Smyrna vs Maryville

JDC

This makes about as much sense as if I say Smyrna will have a hard time playing in the eastern time zone.

This brings up my next point which doesn't have anything to do with anything except I am curious.

What is the farthest east Smyrna has ever played a game and west also. The reason I ask is, the concentration of 5A teams is much higher in the middle TN area.

Historically, looking at MHS' all time schedule we have played as far east as you can go @ Mountain City. It is hard to say about west. MHS has played Dyersburg during the regular season in the '70's, but I don't know if that was at home or away. I can only be sure as far west as Vandy.

Happy Holidays

I think over time you're going to see more 5A teams in east Tennessee, as that seems to be one of the new migration spots. I know that a lot of people in south Florida are retiring to the areas between Knoxville and thr tri-cities, and the I-75 corridor from Chattanooga to Knoxville. And I'm sure the locals are utterly delighted about their arrival.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry that will never know, but I know for a fact that Smyrna is #1 and if they would've played MBA and Maryville in the play-offs for a Tournament of the #1 teams, Smyrna would win it all.

I think I sprained something in my brain on this one. You concede that we'll never know the outcome, and then, with only a pathetic little comma to separate the two ideas, you say that you know for a fact that Smyrna would beat Maryville and MBA? That's painful, even for the standards of threads about hypothetical match-ups.

I think over time you're going to see more 5A teams in east Tennessee, as that seems to be one of the new migration spots. I know that a lot of people in south Florida are retiring to the areas between Knoxville and thr tri-cities, and the I-75 corridor from Chattanooga to Knoxville. And I'm sure the locals are utterly delighted about their arrival.

As a native Maryvillian/Blount Countian I can tell you it has already started. Before you know it there will be people from other places moving in and telling us not to wave flags at home football games. Oh wait, that has already happened. Now if they move in and they can play some football then that is a different story. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

As a native Maryvillian/Blount Countian I can tell you it has already started. Before you know it there will be people from other places moving in and telling us not to wave flags at home football games. Oh wait, that has already happened. Now if they move in and they can play some football then that is a different story. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

You'll get very little of that, I'm afraid. Most of them are retirees (although a lot are retired police officers and firefighters). Worse still, a lot of them are from New York, so you'll forever be hearing about how it's done there, and everything is better in New York (begging the question, "Why did you leave there?"). You may be able to stem the invasion by banning the establishment of "early bird dinners" and declaring a moratorium on the opening of bagel restaurants. Good luck with all that!