10-AAA District Play

Costanza

Well it's about that time. District play begins on Tuesday, with some excellent games to kick off district play. Clarksville travels to Northeast, Rossview travels to Dickson County, Springfield travels to Northwest, and Henry County travels to Kenwood. All these games will be very intriguing, as these are some quality games.

What are your thoughts on Tuesday's action?

As a Pats fans I'm most eagerly interested in the Rossview/DC game. Both should be much improved! Thus giving me a measuring stick to the likeliness of HC beating either of them. I do think that HC which has been predicted dead last on other strands in a little far fetched and we will surprise these teams. I can't wait to see C'ville in person to see how we match up.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's about that time. District play begins on Tuesday, with some excellent games to kick off district play. Clarksville travels to Northeast, Rossview travels to Dickson County, Springfield travels to Northwest, and Henry County travels to Kenwood. All these games will be very intriguing, as these are some quality games.

These predictions are solely based on what limited info I have read this year and from last years media guides. I realize many schools have transfers that can really improve teams. So based on talent seen last year and what is moving up I mkae these predictions for Tues night!

C'ville over a well coached Northeast team

Rossview over DC

Northwest with their new big man too much for the depleted Springfield team. (Think they had several graduate)

Finally my beloved Pats over a scrappy Kenwood team

How close am I? Thought?

my picks are

northeast over clarksville

dickson county over rossview

northwest over springfield

kenwood over henry county

I have seen several of these teams play. There is no clear cut favorite. Home court may be huge! Clarksville has great guard play. Northeast is very athletic with a go to guy. DC has a lot of experience back. Rossview has returners at every position including size. NW is huge and athletic. Springfield is very athletic, but haven't seen them yet. Kenwood is "very" athletic, could be sleeper. HC returns a very solid team from last year that plays very hard! Not sure who to pick. I see no clear cut favorite as I stated earlier. Whichever team wants it the most will win this district!!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Oh NE by far. NE is the most talented team in the district. They don't always play real smart and they will turn it over more times than they should, and sometimes take bad shots,

NW passes the looks test. They look great in warm-ups, but outside of about two players, they aren't really skilled enough to beat too many people.

If I am not mistaken, there seems to be several negative comments made about different players, atleast most of the NW team and how did you put it, "they arent really skilled enough".

I would simply say, that you need to get off of your pedastal coach, I mean how many Henry county fans would have been watching all of these district teams play, other than a coach.

Let me make sure that I have this right, dont talk about your team period unless it is positive. However, you talk about other teams in this fashion. (as I made some inquiries, I never said one negative thing about any of Henry county's players, not one I remind you) I can not wait to read your excuse for the negative comments you made about these teams.

Oh NE by far. NE is the most talented team in the district. They don't always play real smart and they will turn it over more times than they should, and sometimes take bad shots, but they are talented!

NW passes the looks test. They look great in warm-ups, but outside of about two players, they aren't really skilled enough to beat too many people. They will win some games and they will play some people close--but they aren't a good enough team to beat anyone consistently.

I wanted to pick Dickson over Rossview. I really did. But until Dickson starts winning I don't know how good they are really gonna be. However, I'm not sold on Rossview being as good as advertised either--so who knows?!

I never singled one player out, someone was a little touchy, I simply said that I heard some grumblings from some of my friends in Paris, and I do not even know any of the Patriot players, I would like to understand where your defensive stance came from, I did not say ONE negative word about a player or coach.