Lebanon vs. Warren Co.

sportsfan12

I agree why are we tryin to kill the coach. Brothers quit at different ages of their career? That just is not right. Parents have to step up and say start what you finish. WC has fine coaches in all sports its time for these students athletes to take pride in wearing a high school jersey. Run them all off, if they quit they dont want to be there anyways. Coaches run the programs not the players and parents. Eades, Madewell, and Smith keep your head up people here always want to complain about something. Weed out the quitters and whiners and the programs will be headed in the right direction.

weeklystatus, I don't think it is all the atheletes fault. I think it's a combination. Sure there are some whiners and a few quitters. I think coaches need support and respect, but they need to earn it also. Madewell is making progress and is a fine man who the players respect and play hard for. I don't know Eades and Smith that well. I think Eades is having a better year this year. My question is, what has happened to the boys basketball team? Last night they lost by 20 to Coffee Co. This was Coffee Co. first win of the year. Warren Co. is ranked 101 in AAA and Coffee Co. is ranked 110. Warren Co. hasn't won a district game in three years. As I have stated before, the AD or Principal needs to step in and figure out what's going on. I think if Ryan Daniels was a whiner or a quitter, he would have quit sometime during his football years during the 100 degree two a days, weight training, conditioning and the many losses and I can tell you the football coaches are pretty tough on their players.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree why are we tryin to kill the coach. Brothers quit at different ages of their career? That just is not right. Parents have to step up and say start what you finish. WC has fine coaches in all sports its time for these students athletes to take pride in wearing a high school jersey. Run them all off, if they quit they dont want to be there anyways. Coaches run the programs not the players and parents. Eades, Madewell, and Smith keep your head up people here always want to complain about something. Weed out the quitters and whiners and the programs will be headed in the right direction.

You have made me laugh so hard I fell out of my seat. YOU apparently don't know the Daniels kids or these coaches. You also couldn't have watched a boys basketball game. If you think WC has some fine coaches then you need to get out more! They are a joke in EVERY sport out there. Nothing will change regardless of your so called "Whiners and quitters" until WC cleans house in EVERY sport. There is talent in all the sports programs at WC yet year after year they underachieve why do you think that is?? Becuase they are whiners or quitters come on....really you need to get a clue. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You have made me laugh so hard I fell out of my seat. YOU apparently don't know the Daniels kids or these coaches. You also couldn't have watched a boys basketball game. If you think WC has some fine coaches then you need to get out more! They are a joke in EVERY sport out there. Nothing will change regardless of your so called "Whiners and quitters" until WC cleans house in EVERY sport. There is talent in all the sports programs at WC yet year after year they underachieve why do you think that is?? Becuase they are whiners or quitters come on....really you need to get a clue. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yeah sportsfan12, you go! Like I said, if Ryan Daniels was a quitter he would have quit during football. I think some coaches like to blame failure on the atheletes instead of looking in the mirror. I have to disagree with you about every sport though.

You have just made me laugh. Ive seen a few basketbll games this year and i have seen the kid play football. He is tough,aggressive, and plays hard all the time. But that doesnt make him talented. Im not knocking the kid at all. Talent? Exactly what do you mean by talent? Good high school athletes dont underachieve they play to the best of their ability. Thats what we have at WC. Real Talent is in the boro schools. Thats talent. Guys going D1 or any college levl all the time. Not every once in a blue moon. If warren county is so full of talent where are they at? Example if you are talented some college coach is going to find you. Paz is at Tech. He won 4 games in his high school football career with coach that we have now. I dont care how bad a coach is if a player is talented he will find a place to play in college. I guess the talent im lookin for is the different from the talent you see. You or your son must be the one on the end of the bench or a jaycee all star. There is only 2 kids off that whole team that can sniff any college court. One happens to be 6"7 and the other is a good athlete the Weir kid. So tell me where are the talented kids in any sport.

I don't find this amusing at all. I know ya'll are talking about each others comments, but still this is a serious matter. In my opinion talent is; natrual ability, basic skills, good work ethic and the ability to perform what is being taught. I'll take tough, aggresive and hard working kids anyday along with a couple of kids who have the potential to play at the next level and go at least .500 and it wouldn't matter if they were playing the mighty "Boro" teams or not. I am so sick and tired of people saying we don't have atheletes around here and that they are a bunch of whinners and quitters. I am not saying we should fire coaches and all that crap. I'm saying we should find out what the problem is and do our best to correct it. If we have to let some go, than so be it.

You have just made me laugh. Ive seen a few basketbll games this year and i have seen the kid play football. He is tough,aggressive, and plays hard all the time. But that doesnt make him talented. Im not knocking the kid at all. Talent? Exactly what do you mean by talent? Good high school athletes dont underachieve they play to the best of their ability. Thats what we have at WC. Real Talent is in the boro schools. Thats talent. Guys going D1 or any college levl all the time. Not every once in a blue moon. If warren county is so full of talent where are they at? Example if you are talented some college coach is going to find you. Paz is at Tech. He won 4 games in his high school football career with coach that we have now. I dont care how bad a coach is if a player is talented he will find a place to play in college. I guess the talent im lookin for is the different from the talent you see. You or your son must be the one on the end of the bench or a jaycee all star. There is only 2 kids off that whole team that can sniff any college court. One happens to be 6"7 and the other is a good athlete the Weir kid. So tell me where are the talented kids in any sport.

Let me say first of all you are WAY WAY off about sitting the bench and the jaycee star! I agree with you that there is real talent in boro schools, but WC is one of the largest high schools in the state yet they can't compete? I can't believe that in the entire school system there is no talent maybe its just no one likes to play on a losing team I don't know. I also think like Nitro said some of these coaches need to take a look in the mirror. Don't you think that if WC had the kind of coaches the boro had things would be different? The only problem with that is WC couldn't actually get a decent coach with the records WC carries? There may not be the talent in WC like in boro but I think the talent is better than what the records shows. So are you saying that none of the sports programs have any talent that is why they can't compete?

Let me say first of all you are WAY WAY off about sitting the bench and the jaycee star! I agree with you that there is real talent in boro schools, but WC is one of the largest high schools in the state yet they can't compete? I can't believe that in the entire school system there is no talent maybe its just no one likes to play on a losing team I don't know. I also think like Nitro said some of these coaches need to take a look in the mirror. Don't you think that if WC had the kind of coaches the boro had things would be different? The only problem with that is WC couldn't actually get a decent coach with the records WC carries? There may not be the talent in WC like in boro but I think the talent is better than what the records shows. So are you saying that none of the sports programs have any talent that is why they can't compete?

I dont agree with the boro coaches coming here things would be different. I think if Smith or whichever WC coach had those players here in WC, i honestly think our records would be better. Im really not sure if we have a lot of talent in our basketball program anyways. I see alot of slow spot shooters. You cant win in AAA with just that.Thats so easy to defend. All you have to do is make them put the ball on the floor and disrupt them. Thats what teams do against us. You are the one that said we cant compete in any sport. I beg to differ. Football has come along way and seems to be on the rise. Baseball is consistent and competitive almost every year. You need great athletes to win consistently in basketball. The most talented athletes in the world are basketball players. Football we had a few skill players thats why we are on our way up. There are not many guys that are better athletes than Rich, Officer, Dunn, Harris and Mullican to name a few.Baseball you dont need great athletes to win day in day out. We compete. I just dont think we have the great talent pool thats playing to win consistenty in basketball or footall

I dont agree with the boro coaches coming here things would be different. I think if Smith or whichever WC coach had those players here in WC, i honestly think our records would be better. Im really not sure if we have a lot of talent in our basketball program anyways. I see alot of slow spot shooters. You cant win in AAA with just that.Thats so easy to defend. All you have to do is make them put the ball on the floor and disrupt them. Thats what teams do against us. You are the one that said we cant compete in any sport. I beg to differ. Football has come along way and seems to be on the rise. Baseball is consistent and competitive almost every year. You need great athletes to win consistently in basketball. The most talented athletes in the world are basketball players. Football we had a few skill players thats why we are on our way up. There are not many guys that are better athletes than Rich, Officer, Dunn, Harris and Mullican to name a few.Baseball you dont need great athletes to win day in day out. We compete. I just dont think we have the great talent pool thats playing to win consistenty in basketball or footall

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. But I have to tell you I saw almost every football game and was not impressed with the mullican kid as a QB at all!