Tri-County Seven - Week Of 2 December, 2007

krichunaka

Elizabethton should continue winning tonight at home against West Greene.

Unaka faces the unknown in Damascus, Virginia against Holston High School.

Cloudland won last night, and will stay in Roan Mountain against Cosby this

Friday.

After last week's heart-breaker in Erwin, Happy Valley plays at home tonight

against South Greene. The Lady Warriors have another home game

Friday versus Sullivan North.

The Lady Longhorns host Sullivan North tonight.

Unicoi County plays the first of this week's three winnable road games tonight

at Chuckey Doak.

Hampton plays in Avery County tonight.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday.

against South Greene tonight. The Lady Warriors have another home game

at Chuckey Doak.

Krich, we might go up there tonight and get surprised, but for some reason I have this feeling in my belly that the Lady Cavaliers are going to be close to the same level as that Twin Springs team Unaka played in 04-05.

Krich, we might go up there tonight and get surprised, but for some reason I have this feeling in my belly that the Lady Cavaliers are going to be close to the same level as that Twin Springs team Unaka played in 04-05.

I have no idea what to expect. There's no boys game, only girls - varsity and junior varsity, beginning at six.

Either way, I Love going to Damascus; one of my favorite places. I think Kenneth Fritts still owns/operates Cowboys, located right there on the corner - - where you turn left to go to Holston High School, look right. I think Cowboys is still an Exxon gas station/store/restaurant. And man, they got some Awesome Chicken, Cheese Sticks, and Potato Wedges. I can hardly wait.

I have no idea what to expect. There's no boys game, only girls - varsity and junior varsity, beginning at six.

Either way, I Love going to Damascus; one of my favorite places. I think Kenneth Fritts still owns/operates Cowboys, located right there on the corner - - where you turn left to go to Holston High School, look right. I think Cowboys is still an Exxon gas station/store/restaurant. And man, they got some Awesome Chicken, Cheese Sticks, and Potato Wedges. I can hardly wait.

Hey, Krich you are on the money about Cowboys, my Daddy took me there once, thanks for the trip down memory road! Wasn't for sure where the school was, but thanks to you I should be able to find it. Lookin' forward to game time and hope all are ready to play. And for what it's worth I enjoy your postings.

Friday.

against South Greene tonight. The Lady Warriors have another home game

at Chuckey Doak.

The Warriors played South Greene tonight. The final score showed SG winning by 20, but let me tell you that was not at all indicative of the game I watched. It was a battle on both offense and defense for all 4 quarters with the Warriors hanging right with SG til the end of the 4th quarter. The last 10-12 point deficite came from forced fouls. I think we've all underestimated what the Warriors can do if they continue to play with the intensity they've shown the last 2 games.

The Warriors played South Greene tonight. The final score showed SG winning by 20, but let me tell you that was not at all indicative of the game I watched. It was a battle on both offense and defense for all 4 quarters with the Warriors hanging right with SG til the end of the 4th quarter. The last 10-12 point deficite came from forced fouls. I think we've all underestimated what the Warriors can do if they continue to play with the intensity they've shown the last 2 games.

Yes, that was indeed the case. The warriors hung right in there the whole game up until those last few minutes. If it were not for those forced fouls they had to give, to try and stay in the game, the Warriors would have been more capable of beating one of the BEST teams in this area. So this will show all of those non-believers out there that Happy Valley really can play. They may have gotten beat by both Erwin and SG but those two games were very well handled by the Lady Warriors.

Along those same lines, Elizabethton beat a surprisingly scrappy West Greene team 60-41. West Greene is small with no real post players, but they are quick and athletic and can hit open threes. Elizabethton was ice cold from the outside and only hit one three. However, Mariah Pietrowski was unstoppable inside and scored around 24 points and dominated the lane. Pietrowski looks to be the "X" factor for the Cyclones and is a tough matchup for most of the teams they play. I think West Greene will beat some people and has a shot to make the region.

Hey, Krich you are on the money about Cowboys, my Daddy took me there once, thanks for the trip down memory road! Wasn't for sure where the school was, but thanks to you I should be able to find it. Lookin' forward to game time and hope all are ready to play. And for what it's worth I enjoy your postings.

soft/basketballmom, Thanks for your kind words. I remember the man who took

you to Cowboys. Quite a guy, huh? And that gal he married is The Bomb! As you

know, my son and his friend went with me to the game. I treasure every such

excursion, as I'm sure you'll always fondly remember that trip to Damascus.

The game? Well, it wasn't pretty, and there's the inevitable question about margin

of victory. I've been on the other end. I didn't care for it. Being on the upper hand,

well, I don't care for this either. Go figure. It's a little uncomfortable just to bear

witness to such a mismatch.

But not to worry; the Lady Rangers will have their hands full with James Buchanan's

Lady Huskies come Friday night.

ballobserver is right the score was not how the game was played at all, the forced fouling is what sealed the deal for SG

Yes, that was indeed the case. The warriors hung right in there the whole game up until those last few minutes. If it were not for those forced fouls they had to give, to try and stay in the game, the Warriors would have been more capable of beating one of the BEST teams in this area. So this will show all of those non-believers out there that Happy Valley really can play. They may have gotten beat by both Erwin and SG but those two games were very well handled by the Lady Warriors.

Don't think there are many non-believers out there about Happy Valley. Most people have made them 4th in the rankings and picked them to finish in the top 4 in the conference. At this point and time that is where they are. They must be behind Unicoi, Cloudland and South Greene because of the losses. Elizabethton will probably be a hard match up for them. Yes they are playing better basketball. They seem to be playing more inspired. Could they beat any of the above teams, I think so but they must prove it. I think the other teams know they must come to play when facing the Warriors.