District 3AAA

Know Nothing

Powell and Oak Ridge are now both 4-0 in district play. Oak Ridge and Powell both had convincing road wins on Friday night. These two teams play at Powell on January 11. There is a decent chance that these two teams will have one combined loss going into that game. I certainly don't see Oak Ridge losing between now and then. Powell's road ahead is fairly easy also.

Outside of these teams, I think Karns is clearly the third best team. Clinton, Halls, Campbell County and Central all have a district win, but all have problems. Of these four teams, maybe Halls has the best chance to finish fourth because Cooper and Zabowski will make them competitive with any other district team in the post. Halls' guards are young and green though. West is the only team without a district win.

Powell and Oak Ridge are now both 4-0 in district play. Oak Ridge and Powell both had convincing road wins on Friday night. These two teams play at Powell on January 11. There is a decent chance that these two teams will have one combined loss going into that game. I certainly don't see Oak Ridge losing between now and then. Powell's road ahead is fairly easy also.

Outside of these teams, I think Karns is clearly the third best team. Clinton, Halls, Campbell County and Central all have a district win, but all have problems. Of these four teams, maybe Halls has the best chance to finish fourth because Cooper and Zabowski will make them competitive with any other district team in the post. Halls' guards are young and green though. West is the only team without a district win.

O.R. and Powell are clearly the best in the district. O.R. most likely being the best. After the top two I will agree Halls and Karns would be next but a distant 3 and 4. After that you have the rest of the field. West got there first District win Friday vs. Central. C.C is better, West has athletes but coaching is a question mark, Central has better coaching it appears but talent is mediocre at best, Karns is great on offense but defense is sporadic, Halls has two very talented inside outside type players but guard play is questionable, Clinton doesn't seen to have the depth to run and gun like they want to but will be a factor as players mature, Powell in what was suppose to be a rebuilding year are off to a great start with Seymore leading the way. O.R has the most talent but over the last couple of years have managed to stump their toe.

Powell didn't look so hot tonight and escaped with an overtime win over a clearly inferior Bradley Central team. A little birdie told me that Powell got a big transfer from Ohio today.

I also heard that Oak Ridge lost Coffey for the year, at least that was reported in the Oak Ridger. That is actually a pretty big loss for them as he is a good defender and athletic kid. What's the story about Coffey, I am assuming he got hurt like his brother.

Powell didn't look so hot tonight and escaped with an overtime win over a clearly inferior Bradley Central team. A little birdie told me that Powell got a big transfer from Ohio today.

I also heard that Oak Ridge lost Coffey for the year, at least that was reported in the Oak Ridger. That is actually a pretty big loss for them as he is a good defender and athletic kid. What's the story about Coffey, I am assuming he got hurt like his brother.

O.K. MOC30, What"s the scoop in Panther land? If Powell has the good fortune of getting a big man inside they will be harder to handle and could give a big challenge to O.R., Bearden, and Maryville Academy. for the Region title.

According to THE KNOXVILLE NEWS SENTINEL

Bradley Central is now in the Powell district

"Powell remains unbeaten in District 3-AAA"

I am frustrted with the lack of coverage and the miscoverage.

A terrible prep lesstra basketball preview.

*listed 10 biggest games of the year

how many of the 10 will get covered

Maryville/Bearden 2 weeks ago no coverage.

According to THE KNOXVILLE NEWS SENTINEL

Bradley Central is now in the Powell district

"Powell remains unbeaten in District 3-AAA"

I am frustrted with the lack of coverage and the miscoverage.

A terrible prep lesstra basketball preview.

*listed 10 biggest games of the year

how many of the 10 will get covered

Maryville/Bearden 2 weeks ago no coverage.

Sentinel does a terrible job of covering high school basketball. Once football is over the prep x tra staf must go on vacation. No coverage or inaccurate coverage seems to be the m.o. for Smitty and crew.

No one is looking past Clinton. Their lack of depth makes it difficult to play Lockards style of basketball. They could move up to third no doubt. But on the other hand they could fall to 6 th.

I saw where the News-Sentinel did a nice article on Jason Seymore after Powell's big win over Webb. It was also nice to see a great player like Seymore defer the attention and brag about his teammates. It's a shame that many times our high school kids have better heads on their shoulders than the millionaire athletes so many of them idolize.

Way to go, Jason!