Big 9 Grand Opening

bucdaddio

Four good games for the first full night of the season..............

Sullivan East @ Daniel Boone

Sullivan Central @ Science Hill

Dobyns-Bennett @ Volunteer

Tennessee High @ Sullivan South

What does everyone think?

I think the favorites would have to be Boone, SH, D-B, and TH, but anything can happen in the Big 9...............

Four good games for the first full night of the season..............

Sullivan East @ Daniel Boone

Sullivan Central @ Science Hill

Dobyns-Bennett @ Volunteer

Tennessee High @ Sullivan South

What does everyone think?

I think the favorites would have to be Boone, SH, D-B, and TH, but anything can happen in the Big 9...............

Anyone see Volunteer / DB game? Lots of talk about Volunteer playing great and being a spoiler this year. How did either team look?

She was late for pictures before the game. Not sure why the coach made a big deal about it but the players better be gald they was playing East and nobody else or it may have gotten ugly with Caldwell in the game.

Players were told to report at a certain time, and she did not show up on time, that is correct.

However, the reason the coaches made a big deal out of it is simple- the rules are for everybody, period.

What kind of message would a coach be sending if he makes a rule, but then lets a star player and senior leader break it without consequences? That would be crazy. Caldwell IS a senior, she IS a leader, and she IS one of the best players on the team, and that's EXACTLY why she has to follow the team rules. I wouldn't respect a coach who handled it any other way.

And yes, they should have won this game big, and yes they almost lost it without Caldwell playing, and yes, they play South on Saturday, and a performance like last night's will get them beat by 30.

Science Hill girls hosted Sullivan Central last night. The Lady Toppers came out very slow and somewhat out of sorts. Then after a half of back and forth scoring, the Lady Toppers came out of halftime with a vengence. They came out of the sluggish zone defense and into their trademark man to man press which left the lady cougars without an answer. This began a one sided scoring run. Central did a good job, but in the end couldn't handle the pressure defense. Final score was 72-50. Whitney Moody led Central with an impressive 17 points. Jaimee Hill led the lady Toppers with 21 points and an impressive night of play with 8 steals, 6 assist and 7 rebounds. Jordan Douglas added 13 and Danika Collins and Alexis Fields both had 11. It was a well played game by both teams, with the Lady Toppers defense winning out. If the Lady Toppers can make the adjustments needed to begin the games with the intensity and pressure they end the game with, they will be a force to be reckoned with. The Lady Cougars are not to be counted out either, they have several good players in Moody, Blizzard, and others and if they continue to work could be a suprise to a few teams this season.

On another note, I was wondering if anyone was at last nights TN High/South game? I just heard that South girls won over the preseason favorites to confirm that no one is safe in the big 9. I would have loved to have seen that game... I am sure it was a good one!

Go Toppers!!