Bruceton Tigers in "08"

valeB

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have some talent in the backfield with sophomore Chandler Jordan, who maybe taking over in big bother Chad's footsteps or playing several other position other that TB, nobody knows yet. Abe Hanson, junior fullback, Joe Jackson, Sophomore TB look pretty good. The Sophomore class will have to step up if it is to be a successful year. A pretty fair crop of Freshman coming in. Junior class is small as well as the 08 senior class. I believe they may only have 2 or 3 seniors returning with any experience worth mentioning.

Big questions at QB and definitely a lot of work to be done in the line on both sides of the ball.

The QB very well could be a So. or Fr. Only 3 returning starters in the line the best I can count.

You got to look for a rebuilding year when you graduate 15 seniors in a town the size of Bruceton, especially when you have a small Jr class behind you.

Good luck to the young tigers, and we are all pulling for you.

Should have some talent in the backfield with sophomore Chandler Jordan, who maybe taking over in big bother Chad's footsteps or playing several other position other that TB, nobody knows yet. Abe Hanson, junior fullback, Joe Jackson, Sophomore TB look pretty good. The Sophomore class will have to step up if it is to be a successful year. A pretty fair crop of Freshman coming in. Junior class is small as well as the 08 senior class. I believe they may only have 2 or 3 seniors returning with any experience worth mentioning.

Big questions at QB and definitely a lot of work to be done in the line on both sides of the ball.

The QB very well could be a So. or Fr. Only 3 returning starters in the line the best I can count.

You got to look for a rebuilding year when you graduate 15 seniors in a town the size of Bruceton, especially when you have a small Jr class behind you.

Good luck to the young tigers, and we are all pulling for you.

Where would you put them in the region next season with all those young players??...

Where would you put them in the region next season with all those young players??...

I think they should end up no worse than 3rd. They should compete with UC and McK. Everyone lost some important parts last year. Bruceton may have it a little harder with just 2 incoming seniors with any playing time.

I think they should end up no worse than 3rd. They should compete with UC and McK. Everyone lost some important parts last year. Bruceton may have it a little harder with just 2 incoming seniors with any playing time.

It will be interesting with McKenzie and Union City....The Rebels lose alot of important players to graduation...Union City won't look a thing like they have the last couple of years...UC played quite a few sophs and jrs,alot in fact and they will have a very good group of players moving up to varsity from the freshman team...They will have about 20 kids moving up from the freshman team...I also hear that quite a few kids that haven't been playing will return to the team with Darren Bowling the new head coach..The only team with any experience facing UC's new offense will be McKenzie as they played Bowling's former team,Obion Central twice while he was the coach at OC....Gleason lost only 5 kids to graduation and they beat both Bruceton and Union City so you can't forget about them....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Look for Cody Nordon and Phillip Petz to lead the Tigers this year. They are the only 2 seniors returning. Also look for Chandler Jordan and Abe Hamson, 2 very tallented sophomores.

In regards to the placing in the region, I don't want to be negative but I am just being honest:

1. McKenzie

2. Union City

3. Gleason

4. Lake County

5. Greenfield

6. Bruceton

7. South Fulton

8. West Carroll

If they swap to the wide open offense, they may be dead last.

I have heard that they are going to have spring practice in May. Anyone know if that is true?

I have been told that they had decide to move spring pratice to the first two weeks in May. This would give alot of the younger players more time to prepare. This team will be mostly Freshmen and sophmores with only 5 returning Juniors and seniors.

• 2 months later...