Hampton vs. South Pitt

Lord Vader

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hampton all the respect in the world to you but this will be like Wiley E Coyote trying to catch the Roadrunner just not going to happen. I believe we faced our biggest threat last week. I have coached different sports in my life and one thing you cant coach and that is speed, you either have it or you don't. Copper Basin is always a huge team up front we play every year outweighing us by about 50lbs. per man but they just dont get the job done just like i"m predicting this Friday against Hampton. I have a friend that lives in your area and has watched a few of your games. He has seen SP also and he thinks you are in some serious trouble! SP 45 Hampton 14!

Hampton all the respect in the world to you but this will be like Wiley E Coyote trying to catch the Roadrunner just not going to happen. I believe we faced our biggest threat last week. I have coached different sports in my life and one thing you cant coach and that is speed, you either have it or you don't. Copper Basin is always a huge team up front we play every year outweighing us by about 50lbs. per man but they just dont get the job done just like i"m predicting this Friday against Hampton. I have a friend that lives in your area and has watched a few of your games. He has seen SP also and he thinks you are in some serious trouble! SP 45 Hampton 14!

Wow, comparing Hampton (13-0) to Copper Basin (0-10). That's something. You must think Hampton is just a bunch of slow big boys. Come to the game this Friday night and observe this "slow" Hampton Bulldog team. You may get a big surprise!!!

Go Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat the Pirates!!!!!!!!

HAMPTON BULLDOGS 13-0

Hey,

I've heard some of these SP Pirates are so fast, they can just simply "tear your head off." Any headless guys been seen in G-ville lately???? Sure is a lot of big talk coming from the quaint little town by the Bama border!!!!

GO HAMPTON BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!!!!

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I hope you all have a safe trip down here. This is a very rowdy crowd down here so you better be mentally tough or the wall gang members will get in your players heads really fast. I know you have to be a good team to be 13-0 but man untill you've witnessed probaly in all classifications the fastest team in the state of TN, all I can say is watch and you want be dissapointed.

I hope you all have a safe trip down here. This is a very rowdy crowd down here so you better be mentally tough or the wall gang members will get in your players heads really fast. I know you have to be a good team to be 13-0 but man untill you've witnessed probaly in all classifications the fastest team in the state of TN, all I can say is watch and you want be dissapointed.

When the Hampton Bulldogs "upset" the SP Pirates, I will definitely not be disappointed!!!!!!

Go Dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First of all.. I will take anything you say with the smallest grain of salt. By comparing Hampton (3-time state semi finalist, 37-4 record the past 3 years) to Copper Basin (0 for 3 years) really shows your knowledge of sports. I feel sorry for the kids you've coached.

I AM NOT your friend but I have seen both teams play. I was in attendance Friday night watching South Pitt for a dear old friend of mine.

Here's my one and only prediction:

South Pitt is GOOD. Not quite what I'm reading on here but they will present a real problem. They are not that big but they do look tough. Fast... you'd better believe it!!! Soth Pitt: You will not beat Hampton running it up the middle. I repeat, YOU WILL NOT BEAT HAMPTON RUNNING IT UP THE MIDDLE. You can not hadle them up front. To beat them... you have to run outside. I think you may be able to do that. Defensively, bring your backers up a step, Hampton will handle your line but they'll have very little to get by your tough linebackers.

Hampton is GOOD. Looks to be a lot bigger. The speed of Hampton's linebackers, corners and safeties appear to be comparable to South Pitt. Bring your safeties up and minimize the outside runs. You may be able to control the ball by runnning it but you won't score very much. SP's linebackers will be a handful!!!!! Don't think you'll get much outside either. THROW THE BALL. Your HUGE line should give you time to go down field. SP's defensive backs look to be their weak point.

South Pitt: YOU WILL NOT BLOW HAMPTON OFF THE FIELD. Get off your high horses. You're getting ready to play a real team this week. BTW: you are nowhere near the 2005 Trousdale team... NOWHERE!!!

Hampton: You are in for a real dog fight Friday night. Strap 'em on tight, you will get hit hard a few times. These boys appear to go all out for 4-quarters!!!!

Who wins... Geez, this is really to close to call. It's a toss up. These 2 teams are closer than either fans want to admit. I will say this... Hampton has the edge in the kicking game and it may come down to this. Don't be surprised if Hampton wins. Wouldn't shock me if South Pitt wins. I do believe the winner will be 2007 State Champs.

First of all.. I will take anything you say with the smallest grain of salt. By comparing Hampton (3-time state semi finalist, 37-4 record the past 3 years) to Copper Basin (0 for 3 years) really shows your knowledge of sports. I feel sorry for the kids you've coached.

I AM NOT your friend but I have seen both teams play. I was in attendance Friday night watching South Pitt for a dear old friend of mine.

Here's my one and only prediction:

South Pitt is GOOD. Not quite what I'm reading on here but they will present a real problem. They are not that big but they do look tough. Fast... you'd better believe it!!! Soth Pitt: You will not beat Hampton running it up the middle. I repeat, YOU WILL NOT BEAT HAMPTON RUNNING IT UP THE MIDDLE. You can not hadle them up front. To beat them... you have to run outside. I think you may be able to do that. Defensively, bring your backers up a step, Hampton will handle your line but they'll have very little to get by your tough linebackers.

Hampton is GOOD. Looks to be a lot bigger. The speed of Hampton's linebackers, corners and safeties appear to be comparable to South Pitt. Bring your safeties up and minimize the outside runs. You may be able to control the ball by runnning it but you won't score very much. SP's linebackers will be a handful!!!!! Don't think you'll get much outside either. THROW THE BALL. Your HUGE line should give you time to go down field. SP's defensive backs look to be their weak point.

South Pitt: YOU WILL NOT BLOW HAMPTON OFF THE FIELD. Get off your high horses. You're getting ready to play a real team this week. BTW: you are nowhere near the 2005 Trousdale team... NOWHERE!!!

Hampton: You are in for a real dog fight Friday night. Strap 'em on tight, you will get hit hard a few times. These boys appear to go all out for 4-quarters!!!!

Who wins... Geez, this is really to close to call. It's a toss up. These 2 teams are closer than either fans want to admit. I will say this... Hampton has the edge in the kicking game and it may come down to this. Don't be surprised if Hampton wins. Wouldn't shock me if South Pitt wins. I do believe the winner will be 2007 State Champs.

And your prediction is...

Wow, comparing Hampton (13-0) to Copper Basin (0-10). That's something. You must think Hampton is just a bunch of slow big boys. Come to the game this Friday night and observe this "slow" Hampton Bulldog team. You may get a big surprise!!!

I understood what he was trying to say that a bigger line doesn't always equal a better line but Copper Basin was probably a poor choice to use for a comparison /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . Like I posted earlier I saw Hampton last year in the Semis and I have seen some film from this year and Hampton isn't slow. They are not as fast as SP but they are pretty quick in their own right. The SP fans might be surprised but the coaches and players won't be surprised...they know what they are up against. I think all the SP fans and Hampton fans need to realize that these 2 teams are the best teams either has faced all year...both are one of the best 4 teams in 1A. Being 13-0 and in the Semis is no small accomplishment