District 10AAA

fanchs

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dickson 68 Northeast 74

Dickson led the first 3 quarters. At half time Dickson had the lead 37 - 30. Dickson was being very aggressive in the first half taking advantage by beating the press and scoring on fast breaks.

Dickson slowed down the second half and I cannot figure out why. At one time Dickson was ahead by 12 or 15 points. When Dickson slowed down it became the advantage Northeast.

Dickson should have won this game. Maybe they will meet in the district tournament and they will have learned from their mistakes.

Any other scores to report?

Dickson 68 Northeast 74

Dickson led the first 3 quarters. At half time Dickson had the lead 37 - 30. Dickson was being very aggressive in the first half taking advantage by beating the press and scoring on fast breaks.

Dickson slowed down the second half and I cannot figure out why. At one time Dickson was ahead by 12 or 15 points. When Dickson slowed down it became the advantage Northeast.

Dickson should have won this game. Maybe they will meet in the district tournament and they will have learned from their mistakes.

Any other scores to report?

I believe Dickson Co. had problems during the second half because their staters were tried. Hamiltion didnt really switch out her players as much as i thought she should have. Dickson Co seems like a much better team than Northeast on all levels.

Sorry to hear about K's injury... I sure wouldn't risk playing to soon.... Not with the bright future she has....

I think she is better. Last nights game against Dickson Co Kamiko seemed to be back to her normal state, although both teams had problems with refs, she still remained the top scorer i believe.

I believe Dickson Co. had problems during the second half because their staters were tried. Hamiltion didnt really switch out her players as much as i thought she should have. Dickson Co seems like a much better team than Northeast on all levels.

There were a lot of times when the girls had a fast break and they would pull back and try to set up the offense. And a lot of those times they had the numbers. Three on two.

I do agree they have a better team. The Williams girl played well but Dickson had the opportunity to get her in foul trouble by taking charges. Williams would lower her shoulder and drive and the help side defense should have taken a charge. She had three fouls going into the second half.

The guards for Dickson are extremely fast and the McClurkin girl at post got a bunch of lay ups on transition.

I think they will go far if they play an up tempo game.

There were a lot of times when the girls had a fast break and they would pull back and try to set up the offense. And a lot of those times they had the numbers. Three on two.

I do agree they have a better team. The Williams girl played well but Dickson had the opportunity to get her in foul trouble by taking charges. Williams would lower her shoulder and drive and the help side defense should have taken a charge. She had three fouls going into the second half.

The guards for Dickson are extremely fast and the McClurkin girl at post got a bunch of lay ups on transition.

I think they will go far if they play an up tempo game.

I agree. There were a lot of charges that should have been taken. Free throws seemed to be a problem for Dickson Co. McCurkan Is a BIG asset to Dickson Co. with her being out at the begining of the season created a challenge for the Lady Cougars. She has proven that she can play all postions on the court. If there is another game between the two i believe Dickson Co. will come out with a win.

Kbc00, what is your opinion on the 5 starters of Dickson Co. and Clarksville NE? What are your personal opinion on each individual player?

Dickson Co.

3- Kelsey Hamiliton

10- Katherine Smithson

30- Rebecca Smithson

34- Amelia Downs

40- Brittney McClurkan

Northeast

12- Jayda Singleton

15- Kamiko Williams

24- Mykia Jackson

44- Rockelle Barlow

55- Laishka Bruno

Kbc00, what is your opinion on the 5 starters of Dickson Co. and Clarksville NE? What are your personal opinion on each individual player?Dickson Co.3- Kelsey Hamiliton10- Katherine Smithson30- Rebecca Smithson34- Amelia Downs40- Brittney McClurkanNortheast 12- Jayda Singleton15- Kamiko Williams24- Mykia Jackson44- Rockelle Barlow55- Laishka Bruno

3- KelseyShe is a good player. She is a streak shooter. When she is hot she is hot. I think the coaches put way to much pressure on this young lady.10 - KatherineStrong defensive player and seems to be a team leader. She can shoot the ball but doesnt take too many opportunities30 - RebeccaShe is one of fastest point guards in the mid state. I got the opportunity to see her play in AAU and she could penetrate and score. You see it sometimes with Dickson but not that much.34 - Amelia

3- KelseyShe is a good player. She is a streak shooter. When she is hot she is hot. I think the coaches put way to much pressure on this young lady.10 - KatherineStrong defensive player and seems to be a team leader. She can shoot the ball but doesnt take too many opportunities30 - RebeccaShe is one of fastest point guards in the mid state. I got the opportunity to see her play in AAU and she could penetrate and score. You see it sometimes with Dickson but not that much.34 - Amelia

34 - AmeliaShe has had a lot of injuries with the knee. She is a hard worker but needs to work on her hands. She will be the starting post next year and will expect her to be a scorer.

3- KelseyShe is a good player. She is a streak shooter. When she is hot she is hot. I think the coaches put way to much pressure on this young lady.10 - KatherineStrong defensive player and seems to be a team leader. She can shoot the ball but doesnt take too many opportunities30 - RebeccaShe is one of fastest point guards in the mid state. I got the opportunity to see her play in AAU and she could penetrate and score. You see it sometimes with Dickson but not that much.34 - Amelia34 - AmeliaShe has had a lot of injuries with the knee. She is a hard worker but needs to work on her hands. She will be the starting post next year and will expect her to be a scorer.

I am having computer problems so excuse the screw ups.

3- KelseyShe is a good player. She is a streak shooter. When she is hot she is hot. I think the coaches put way to much pressure on this young lady.10 - KatherineStrong defensive player and seems to be a team leader. She can shoot the ball but doesnt take too many opportunities30 - RebeccaShe is one of fastest point guards in the mid state. I got the opportunity to see her play in AAU and she could penetrate and score. You see it sometimes with Dickson but not that much.34 - Amelia34 - AmeliaShe has had a lot of injuries with the knee. She is a hard worker but needs to work on her hands. She will be the starting post next year and will expect her to be a scorer.I am having computer problems so excuse the screw ups.

40 - Brittney

She is the most consistant scorer for the team. She shoots the ball really well and is extremely strong. You dont see any post players push her around. If she were over 6 foot tall she would be one of the top recruits in Tennessee. I dont know if she is being looked at or not. She was injured early in the season.

The Northeast Players

The Williams girl is very athletic. She still needs some work on decision making. She will be a division one player on her athletic ability. She also has a good touch shooting the ball.

Jackson is a strong player and works hard.

The biggest problem with the Northeast Team is that the last year coach seemed to have them more disciplined. I know they are winning but what I have seen it looks like they are not very organized at times. Dickson would beat their press and they would not recover and Dickson would get lay up after lay up.

Sorry for the double posting my computer remote access is causing some problems.

40 - Brittney

She is the most consistant scorer for the team. She shoots the ball really well and is extremely strong. You dont see any post players push her around. If she were over 6 foot tall she would be one of the top recruits in Tennessee. I dont know if she is being looked at or not. She was injured early in the season.

The Northeast Players

The Williams girl is very athletic. She still needs some work on decision making. She will be a division one player on her athletic ability. She also has a good touch shooting the ball.

Jackson is a strong player and works hard.

The biggest problem with the Northeast Team is that the last year coach seemed to have them more disciplined. I know they are winning but what I have seen it looks like they are not very organized at times. Dickson would beat their press and they would not recover and Dickson would get lay up after lay up.

Sorry for the double posting my computer remote access is causing some problems.

Its fine.

3 Hamiliton- Quick Release on her shots, very smart player on the court, too many long range 3's taken and not made.

10 K. Smithson- Best defense from dickson Not really i shooter but more of a distributor, when she is on . . . . .She is on!

30 R. Smithson- Good shooter, Fast but i wouldnt say one of the fastest in the Mid State, Sometimes i think Rebecca used her speed as a disadvantage.

34 Downs- I havent really seen a lot from this player, I believe she holds back due to her injuries.

40 McClurkan- Strong post probably the best one ive seen in 10aaa. She uses her height the best she can.

Northeast

15 Williams- They say she is good but do you think she is good enough to go to UT?

I totally agree with you on the most part. Thanks for your opinion.

Its fine.

3 Hamiliton- Quick Release on her shots, very smart player on the court, too many long range 3's taken and not made.

10 K. Smithson- Best defense from dickson Not really i shooter but more of a distributor, when she is on . . . . .She is on!

30 R. Smithson- Good shooter, Fast but i wouldnt say one of the fastest in the Mid State, Sometimes i think Rebecca used her speed as a disadvantage.

34 Downs- I havent really seen a lot from this player, I believe she holds back due to her injuries.

40 McClurkan- Strong post probably the best one ive seen in 10aaa. She uses her height the best she can.

Northeast

15 Williams- They say she is good but do you think she is good enough to go to UT?

I totally agree with you on the most part. Thanks for your opinion.

I dont see Williams playing for Pat Summit. But you never know what a college coach sees in a player. She would have to play guard in the SEC and I think they are loaded at that position.