Smyrna vs Maryville

JDC

smyrna is not even the best team in their region. the won the state championship, FACT. i definately wouldnt count them out against maryville either, cause a passing attack like theirs is a rarity in high school ball. few know how to defend it.some smyrna fans will be mad at this comment, but theres no need to be, its an opinion. you won state and thats really all that matters right? 3 different teams proved you werent invincable and can be beat 3 different ways:lebanon - kept the ball out of your handsbrentwood academy - took you out of your element (sonny getting hurt)riverdale - didnt do either, just flat out beat you. we even saw the dominant passing game

I guess Wilson Central proved who really was invincible... NOT RIVERDALELast two years in the play offs SMYRNA 10-0 INVINCIBLE two rings while Riverdale watches on t.v

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Smyrna ranked in the top 10 nationally by ESPN? I know Smyrna is a really great team, but they're not that great

If you think the ESPN or USA Today rankings determine which team is better and which team is the best in the country, you are ignorant or naiive. They don't play against the same teams, so you can't say that their winning streak and 4 consecutive championships mean they are better than Smyrna. I take nothing away from Maryville. They've dominated like few schools have ever dominated high school football in Tennessee in any division. The reason they are ranked in those national polls is only due to the 60 game winning streak. If they had lost one regular season game, but still won the state championship, they would still be a great team and great program, but they wouldn't be in the top 10.

smyrna is not even the best team in their region. the won the state championship, FACT. i definately wouldnt count them out against maryville either, cause a passing attack like theirs is a rarity in high school ball. few know how to defend it.

some smyrna fans will be mad at this comment, but theres no need to be, its an opinion. you won state and thats really all that matters right?

3 different teams proved you werent invincable and can be beat 3 different ways:

lebanon - kept the ball out of your hands

brentwood academy - took you out of your element (sonny getting hurt)

riverdale - didnt do either, just flat out beat you. we even saw the dominant passing game

I'll trade State Championships for Region Titles any day. Oh, and your comment didn't make me mad at all.

smyrna is not even the best team in their region. the won the state championship, FACT. i definately wouldnt count them out against maryville either, cause a passing attack like theirs is a rarity in high school ball. few know how to defend it.

some smyrna fans will be mad at this comment, but theres no need to be, its an opinion. you won state and thats really all that matters right?

3 different teams proved you werent invincable and can be beat 3 different ways:

lebanon - kept the ball out of your hands

brentwood academy - took you out of your element (sonny getting hurt)

riverdale - didnt do either, just flat out beat you. we even saw the dominant passing game

Your just upset because you watched the game at home stuffing your face with popcorn I hate sore losers

That is why Riverdale beat Smyrna the last two years. Lets see how many play off wins Riverdale has and compare it to how many Smyrna has.

ok lets compare the last two seasons and how riverdale just can't seem to win when it counts. Yes they beat us 49-0 last year guess who won state? This year riverdale beat us again. Guess who won state again? All riverdale cares about is their most wins in a row and home wins and region titles. Well guess what riverdale can take those region titles and hide em because the team they beat every year has two gold balls.

Riverdale played horrible against wilson central and smryna won it no doubting that but its like cards, 4 of a kind always beats a pair /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Ha all I'm saying is Riverdale wins alot of games but the past two years they haven't won the ones that counted. Yes riverdale has some championships in the past but we live in the present where Smyrna has won the last two 5a titles.