Pickett Co. @ Clay Co.

7asuperfan

So you knew that Pickett County was going to lose as soon as you saw that Case was an official? That is one of the most ignorant comments I have ever read. Case is one of the better officials in the area and he is not out to hurt Pickett County. In fact, I would guess that more fouls were called on LA in the game than on Pickett. And Capps playing would not have affected the outcome of the game. He's a good player, but he doesn't impact games that way you make him out to. Again, I can't argue about how athletic White County is because I haven't seen them. I'll take your word for it. But we beat you a lot worse than White County did. Don't forget that. Wright is a very good player, but he is not in Dunn's league. Dunn gets his points against much better competition. He is able to create his own shot better than Wright and is also a better passer. Dunn does a better job of getting his teammates involved. You swap Dunn and Wright and Pickett wins the game against Clay County.

Jacob is in Dunn's league. If Jacob played AAU as Dunn does, he would be getting as much interest as Dunn is, but Jacob cares more about PC basketball than he does himself. Thats why when I have to go to a basketball war, I want Jacob instead of Dunn.Look at the ppg average, Jacob is better. Jacob gets his teammates involved, If he passes them the ball to them and they don't pull the trigger, thats not his fault. Jacob is taller, that matters. If Dunn would have been as cold as Jacob was the other night at Celina, we would still have lost. The better competition, we are a single A team with 200 students, we play single A competition. Your double a, you play double a teams that are going to be better than most single a teams. As for creating their own shot, I think they are even, Jacob is a better passer. As for the White Co. game, it was closer because their best player didn't play, and I don't think they had a good night that night. White Co. beats LA by 15. They are the best team in the upper-cumberland, without a doubt, and those WC fans will agree with me. As for Case, I used to think he was a fine official, but when him and Bibb got into an altercation after the game at JC last season, he has had it out for us ever since.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jacob is in Dunn's league. If Jacob played AAU as Dunn does, he would be getting as much interest as Dunn is, but Jacob cares more about PC basketball than he does himself. Thats why when I have to go to a basketball war, I want Jacob instead of Dunn.Look at the ppg average, Jacob is better. Jacob gets his teammates involved, If he passes them the ball to them and they don't pull the trigger, thats not his fault. Jacob is taller, that matters. If Dunn would have been as cold as Jacob was the other night at Celina, we would still have lost. The better competition, we are a single A team with 200 students, we play single A competition. Your double a, you play double a teams that are going to be better than most single a teams. As for creating their own shot, I think they are even, Jacob is a better passer. As for the White Co. game, it was closer because their best player didn't play, and I don't think they had a good night that night. White Co. beats LA by 15. They are the best team in the upper-cumberland, without a doubt, and those WC fans will agree with me. As for Case, I used to think he was a fine official, but when him and Bibb got into an altercation after the game at JC last season, he has had it out for us ever since.

WOW! That is the first time I have ever seen anyone question Dunn's heart. I've heard some negative things said about him but no one has ever said he didn't care as much for his team. He is definitely a better option than Wright if you were going to a so-called "basketball war." What is that anyway? You missed my point about Dunn playing for Pickett instead of Wright. Dunn would not have been that cold. He never shoots the ball that poorly. And that's because he is the hardest worker I have seen at LA in a long time. I would argue that he actually cares more for his team with the AAU thing. He plays against the best players in the country and this makes him a better player which benefits his high school team. Call Wright a better player if you want, but don't say that he wants it more than Dunn. Dunn would be averaging over 30 points a game if he was on Pickett's team playing against single A teams. He is the better player, and he is younger than Wright. I have seen both play many times over the years and I'll take Dunn over Wright. That is not a knock on Wright because he is a very good high school player, but he is not in Dunn's league.

I didn't realize Case and Bibb got into an alteration last year. Please tell me more about this. I can't believe I haven't heard about this before now.

WOW! That is the first time I have ever seen anyone question Dunn's heart. I've heard some negative things said about him but no one has ever said he didn't care as much for his team. He is definitely a better option than Wright if you were going to a so-called "basketball war." What is that anyway? You missed my point about Dunn playing for Pickett instead of Wright. Dunn would not have been that cold. He never shoots the ball that poorly. And that's because he is the hardest worker I have seen at LA in a long time. I would argue that he actually cares more for his team with the AAU thing. He plays against the best players in the country and this makes him a better player which benefits his high school team. Call Wright a better player if you want, but don't say that he wants it more than Dunn. Dunn would be averaging over 30 points a game if he was on Pickett's team playing against single A teams. He is the better player, and he is younger than Wright. I have seen both play many times over the years and I'll take Dunn over Wright. That is not a knock on Wright because he is a very good high school player, but he is not in Dunn's league.

I didn't realize Case and Bibb got into an alteration last year. Please tell me more about this. I can't believe I haven't heard about this before now.

Well I didn't get a first hand account out on this, but one of the players on last years team said they got into a shouting match after the game in a room down one of the halls to the locker room. This person said that both were yelling and the assitant coach for PC had to pull Bibb out of there. Don't know how much truth their is to this, but a player on that team told me this. As for Dunn's heart, I'm not questioning it, the kid can play some serious ball, earlier I was just talking about Jacob in that reguard. I don't know Dunn well enough to make that acessment on him. He is a good player, I don't think either one of us will be hurting to bad with either of the players we choose. And as far as Dunn never being that cold.....neither had Jacob until the other night.....it happens to every player once in their career. Even the great Joseph Amonett had his off nights.