Futre of District 9 AAA

flngrvy

Hendersonville came to Mt. Juliet last night and I am very impressed with their Sophomores and Freshman. I see big things for these girls in the next two years as they are loaded with talent. In fact, as they continue to improve this year, they will make some noise come tournament time and they will be the team that nobody will want to play. Book it.

Hendersonville came to Mt. Juliet last night and I am very impressed with their Sophomores and Freshman. I see big things for these girls in the next two years as they are loaded with talent. In fact, as they continue to improve this year, they will make some noise come tournament time and they will be the team that nobody will want to play. Book it.

I saw on the scoreboard where the final score was 67-32.

Did the sophomores & freshmen play this game?

The Future is one thing, but how about now? Smyrna over MJ 1 pt (at home) and WC winning by 2 pts against LaVergne and 3 pts over Beech? I am up on MJ/Smyrna but have not heard much about the WC game? How about it Mighty Kitties? What were the games like?

I'm not a Mighty Kitty but I can tell you about the LaVergne/WC game. If you can contain JH & stop the outside shooting of Burroughs & Christopher, then you can match up well with WC. Now, JH sister who is a freshmen(the future) comes off the bench & gives WC good quality minutes. She won't score like her big sister but she is a banger on the boards, so she is able to pick up a lot of garbage points.

The game between WC & LaVergne was a good one! It can down to tie ball game with a few seconds left on the clock. WC had possession of the ball & was driving to score. LaVergne got the steal but lost it back to WC, Burroughs picked up the loose ball & scored with .04 seconds left on the clock. The game was close the entire time, & LaVergne played them tough in their home gym, even with the questionable officiating.

LaVergne's starting roster ( 1 SR/4 sophomores/sometimes a freshmen) is very young also, so I think we qualify as part of this 9AAA future. I think MJ & Smyrna probably have the oldest starting rosters, but also appear to have a very talented sophomore class. I'm looking forward to next few years, it's going to be some good battles in this district.

I think from the boxscore that Wilson Central and Beech went into overtime, but it was early in the morning and my eyes are getting worse. What I was saying in my previous post was that Hendersonville has some really, really good talent, with size in their underclassmen. Not to be outdone, Mt. Juliet also has outstanding talent coming up from the middle school ranks as well as Chelsea Brown, Britt Bell and Carissa Peterson who are sophomores. Over the next few years with all of district 9 AAA getting better, the other regions in the state may be taking a back seat. This will prove to be the state title winners district for a while in my humble opinion.