Hampton vs. South Pitt

Lord Vader

Hey Old Pirate,

Is it true you have to drive through downtown SPitt to get to the high school and the stadium???? Are there signs and banners all over town supporting the Pirates and a big "Beat Hampton" on the Princess Theatre?????

Tell us about the stadium. Are there plenty of seats and parking for the visiting team's fans?

We will definitely be there Friday night (God willing) to see a great game between two champions (South Pittsburg and Hampton).

Go Dogs!!!!

Old Pirate says between now and game day the town will showing support with signs and banners throughout downtown. OP is quite sure there is/will be a sign on the Princes Theatre Marquee. The stadium is 2.5 miles off of I-24 on hwy 72. The school is located about 4 blocks south of the business district. Beene stadium has plenty of seating for the quests. Heck in the day the local games with Stevenson,Ala. , Bridgeport, Ala, Jasper and occasionally Sweetwater,Alcoa the place was packed. OP don't recall any complaints about seating, except for the fans who wanted the top roll. SP takes a lot of pride in their stadium and the local fans-supporters work to upgrade regularly. The parking in close with several good parking lots surrounding the stadium. The SP junior high charge for the best parking across the street. OP is sure the Hampton fans will find SP very accomodating.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Old Pirate,

Is it true you have to drive through downtown SPitt to get to the high school and the stadium???? Are there signs and banners all over town supporting the Pirates and a big "Beat Hampton" on the Princess Theatre marquee?????

Tell us about the stadium. Are there plenty of seats and parking for the visiting team's fans?

We will definitely be there Friday night (God willing) to see a great game between two champions (South Pittsburg and Hampton)

Not OP but Yep...right through the middle of town. I didn't notice if the marquee had been changed from G'ville yet but it will. I went out this morning and all anyone is talking about is the game. The town is all Pirate football. Signs and flags everywhere

Beene Stadium is one of the best stadiums in 1A football. Seating is good (pics below) and there is plenty of parking close to the stadium. As you can see we are in the mountains too.

Here is the home side

Here is the visitors side

Not OP but Yep...right through the middle of town. I didn't notice if the marquee had been changed from G'ville yet but it will. I went out this morning and all anyone is talking about is the game. The town is all Pirate football. Signs and flags everywhere

Beene Stadium is one of the best stadiums in 1A football. Seating is good (pics below) and there is plenty of parking close to the stadium. As you can see we are in the mountains too.

Here is the home side

hey thanks looks like you have a great stadium I look forward to watching a great game friday night!GO DOGS!!!

Here is the home side

Very nice/impressive facilities you guys have there.....

Let me give all of you Hampton fans a little reality check here! Yall are 13-0 Big Whoop! Yall think you are strong and physical, yall have not seen anything yet. Hampton I really hope you do not think that you are going to walk right in here and run the ball because that is SP strength. You might have your one big offensive line star but I have seen those types of players and I guarantee you he will be worn out by the second quarter!!Tyner, Trousdale County, and Gordonsville would have all beat Hampton if they would have played! Heck, the boys from Jasper might even have given yall a tough game! Hampton reminds me of a knock off of a more talented version of Copper Basin!! Boys you have not seen football until you have came down to Pirate Country!! We play a different brand down here, and yall can not and will not be able to handle it for four quarters!!

SP-49

Hampton- 14

Let me give all of you Hampton fans a little reality check here! Yall are 13-0 Big Whoop! Yall think you are strong and physical, yall have not seen anything yet. Hampton I really hope you do not think that you are going to walk right in here and run the ball because that is SP strength. You might have your one big offensive line star but I have seen those types of players and I guarantee you he will be worn out by the second quarter!!Tyner, Trousdale County, and Gordonsville would have all beat Hampton if they would have played! Heck, the boys from Jasper might even have given yall a tough game! Hampton reminds me of a knock off of a more talented version of Copper Basin!! Boys you have not seen football until you have came down to Pirate Country!! We play a different brand down here, and yall can not and will not be able to handle it for four quarters!!

SP-49

Hampton- 14

SP may very well win this game, but you do NOT need to come on here and blast a bunch of teenage kid's 13-0 season accomplishment.....

Let me give all of you Hampton fans a little reality check here! Yall are 13-0 Big Whoop! Yall think you are strong and physical, yall have not seen anything yet. Hampton I really hope you do not think that you are going to walk right in here and run the ball because that is SP strength. You might have your one big offensive line star but I have seen those types of players and I guarantee you he will be worn out by the second quarter!!Tyner, Trousdale County, and Gordonsville would have all beat Hampton if they would have played! Heck, the boys from Jasper might even have given yall a tough game! Hampton reminds me of a knock off of a more talented version of Copper Basin!! Boys you have not seen football until you have came down to Pirate Country!! We play a different brand down here, and yall can not and will not be able to handle it for four quarters!!SP-49Hampton- 14

boy are in for a shock. We know what brand of football you play because we play it too, you run mostly and pass occassionally huh, sounds familiar? listen no one from hampton thinks this will be easy but it sounds like most of the spitt fans are really full of themselves or they are at least full of something!(what's that smell?).Look all kidding aside this will be a very good football game HAMPTON is not a pushover!GO DOGS!

Let me see. Lookout Valley,Tyner.Trousdale.Friendship,and Gordonsville, I would say the Pirates have been battled tested. I know we didnt show much except power football this past week so it will be good to see if we can use the other 50% of offense we didnt have to use the other night.

IF YOU HAVE IT YOU BETTER USE IT! CAUSE YOU WILL NEED IT!

boy are in for a shock. We know what brand of football you play because we play it too, you run mostly and pass occassionally huh, sounds familiar? listen no one from hampton thinks this will be easy but it sounds like most of the spitt fans are really full of themselves or they are at least full of something!(what's that smell?).Look all kidding aside this will be a very good football game HAMPTON is not a pushover!GO DOGS!IF YOU HAVE IT YOU BETTER USE IT! CAUSE YOU WILL NEED IT!

>>>edited by ZP<<< Check out the Board Rules

boy are in for a shock. We know what brand of football you play because we play it too, you run mostly and pass occassionally huh, sounds familiar? listen no one from hampton thinks this will be easy but it sounds like most of the spitt fans are really full of themselves or they are at least full of something!(what's that smell?).Look all kidding aside this will be a very good football game HAMPTON is not a pushover!GO DOGS!IF YOU HAVE IT YOU BETTER USE IT! CAUSE YOU WILL NEED IT!

Old Pirate says you Hampton fans need to look for the SP fans that don't appear over confident. OP is sure there are some bulldogs fans that are similar to powerp. Full of it, but proud. OP says any fan,player,former player should show respect for his opponant. The game is scheduled for Friday and hopefully the best team will prevail.

Old Pirate says the 'rail birds" have found this web page.