LORETTO AT HICKMAN COUNTY

mustangsbball

Well, Hickman Co. is very tough in their gym with their fans basically standing on the floor. HC will shoot very well, but I do not know what they have in the post area. As long as Wright doesn't get frustrated with HCs very aggressive and physical defense Loretto should be okay, but I thought that Loretto would whoop East and boy was I wrong. But, I think I will take HC by 5, probably in OT, HC usually comes out cold, but as the game goes on they will find their touch.

I think that Loretto is way over due to just come out on fire. Their shooting has really struggled the last few games. I think that if they are shooting well they could contend with anybody. I think that if they stay in transition most of the game it really works to their advantage also. They are not a very deep team off the bench but they are in great shape. They can run the floor with seven players and run with teams subing five at a time. Like I said they just had a terrible night against East Hickman and on the other side, East played a heck of a game. I don't want to take anything away from them. They played very well. But I think that the Loss will Open Loretto's eyes and they will come out very motivated and ready to play at Hickman.

I'm putting the "Statement Game" tag on this one for Loretto. If they win it could give them the chance for at least a four seed later on.

With that said, still going HC by double digits. They slowed C. Holt(not Coach Holt's boy) down, don't see Clint Wright getting much going either. It depends on him and what he gets done.

Sure, Loretto lost bye five. The game come down to the last minute but if loretto would have hit free throws they would have won it. They missed 14 free throws. The leading scores for the mustangs were Colin Stout with 21, he had an awesome game, and Clint Wright with 20, including three trays. Zack McDonald had a big night adding 15 with four trays. I think that Loretto showed some hope against Hickman. But as I said It all came down to the free throws.