Van Buren County Fans.........

AlwaysTruetoVB1

I have followed both the girls and boys basketball teams for years. I was having a discussion at half time of one of the games the other day. I have a few questions if someone could answer them......first did something happen that we now have two female's sitting on the bench one on our girls varsity and one at our middle school teams? I ask this because it seems as though (the varsity) whom did better without that. Was is Coach Sullivan not helping with the girls anymore? He is winning games............... Thank you I am just curious and neither are teachers at the school.

She does a good job helping the girls varsity. Coach Sullivan needs to focus on the boys. I think Coach Binkley is fine with her helping. She volunteers her time. It doens't matter she is not a teacher. The team wants her there. It is up to the TEAM to play together, not the coahes. I don't know about the middle school helper.

Both coaches assistants are helping out for the love of the game. The Jr High assistant does work at the school as an aide. She was a former player and was kind enough to come in and work with the players. The high school assitant is totally all volunteer. She has a jr high ballplayer and she played college ball. Both have brought a great asset to the team! Coach Amy was gracious enough to help out and play during the alumni game. I think its wonderful that these ladies are helping out, what class!!

Way to go Varsity Eaglettes on your win tonight!!! You guys are a GREAT TEAM so KEEP IT UP!!!

I have followed both the girls and boys basketball teams for years. I was having a discussion at half time of one of the games the other day. I have a few questions if someone could answer them......first did something happen that we now have two female's sitting on the bench one on our girls varsity and one at our middle school teams? I ask this because it seems as though (the varsity) whom did better without that. Was is Coach Sullivan not helping with the girls anymore? He is winning games............... Thank you I am just curious and neither are teachers at the school.

"Did something happen" is a really vague way to ask a question. What happened was we finally have two people that are willing to spend a large portion of their time volunteering to help our girl basketball players. Two people will always be superior to one person running a practice since you can break the team down into different groups & the players get more individual attention in their groups. This is regardless of whether they are male or female.

Its an added bonus they are female. Some players respond good to everyone, some respond better to males, & some better to females. Its also nice to have two different personality types on the bench because once again players respond differently to different personalities. They are two more people there able and willing to reach the kids for the better.

I know Coach Amy has spent countless hours working with the girls, preparing activities for the girls, and she has opened up her home to the girls numerous times. She has done this selflessly with little personal gain other than knowing she is making an impact on the lives of many of these girls. To imply that all of her hard work is somehow inferior to Coach Sullivan sitting on the bench with the girls shows a complete lack of knowledge in building a basketball team. Do you realize that when Coach Sullivan & Coach Binkley did that neither of them spent practice time with the others team? How does an hour sitting on the bench during a basketball game help more than spending every practice with the girls, numerous open gyms, and a large number of team activities? With regards to basketball she is the best thing that has happened for a number of those girls. Has she impacted them all in the same way? No, but who could do that?

She does all of this as an assistant coach who is getting paid nothing. If she wasn't there this past Saturday the one high school girl that came to work on her shot would not have been there. & you want to complain about her? Really how dumb would you like to look in front of all these other people on the forums?