Nations best HS Football Team

Ole Dad

Orlando - Miami Northwestern entered its Class 6A championship game against Orlando Boone on Saturday ranked No. 1 in the country.

That won't change.

The Bulls were convincing in nearly every faze of the game in their 41-0 victory at the Citrus Bowl to claim a stake of the mythical national championship.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a quote from the Orlando Sentinel not from Ole Dad. The only thing I know is that the team they beat for the 6A State Championship 41-0 was also undefeated and 14-0 going into the game.

Ole Dad

South Panola High School, Batesville, MS, 5A powerhouse.... 75 consecutive wins, longest football winning streak in the nation at any level. They won the North MS 5A crown last Saturday. In that game last Saturday their starting RB (Tig Barksdale, Ole Miss commit) rushed for 399 yards and, on defense, he took an INT back 74 yards for a TD. He accounted for almost 500 total yards by himself. They went on to destroy their opponent (Olive Branch High School) and won the MS state 5A title last night for the fifth straight year (28-21 over George County). They were featured at halftime of the NFL game on NBC tonight. This is a juggernaut that is currently the best football team in the state of Mississippi on any level and easily the best in America on the High School level. They could easily beat any of the college teams in that state, except maybe Ole Miss or Miss State....maybe.

They currently have 8 starters committed to play D-1 ball and 5 Juniors who are significant contributors, including their starting QB. I think they would easily win the national title. I can assure you that you have never seen anything this good in Tennessee, or anywhere else in High School football.

South Panola High School, Batesville, MS, 5A powerhouse.... 75 consecutive wins, longest football winning streak in the nation at any level. They won the North MS 5A crown last Saturday. In that game last Saturday their starting RB (Tig Barksdale, Ole Miss commit) rushed for 399 yards and, on defense, he took an INT back 74 yards for a TD. He accounted for almost 500 total yards by himself. They went on to destroy their opponent (Olive Branch High School) and won the MS state 5A title last night for the fifth straight year (28-21 over George County). They were featured at halftime of the NFL game on NBC tonight. This is a juggernaut that is currently the best football team in the state of Mississippi on any level and easily the best in America on the High School level. They could easily beat any of the college teams in that state, except maybe Ole Miss or Miss State....maybe.

They currently have 8 starters committed to play D-1 ball and 5 Juniors who are significant contributors, including their starting QB. I think they would easily win the national title. I can assure you that you have never seen anything this good in Tennessee, or anywhere else in High School football.

This tells me all I need to know about your football knowledge. Surely you jest, right?

There is a team from Calif. with 149 consecutive wins and a team from NC with 109.

They're playing in Mississippi for goodness sakes. Send them on down to Florida, there are 10 teams here that would beat them by 30 points and that's only around Miami. Heck, Pahokee would likely crush them and they are 2B in Florida with 500 students in the school.

Ole Dad

Oh,

And just for an example of what I said in my previous post.....the Rival's 2008 Top 100 has 1 kid from Mississippi and 15 from Florida. That should give you a clue about the difference in the amount of quality players and competition from the two states in question. Heck, between Texas, California, Florida about half the top kids come from those states.

Ole Dad

There is a team from Calif. with 149 consecutive wins and a team from NC with 109.

I'm guessing that you are talking about De La Salle in California who had 151 wins I think, and Independence in N.C. who had 109 consecutive wins. Both of these streaks have ended already. The longest current one is South Panola in Mississippi.

this is from prepnation.com

# School Record Note LW

1. Cincinnati, Ohio, St. Xavier 15-0-0 beat nine teams that were nationally or regionally ranked this year 1

2. Miami, Fla., Northwestern 15-0-0 back-to-back 6A titles and undefeated seasons 3

3. Katy, Texas 15-0-0 earned eighth trip to state final since '94 4

4. Prattville, Ala. 15-0-0 repeated as 6A champ 5

5. Concord, Calif., De La Salle 13-0-0 beat No. 11 Centennial for state title 2

6. Batesville, Miss., South Panola 15-0-0 fifth straight 5A crown and 75 consecutive wins 6

7. Pahokee, Fla. 14-0-0 fourth state title in five years 7

8. Miami, Fla., Booker T. Washington 14-0-0 4A champs allowed just five points per game 8

9. Euless, Texas, Trinity 14-1-0 got double-OT win to advance to 5A/I title game 9

10. Duncan, S.C., Byrnes 15-0-0 fifth state title in six years 11

11. Corona, Calif., Centennial 13-2-0 erased 24-point deficit but lost to No. 5 DLS in Div. I final 10

12. Jenks, Okla. 13-1-0 avenged only loss and won 6A crown 12

13. Lake Balboa, Calif., Birmingham 13-1-0 City champ outscored playoff foes by combined 193-19 13

14. Long Beach, Calif., Poly 13-1-0 captured ultra-competitive Pac-5 section crown 14

15. Chantilly, Va., Westfield 15-0-0 first 15-0 team in state history 15

16. Bastrop, La. 15-0-0 won third consecutive 4A title 16

17. Maryville, Tenn. 15-0-0 fourth straight 4A crown and 60 consecutive wins 17

18. Warner Robins, Ga., Northside 15-0-0 back-to-back 4A titles and undefeated seasons 19

19. Fort Lauderdale, Fla., St. Thomas Aquinas 14-1-0 won first state title since '99 NR

20. Pittsburgh, Pa., Central Catholic 16-0-0 blanked then-No. 18 Parkland, 21-0, for 4A crown NR

21. Ramsey, N.J., Don Bosco Prep 12-0-0 back-to-back undefeated, state championship seasons 20

22. Eden Prairie, Minn. 14-0-0 romped to repeat 5A title 21

23. Kansas City, Mo., Rockhurst 13-0-0 won third state crown since 2000 22

24. Louisville, Ky., Trinity 13-2-0 won third straight state title and 18th overall 23

25. Gaithersburg, Md., Quince Orchard 14-0-0 rallied from 16 points down to win 4A title 24

Northeast Region