Perry County Football

Stat_pack1

We were wondering how things look over at PCHS for next year. We all thought that this past year would have been their breakout year, but things didn't go they way we thought it would. Is PCHS retaining the same coaches for next year......how many returning jrs will return? How many seniors did they lose this year? Whats the number of players that are returning and roster size for next year. Appreciate any info. on any of these questions. Thank you.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do know that the best chance of having good team will be with this years freshman they are good and 8 th grade is sending up 20 players.

Are the Vikings depending on 8th graders and freshmen to be major team players? I certainly hope not; very few 14-15 year olds are ready to step up and perform at a HS varsity level right off the bat.

If all goes as planned.......

Forrest Boutwell #4- QB/DB

Cole Campbell #24- RB/ DB

Dakota Qualls-#34- FB/LB

Jake McCaig-#66- G/LB/DE

Dray Mercer #28- RB/DB

Marcus Smith #60- T/DT

Micheal Rogers-#78-T/DT

Ethan Belasic#73 T/DT

Colton Woods#54- TE/DE

Royce Corbett#57- G/DE

Colton Ewing#70-T/DT

Brandon Jones#42 LB/FB

These are all of the returning starters, this is not just the players who will make a big impact. There will be some younger guys who will come out and play early. Sophmores and Freshman will help out alot with these guys.

I think this team will break out this next year, we really have high hopes.

Dakota Qualls-#34- FB/LB

Jake McCaig-#66- G/LB/DE

Dray Mercer #28- RB/DB

Marcus Smith #60- T/DT

Micheal Rogers-#78-T/DT

Ethan Belasic#73 T/DT

Colton Woods#54- TE/DE

Royce Corbett#57- G/DE

Colton Ewing#70-T/DT

Brandon Jones#42 LB/FB

These are all of the returning starters, this is not just the players who will make a big impact. There will be some younger guys who will come out and play early. Sophmores and Freshman will help out alot with these guys.

about Drey Mercer who will be soph. I think he owns all Jr. high records for TDs ,yards and INTs.I seen a lot of great players and personally I think he fits into that catagory.He is play maker and might have been fastest player on the team this year as freshman.

about Drey Mercer who will be soph. I think he owns all Jr. high records for TDs ,yards and INTs.I seen a lot of great players and personally I think he fits into that catagory.He is play maker and might have been fastest player on the team this year as freshman.

Assuming he plays. He almost didn't play this year, just decided to play after the season had already started. He got lots of playing time, but if he wants to play in '08, he needs to work out in the spring & summer with the rest of the team. He is also playing basketball & baseball, playing all three is hard once you get to the high school level, but can be done if you want it bad enough. Just depends on whether he really wants to play or not, I guess. I personally think football is his best sport, and that's the one he really needs to concentrate on, but that's just my opinion. What do you think, Radio?

Dakota Qualls-#34- FB/LB

Jake McCaig-#66- G/LB/DE

Dray Mercer #28- RB/DB

Marcus Smith #60- T/DT

Micheal Rogers-#78-T/DT

Ethan Belasic#73 T/DT

Colton Woods#54- TE/DE

Royce Corbett#57- G/DE

Colton Ewing#70-T/DT

Brandon Jones#42 LB/FB

Seems like you're leaving some out, but I can't think who. Of the ones you've named, most of them will be sophomores & juniors. McCaig, Qualls, Woods, & Corbett will be seniors next year. Arython Reed will be a senior also. Will McCaig & Qualls play next year, do you think? This year was the first year they've played football in high school, they both are dedicated baseball players (good pitchers), but they did a great job, I hope they do play again next year. Boutwell, Campbell, Smith, & Rogers will all be juniors. The rest will be sophomores. I don't know all the freshmen coming up, the ones I know (if they play) are: Jacob Tucker; Derek Watkins; Garrett Hill; Zack Grimes; Hunter Tucker. Who are they rest of the 20 you're talking about, Radio?

Are the Vikings depending on 8th graders and freshmen to be major team players? I certainly hope not; very few 14-15 year olds are ready to step up and perform at a HS varsity level right off the bat.

#24 Campbell started at corner every game last year (2006) as a freshman, ended the season with 35 tackles & 1 interception. I don't think we will have to totally depend on freshmen coming up next year, though. We are not losing that many seniors, and there are several returning next year. I think there are 6 seniors this year, among them: Chris Reed, Derek Phillips, Michael "Kicker" Barnett, Corey Jones. We will definitely miss them.

#24 Campbell started at corner every game last year (2006) as a freshman, ended the season with 35 tackles & 1 interception. I don't think we will have to totally depend on freshmen coming up next year, though. We are not losing that many seniors, and there are several returning next year. I think there are 6 seniors this year, among them: Chris Reed, Derek Phillips, Michael "Kicker" Barnett, Corey Jones. We will definitely miss them.

I bumped into Michael Wisdom from the 2006 team several weeks ago at Home Depot @ Cool Springs. I didn't recognize him (you get so used to seeing the guys in pads...) but he came up & introduced himself. Great kid..he is probably going to MTSU this Jan. He did a fine job as a Blocking Back in the SW attack. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I bumped into Michael Wisdom from the 2006 team several weeks ago at Home Depot @ Cool Springs. I didn't recognize him (you get so used to seeing the guys in pads...) but he came up & introduced himself. Great kid..he is probably going to MTSU this Jan. He did a fine job as a Blocking Back in the SW attack. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I saw him at the PC/Zion game. He seems to be doing really well, he's a good kid. I think he is working at Home Depot?