Overweight Wrestlers

Rahfiki

I just cant beleive that heavyweight had to be upped by 10pounds. 275 to 285. Im not coming down on the heavy weights!!! Wrestlers and coaches need to understand that wrestling is a sport the requires good health. In order to wrestle well, They need to train everyday and watch what they eat,(that includes not eating KFC or Taco heck)!! Some coaches watch their wrestlers at school during lunch but most do not. I think in order to have a TOP wrestling team that coaches sould pay more attention to what their wrestlers eat and do while outside of school. What do yall think?

I think it's a good thing that it's been increased because it's more inviting to alot of football players who probably play at 300lbs and think a 25 pound cut is too much. It helps get more guys from football to wrestling, which will in turn get them into better shape.

besides, there's not much of a difference. I've wrestled guys who weighed 275 when I myself weighed 210. 10 more pounds on them wasn't gonna make a difference.

I just cant beleive that heavyweight had to be upped by 10pounds. 275 to 285. Im not coming down on the heavy weights!!! Wrestlers and coaches need to understand that wrestling is a sport the requires good health. In order to wrestle well, They need to train everyday and watch what they eat,(that includes not eating KFC or Taco heck)!! Some coaches watch their wrestlers at school during lunch but most do not. I think in order to have a TOP wrestling team that coaches sould pay more attention to what their wrestlers eat and do while outside of school. What do yall think?

What was that this sport requires good health? When I wrestled I would lose 35 lbs 3 of my 4 years I was far from healthy

What was that this sport requires good health? When I wrestled I would lose 35 lbs 3 of my 4 years I was far from healthy

Well i really wasnt including the abnormal. You choose to loose 35lbs to wrestle at the weight of your choice. I knew many that did the same as you and i know how hard it must have been for you. Its just that the new generation of wrestlers need to be looked after their first year.