast as SP but in the game against FC they were surprisingly quick for a bunch of big guys. The FC team that they played last year was a lot better than this years FC team so don't compare scores. SP has not faced a team this year with a bigger line...these guys are huge for a 1A team. I expect they will come right at us and try to mash us. They are so big they will have some success running the ball. They also can go gun and spread and throw effectively. They are much like us in that respect since we are a run first, pass sometimes team. Just remember any team that is 13-0 and has made it to the Semis 2 years running is a good football team.

One us will also have to face 1 of 2 very good football teams from the west. I think McKenzie (12-1) is the western version of the Pirates and will be the team in the Boro but Mt Pleasant can not be overlooked. McKenzie only lost to 2A Peabody who is playing Goodpasture in the 2A semis. McKenzie is playing Mt Pleasant (10-2 ) who has not played consistantly all year but that is coming on strong in the playoffs and they have last years Mr Football and this years finalist Marco Dailey. All this is to make a point...all 4 teams in the Semis are very good football teams, all won their region and all defeated the other region champs in the quarters last night. There are no more easy games...there are no more blowouts. Any one of these 4 teams has the potential to win the Gold Ball. Get your feet on the ground.

Could this years SP team, beat last years FC team............ anyone? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

If you're going to post and question someone else's intelligence, I would advise you to at least spell "conference" correctly. And it would also be "give me a B-R-E-A-K" notice: break....unless you wanted someone to hand you that thing that slows or stops your car. And since you got all hot and bothered to call someone else out on their "smarts" its also "you're smarter" notice a contraction of "you are".

Now that the english lesson is over....

>>Bud light presents Real American Heroes

(Real American Heroes....)

>>Today we salute you Mr. Correct the Grammar on a Message Board Guy

(Mr. Correct the Grammar on a Message Board Guy....)

While others are wasting time posting facts about high school football you come out to do the dirty work.

(No rest for you now....)

Even though you are doing the posters a favor, you still catch flack for catching every mistake.

(Was that a mistake that was just made?....)

So crack open an ice cold bud light Mr. Correct the Grammar on a Message Board Guy, because there is only one thing I know for certain in this world, and that is where would the English language be without you?

(Mr. Correct the Grammar on a Message Board Guy.......)

man, if the players fight as hard as we do on here, the score may end up 2-2 with both teams having to forfeit for too many personal fouls. Cmon guys be nice on here or don't post at all. Either way, the better team should come out victorious. What most on here don't understand is these two teams have never faced each other so unless you are a player, you will not have even seen each team play (most likely) unless on film. So at this point in the playoffs, all scores, stats, and who beat who, should be thrown out the window. I would love to see a blow out, but I would rather see a nail-biter to the end! It makes things much better if you are on the winning side. Bad thing is, someone has to lose.

Thanks Phil Fulmer for your advice.

TheDogFather

HOW CAN HAMPTON GET ON HERE AND BRAG AND PUT DOWN ANY OTHER CARTER COUNTY TEAM WHEN THEY LIED ABOUT HOW MANY STUDENTS WENT TO THERE SCHOOL SO THEY COULD DROP DOWN TO 1A…….. BECAUSE THEY JUST WERE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO COMPETE IN 2A…………. ALSO YOU IDOLIZE A MAN CALLED POOPOO WHO ONLY TALKS GOOD ABOUT YOU BECAUSE OF HIS NEPHEW………….. THEY ARE USING YOUR SCHOOL AND YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW IT…………. LUNSFORDS COULD CARE LESS ABOUT HAMPTON IT’S A JOB FOR DADDY AND GOOD 1A TEAM AROUND HERE FOR LIL MIKEY……………. WAKE UP HAMPTON CAUSE TSSAA WILL BE INVESTIGATING SOON……………