Hampton-South Pittsburg Web Updates

darook70

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey wes,thanks alot for doing this.i'm in phoenix and i want to keep up with the game.tell your dad i said hi.--s.jackson

Yes, thank you for doing this! I am a SPHS alum in Maryville (not so far from Hampton) and I am DYING to follow this game! I have been lurking on the boards. This should be a great game!

I am in the press box at South Pittsburg. It's a little chilly both teams have been out warming up. The Pirate Band is now playing some warmup music. Good early crowd here at Beene Stadium.

I will be updating the game score by score once it begins for those who couldn't make the trip.

I'm pulling for the Bulldogs obviously to win this game being from their neck of the woods. Either way I hope it's a good game and both teams give their all with nobody getting hurt.

If y'all have any questions or anything, I'll do my best to answer them over the course of the game.

RADIO: By the way, WJCW from Gray, TN is here. Go to their website (www.wjcw.com) they are duing a dual broadcast of Maryville-Sullivan South and Hampton-South Pittsburg. When you log in it'll be Maryville-South. Once this game gets going, they'll have updates.

-------------

This is one loud crowd down here on both sides. Both teams are throwing the ball a lot in warmups.

Dogs are on the field. Here come the Pirates. What a firework show. It's like the 4th of July down here.

Hampton to receive. HERE WE GO...

FIRST QUARTER

HHS: Hampton drove it into South Pitt territory behind a healthy dose of Milhorn and Jaynes. A penalty hurt Hampton as they were stopped on four downs.

SP: Robinson and Jones with good gains early on. Cody Robinson hits his brother for a first down, but Blake Russell makes a big stop on Weatherspoon for a ten yard loss. But Robinson hits Jones for a 17-yard score and Robert Robinson bursts into the end-zone from 10 yards out for the opening score. 7-0 SOUTH PITT

HHS: WOW! Hampton gets ball back. Facemask penalty +15 yards. Then Dustin Roberson takes the ball from 45 yards out. FUMBLES IT ON THE 10, picks it up under pressure with a defender in front of him and gets into the end-zone. TIE GAME 7-7 2:18

(Steve, good to see you on here. Hope all is well. I'll tell dad you said hey)

SP: Robinson bursts 28 yards for a first down after the kick. Gets a first down on third & 4 with an 8 yard run. Jones stopped on a four yard run. 2nd and 6 when we come back END OF QUARTER

SECOND QUARTER

SP: Robinson with a 12 yard run. Robinson to Weatherspoon first down to the 8. Robinson stopped -1, Mitchell gets one yard. 3rd and 8 -- Jones bursts up the middle with a score. kick failed. 13-7 9:50

HHS: Hampton gets a holding penalty on second down. 2nd and 16 -- incomplete. Roberson -1 loss. Roberson 25 yard punt.

SP: Robinson to Weatherspoon 17 for a first down, Robinson and Jones combine for first down, Robinson 20yard run for a first down, Cody Robinson keeper from four yards out for a score. Robinson to Weatherspoon conversion pass. SP 21-7 5:42

HHS: Blackmon gets stopped on the 10 after initially fumbling the return. Facemask penalty on first play of drive. Irick 3 run, illegal motion -5, Lunsford with a 19 pass to Newbern, 16 pass to Irick moves chains, Lunsford 1 run, shovel pass to Irick 5, Irick stopped for no gain on option pitch, big fourth down for HHS - Lunsford to Newbern 19 first down, Lunsford throws into end zone Weatherspoon picks it off and rumbles 45 yards upfield... bad break for Dogs.

SP: 1:59 on the clock -- Robinson 9 run, Mitchell 15 run - he's slung out of bounds by Newbern drawing a 15 yard penalty Robinson fumbles Lunsford picks it up after a Hampton lineman tipped it to him on the ground and takes it 75 yards for a touchdown with :59 seconds left. Craziest play I've ever seen. Two crazy plays on Dog scores. -- Campbell kick 21-14

SP: Big 47 run from Jones. Pass to out of bounds. Pass tipped by Lunsford to end half. 21-14. Be back - doing radio lol.

HALFTIME NOTES: 167 offensive yards from Hampton, 302 offensive yards from SP (Robinson 17-131). This game has lived up to its billing so far. I'm a firm believer that the winner of this one takes the title next week.

THIRD QUARTER

SP: Robert Robinson and Cody Robinson with first down runs moving it into Hampton territory. Once inside the red zone, Hampton jumps offsides to put it on the four yard line, quarterback keeper for a four yard score. The kick is good. SP 28-14 with 7:10 left in quarter...

HHS: Milhorn 12 run, Lunsford hits Newbern with a 26 yard pass for a first down, Lunsford to Irick with an 8 yd pass, Lunsford drops snap and Irick recovers then quarterback sneak for 1st, Lunsford gains 7 on a run to the 6, but Irick is stopped on second down, Lunsford passes to Robinson for a gain of three - big fourth and inches and Luinsford sneaks it for a first down on the three... Lunsford 2-yd run to 1 --- Lunsford stopped on second down --- end of quarter...

FOURTH QUARTER

HHS: Irick 1 yd TD no time off the clock... 28-21

SP: They run three seconds off before the kick. Mitchell 25 return, Robinson 9 run, Mitchell 4 for 1st, Robinson 8 - then Jones rumbles 27 yards for the score. Kick is good. SP 34-21

HHS: Roberson -1, Milhorn 6, first down on pass interference, Irick 9, Irick 28 for a first down, Lunsford 2 plus facemask, Roberson for a first down to the five, Irick to the 2, Lunsford -3, Lunsford hits Milhorn with a 5-yd TD pass - kick is good. 35-28 with 5:41 remaining

SP: Weatherspoon with a 32 return to the 40, Robinson with two big runs for first downs, Mitchell with a 13 run for a first down to the 24 yard line, Blake Russell with big stop on Robinson for a loss, Jones 5, Robninson with big 12 yard run for first to the nine... 2:45 left.... Robinson 9-yd TD 2:29 SP 42-28

HHS: Lunsford picked off by Weatherspoon with 1:35 left - that may be it.

SP: Robinson with a 30 yard run for a first down with clock winding down, to the five. Knee - that's it.

Thanks for following a long. I'm going to pack up and get ready to talk to the boys.

Congratulations to both teams. Great job Bulldogs. It was a pleasure watching you. You area bunch of great kids with great heart. What a run!!! Good luck South Pitt. Win it next week!

I am in the press box at South Pittsburg. It's a little chilly both teams have been out warming up. The Pirate Band is now playing some warmup music. Good early crowd here at Beene Stadium.

I will be updating the game score by score once it begins for those who couldn't make the trip.

I'm pulling for the Bulldogs obviously to win this game being from their neck of the woods. Either way I hope it's a good game and both teams give their all with nobody getting hurt.

If y'all have any questions or anything, I'll do my best to answer them over the course of the game.

RADIO: By the way, WJCW from Gray, TN is here. Go to their website they are duing a dual broadcast of Maryville-Sullivan South and Hampton-South Pittsburg

---- Wes Holtsclaw, Sports Editor, Elizabethton Star

-------------

This is one loud crowd down here on both sides. Both teams are throwing the ball a lot in warmups.

FIRST QUARTER

You have a link the WJCW Hampton game? I got the Sullivan South - Maryville game but I don't see any sign of the Hampton game.

RADIO: By the way, WJCW from Gray, TN is here. Go to their website they are duing a dual broadcast of Maryville-Sullivan South and Hampton-South Pittsburg

---- Wes Holtsclaw, Sports Editor, Elizabethton Star

-------------

FIRST QUARTER

hey wes,thanks alot for doing this.i'm in phoenix and i want to keep up with the game.tell your dad i said hi.--s.jackson

Yes, thank you for doing this! I am a SPHS alum in Maryville (not so far from Hampton) and I am DYING to follow this game! I have been lurking on the boards. This should be a great game!

I recognize those initials . . . I think. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />