BCB

BigRedBlooded

BCB,

Please do accept my apologies on my radio silence thus far. I??™ve had various conflicts and concerns that kept me delayed. Springsteen??™s on tour, so naturally, being the wealthy jetsetter I am, I had to trail him around Europe for a while. There??™s the despondency over the passing of the late, great, Harry Thornton. When you lose one like him, you can??™t help but go through a period when you wonder for a while if it??™s worth it anymore. And then a big one is that I wondered if I actually had the stamina to keep up with you old warhorses starting this early in the season. I don??™t think I really started posting last year until after Christmas. You recently sailed past 500 posts, Walkenvol is poised to hit 1,000 this week (and let me be the first to offer congratulations), RCB??™s up around 1,300, and let??™s don??™t even talk about people like Rigger. I??™m not in that league and I know it. You know it??™s all about February, BCB, and I was hesitant of my ability to properly pace myself.

Mostly, though, I thought I should wait until you recovered. A week ago you woke up on a beautiful Sunday morning and traded in your communion crackers for a peyote pipe and announced to our Father Ryan friends that Baylor would, let??™s see??¦ oh yes??”???kick everyone??™s butt??? this year in Division II. This was at least the second such provocation of our friends to the west in this young season. While first instincts are to thank you for your support, upon reflection it seems clear that you have turned on your red and grey brethren and sisteren, spouting silliness designed to pique the purple and peak the provocation of this powerful, already hungry opposition.

The unsung heroes of Father Ryan matches this year will be the referees, who will risk structural damage to their hands from slapping the mat so often. Goodrum??¦ BAM! Mix??¦ BAM! Marchetti??¦ BAM! Miller??¦ BAM! Herrmann??¦ BAM! It??™ll be like watching Emeril put together an especially spicy gumbo. They lost to Cleveland at Cleveland by five without a defending state champion and a defending state runner-up in the lineup. Now compare that to Baylor. You know what we lost to graduation, BCB. No one can replace all that. The average age in Baylor??™s wrestling room is now about five. It went from War Room to Romper Room overnight, and between naps and snacktime and story hour, Jim and Schaack hardly have time to actually teach moves. And even when they do??¦ well, let??™s just say they learned the hard way that they encourage ???Whizzers??? to these kids at their own risk.

So, anyway, any talk of Baylor posing any challenge to the seasoned purple matsmen of Nashville is wildly premature. Not to mention the Brothers of the Far West, who might be even better than Father Ryan. That said, don??™t cry for us Arch and Tina. These Pippi Longstockings already have some game, and the fact that one 8th grader, four 9th graders, and four 10th graders will start for some or all of this year bodes well for the future, which looks as if it could again wear those pretty red pants.

Oh, and speaking of badly bruised hands, I slid by Baylor last week to see them take on RMC and his merry band of Olympians (who were graciously gentle with the younguns??”thanks RMC) and was happy to see Dan Waddell there. Have you bumped into him recently while on a neighborhood stroll, BCB? He doesn??™t look particularly different in street clothes, but when he came over to say hi, I patted him on the shoulder and drew back a hand that I thought might need a cast. I don??™t know what Bono has those guys doing over there at UTC, but it ain??™t doing needlework and eating bon-bons.

Put the pipe down my friend,

BRB

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BCB,

Please do accept my apologies on my radio silence thus far. I??™ve had various conflicts and concerns that kept me delayed. Springsteen??™s on tour, so naturally, being the wealthy jetsetter I am, I had to trail him around Europe for a while. There??™s the despondency over the passing of the late, great, Harry Thornton. When you lose one like him, you can??™t help but go through a period when you wonder for a while if it??™s worth it anymore. And then a big one is that I wondered if I actually had the stamina to keep up with you old warhorses starting this early in the season. I don??™t think I really started posting last year until after Christmas. You recently sailed past 500 posts, Walkenvol is poised to hit 1,000 this week (and let me be the first to offer congratulations), RCB??™s up around 1,300, and let??™s don??™t even talk about people like Rigger. I??™m not in that league and I know it. You know it??™s all about February, BCB, and I was hesitant of my ability to properly pace myself.

Mostly, though, I thought I should wait until you recovered. A week ago you woke up on a beautiful Sunday morning and traded in your communion crackers for a peyote pipe and announced to our Father Ryan friends that Baylor would, let??™s see??¦ oh yes??”???kick everyone??™s butt??? this year in Division II. This was at least the second such provocation of our friends to the west in this young season. While first instincts are to thank you for your support, upon reflection it seems clear that you have turned on your red and grey brethren and sisteren, spouting silliness designed to pique the purple and peak the provocation of this powerful, already hungry opposition.

The unsung heroes of Father Ryan matches this year will be the referees, who will risk structural damage to their hands from slapping the mat so often. Goodrum??¦ BAM! Mix??¦ BAM! Marchetti??¦ BAM! Miller??¦ BAM! Herrmann??¦ BAM! It??™ll be like watching Emeril put together an especially spicy gumbo. They lost to Cleveland at Cleveland by five without a defending state champion and a defending state runner-up in the lineup. Now compare that to Baylor. You know what we lost to graduation, BCB. No one can replace all that. The average age in Baylor??™s wrestling room is now about five. It went from War Room to Romper Room overnight, and between naps and snacktime and story hour, Jim and Schaack hardly have time to actually teach moves. And even when they do??¦ well, let??™s just say they learned the hard way that they encourage ???Whizzers??? to these kids at their own risk.

So, anyway, any talk of Baylor posing any challenge to the seasoned purple matsmen of Nashville is wildly premature. Not to mention the Brothers of the Far West, who might be even better than Father Ryan. That said, don??™t cry for us Arch and Tina. These Pippi Longstockings already have some game, and the fact that one 8th grader, four 9th graders, and four 10th graders will start for some or all of this year bodes well for the future, which looks as if it just might wear those pretty red pants.

Oh, and speaking of badly bruised hands, I slid by Baylor last week to see them take on RMC and his merry band of Olympians (who were graciously gentle with the younguns??”thanks RMC) and was happy to see Dan Waddell there. Have you bumped into him recently while on a neighborhood stroll, BCB? He doesn??™t look particularly different in street clothes, but when he came over to say hi, I patted him on the shoulder and drew back a hand that I thought might need a cast. I don??™t know what Bono has those guys doing over there at UTC, but it ain??™t doing needlework and eating bon-bons.

Put the pipe down my friend,

BRB

Trouble maker?? Your only the 2nd person that has given that description of me. The other was a fellow employee of yours. I'm not sure that he would want to be mentioned on this board so I'll refer to him as Hadwell Cuckabay. He says that in a past life that I would have been the man stirring the the big pot over the open flame.

You see BRB, this board lacks a certain intelligence level that you and Mr Buck bring to the table. We write things in black and white while you guys pull out the jumbo carton of crayons and draw a picture that leaves us smiling. That is why I called you out and called your home. Glad your back.

But make no mistake, I calls thems the ways I sees thems. The Purple Irish your friends?? Ha. Don' pee on my hush puppies and tell me its raining. First off, it's not nice and second it does not become you. Step up and proclaim to the boys in the purple uniforms that "this again will not be the year". It is true that The Baylor School for Boys and Girls are young, but look at the great success Amber Lynn had at an early age. So let your youth be no excuse, heck if The Irish had a 1.2 million dollar budget for wrestling, I too would tell everyone how great we are.

As for my late friend great Harry Thornton. He like his favorite beverage has been put on ice. Someday, hopefully soon, I will see his words for I can not fight the fight by myself.

Pace yourself BRB, ( 4 times a week will do ) for it will be a long season.

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

This isn't Raider76 is it

Thanks for breaking your silence, Blooded, and I share your views of F. Ryan and the Brothers of Memphis. Ryan's off to a slow start with a shellacking at Mater Dei and a loss to Cleveland, but it is stacked and will be a force to be reckoned with in a few weeks after its lineup shakes out. The Brothers showed this weekend that they can wrestle.

By the way, Bailey High went down to Parkview yesterday for a 6-way dual meet. The team, as well as the 8th grader, a 9th grader, a 10th grader and a senior from the squad, went 5-0 for the day.

Okay........you guys are really going to question what's left of my sanity. I side with BCB iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Just from what I've seen:

Collins Hill.....by the skin of their teeth over Baylor. Could have gone either way. We snuck away with one Friday....stole one.

Collins Hill 51 - Father Ryan 10.

Anyone that wants to donate to the RMC Memorial Scholarship Fund to get Father Ryan and Baylor in the same pool at the Kyle Maynard Duals see my fund manager Raider76.

(Legal Disclaimer.......I actually have no pull at Collins Hill just one of the team Moms. I think Coach Ramos thinks of me probably like most coaches think of BCB iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> )

Trouble maker?? Your only the 2nd person that has given that description of me. The other was a fellow employee of yours.

#3 - Mrs. Walkenvol

#4 - Mrs. Raider 76

#5 - Saucy, long and lean

#6 - Mrs. Harry Thorton

#7 - Mrs. Coach J

#8 - Hardcore

#9 - pipe job or whatever his name was from last year

#10 - all of Bradley county last year

#11 .....not enough time to finish this list today, I've got to get back to work.

#3 - Mrs. Walkenvol

#4 - Mrs. Raider 76

#5 - Saucy, long and lean

#6 - Mrs. Harry Thorton

#7 - Mrs. Coach J

#8 - Hardcore

#9 - pipe job or whatever his name was from last year

#10 - all of Bradley county last year

#11 .....not enough time to finish this list today, I've got to get back to work.

11. Keefjams

12. Stovepipe

13. Bayou Bear

14. babybearmom

15. Soms

16. cbq

17. The Purple Irish Nation

18. Ronnie Carter

18. .......not enough time to finish this list today, I've got to go eat dinner.

11. Keefjams

12. Stovepipe

13. Bayou Bear

14. babybearmom

15. Soms

16. cbq

17. The Purple Irish Nation

18. Ronnie Carter

18. .......not enough time to finish this list today, I've got to go eat dinner.

19. everyone who is trying to watch a match at the state individual tourney while he runs back and forth to the concession

20.The people at meeting he hustles with his billard cue

21. all the pre schoolers whose marbles he take while posing as a crossing guard

22. The American Film Institute

23. ...... not enough time to finish list today, have to help my kids with their homework so they can grow up smarter than me and waste time on coacht.

Now I'm sure that this number is not correct.

I don't think BRB intended this post to go in this direction. If I may I would like to address each one mention and give an explanation on why they may have said something, that might be mis- con- srewed.

3. mrs walkinvol-- She somehow does not realize WV still post and maybe I said something to her one night . I believe that V.A. has also given her some bad info on bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

4. mrs raider76-- just because I whipped her a** people think, she thinks, I'm a troublemaker

5. 5sassylongandlean-- this one may be true

6. mrs harry thorton -- I'm sure that I was the reason Harry use to stay out late and come home with pepsi on his breath

7 Mrs coachJ -- I think I introduced them

8.Hardcore-- Guilty

9. sissypipe-- Guilty

10. All of Bradley Co. Well I know this one is false cause my Aunt and Uncle live there.

11 keefejams-- Guilty

12. Bayou Bear--Never. He tells me that I'm the reason he reads Coacht, plus I use to helped Justin with his english and spelling assignments

13. Baby bearmom-- can't blame all that on me

14. Soms-- he needs to be put on WV list

15. cbq-- don't think we've butted heads before

16. The Purple Irish Nation-- not true, David Anderson who use to wrestle for THE REAL IRISH likes me and would never say that

17. Ronnie Carter-- WHO ????

18. fans watching the matches-- people don't realize that I suffer from a rare disease called "imanervoussobwhocantsitstillfor5minutes" now I'm sure we can cross these people off

19. Ijtx-- just glad he thinks winning 1 out of 7 games is competitive

20. preschoolers-- poor losers, that need to learn the hard facts of life

21. American Film Institute -- Sent in some of my new late-nite filming and have yet to hear back from them

22 The Fab 3-- Probably, but since we are down to 1 team mom they keep it to themselves

23. Perry Story--checks in the mail

24. Mrs Herm-- Never would the talented and I do mean talented (wink wink)Mrs herm ever say a negative thing about bcb iii. Just kidding herm, have no clue if she has talent or not.

So I think that has dwindled the # down. I just wish the late great Harry Thornton was still with us, he'd set ya'll straight.

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

4. mrs raider76-- just because I whip her a** people think, she thinks I'm a troublemaker

I don't think you can

22 The Fab 3-- Probably, but since we are down to 1 team mom they keep it to themselves

23. Perry Story--checks in the mail

24. Mrs Herm-- Never would the talented and I do mean talented (wink wink)Mrs herm ever say a negative thing about bcb iii. Just kidding herm, have no clue if she has talent or not.

Fair enough, four out of five ain't bad. And, Mrs. Herm does have talents - far too numerous to mention....She still uses the term precious when referring to you. I'm not sure what that means.

Fair enough, four out of five ain't bad. And, Mrs. Herm does have talents - far too numerous to mention....She still uses the term precious when referring to you. I'm not sure what that means.

I can remember it like it was yesterday--( fade to ND back in 1975)

There I was walking the hallways with my big fro astounded be the *NEW SCENERY* when out of no where pops this long legged good looking Soph.She started the conversation by asking me my name, "well I'm BCB III /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> ,what's yours"

After some small talk she took me under her large ample..... an became an adviser on the way of life at ND.Something that I was very grateful for.

Don't remember the word Precious, seems like all I can recall was Coach Phifer telling me that stalking was prohibited at ND.