Chattanooga Area Top 10 Teams

sports89

Ok Hampton legitimatly playing 4 positions may be overstating but he could for CSAS and for the district he plays in he could definatly play 4 if needed. True he's not flashy but consistantly filling the stat sheet speaks volumes and he's done it regardless of the competition CSAS has faced. Speaking of weak districts, its not like Howard is playing a power house schedule either. Im not saying they aren't deserving of the high praise of being the best in the city cuz they are its just that you really have to trash the rest of the teams in the city for not being any good rather than penalize or judging the player for playing well against the competition he's facing. Skogen didn't look like much (mabey he looked like crap the 2 times you saw him) but teams who played against him alot knew he was the real deal.

Winning... I agree that Ricks & Taylor are legit but Sexton is going to have to take it to another level to be in the same company. Right now he's just not a player that good teams would spend a whole lot of time trying to prepare to stop. He'll get his points because he's a good player but what else is he giving you?

You are right the teams in Howards district are weak this year, However CSAS probably would have trouble with some of those teams like Hixson. But we still play Brainerd every year and we play Austin East those are two teams that are ranked in the state year in year out. If Howard played CSAS it would be a blowout. Not only do they have ricks and Taylor they also have Brandon Allen and Fred at Center. Put it like this, Howard is better than they were last year and I feel the only two teams that can match up with them in this area are Red Bank when they get Benford and Brainerd. I still think CSAS will win the state this year though

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right the teams in Howards district are weak this year, However CSAS probably would have trouble with some of those teams like Hixson. But we still play Brainerd every year and we play Austin East those are two teams that are ranked in the state year in year out. If Howard played CSAS it would be a blowout. Not only do they have ricks and Taylor they also have Brandon Allen and Fred at Center. Put it like this, Howard is better than they were last year and I feel the only two teams that can match up with them in this area are Red Bank when they get Benford and Brainerd. I still think CSAS will win the state this year though

Howard may be the best team in the area but it is going to be tough for them to win the state. Only because I can't remember the last AA team from Chatt to win it. They do seem to have all the pieces to do it but it will be tough. Good Luck to Howard. I'd love to see them win it all. As for single A, CSAS has a great shot at the title as long as they stay healthy and hungry. Those Memphis teams in AA and A pose some serious threats to both teams.

Memphis always poses a threat in basketball....hope not this year. It would be so great to see Howard and CSAS bring home championships in their divisions. Shame those two teams do not play this year.

Howard may be the best team in the area but it is going to be tough for them to win the state. Only because I can't remember the last AA team from Chatt to win it. They do seem to have all the pieces to do it but it will be tough. Good Luck to Howard. I'd love to see them win it all. As for single A, CSAS has a great shot at the title as long as they stay healthy and hungry. Those Memphis teams in AA and A pose some serious threats to both teams.

Chattanooga has never won a state championship in AA. Closest would be Aaron Green and Jamie Upton at Sweetwater in 1994.

Closest Chattanooga team was Chattanooga Kirkman High School, losing in the 1982 finals to Memphis East.

So what class was brainerd in when they won the state. And what class was Howard in when they lost all of those championship games and Harris Walker lost to Cleveland in the state what class were they in then

Interesting. Does anyone know who has won state championships in basketball for Chattanooga...public or private. I have a feeling it has been a long time. Hope to see it change soon.

1943 Central

1947 Soddy-Daisy

1968, 1969, 1972 Riverside

1984, 1988, 1992 Brainerd

1996 Boyd Buchanan

2001 Chattanooga Christian

2002, 2003, and last season (2007) Temple

so i would say last season was pretty recent....Chattanooga with at least one in every decade...except the fifties shux....sadly the number of runner-ups surpasses the number of champions...with 15 runner-ups....and all of this isnt including the surrounding area schools like bradley central, cleveland, and sweetwater....because all three have one or the other or both...