Williamson County Invitational

jl292

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my predictions for the first round.

Northeast by 6

Buckhorn by 6

Livingston Academy by 5

Ravenwood by 22

Well i was there for the first three boys games, and first was Harpeth vs. Northeast....

This should have been a 6 point game in favor of Northeast, but Harpeth quit playing in the fourth and ended up losing by 22. Coach Wilson was not pleased with the laziness of Harpeth yet again. It looks like it will be a mediocre ending of the season for harpeth. Northeast is athletic and very fundamental to be such a up and down the floor team. Walker for Northeast will probably end up being the MVP of this tournament, but we will see how they do against Creekside tomorrow.

Next was Hixson vs. Buckhorn. Both teams were middle of the road squads, and Buckhorn really didnt have a go to guy. They were however an athletic bunch, and almost pulled it out. The reason they didnt was because of Hixson's three point shooting, which will be there biggest problem. They live and die by the three and that will eventually knock them out of the tournament and eventually down the road end there season in districts or regions.

The last game I saw might as well have been the championship game in the first round. Livingston Academy vs. Creekside, Creekside was a team that looked like a Liberty Tech bunch from last year. They didnt play like Liberty as they only had one real scoring threat, and he was having an off night. There post really stepped up though and pulled out the victory for them. Livingston Academy is a very good ball team and will make it far in the AA tournament this year. They are very fundamentally sound, and can shoot the ball very well. Chase Dunn is a real stud and can shoot lights out. He carries the ball every time he dribbles it, but he has some good moves. There size is a little suspect, but there posts get it done.

I see Livingston Academy beating Harpeth tomorrow fairly easily, because of the injury to Tyler Caruthers and Kevin Giltner for Harpeth. They are two of the main scorers on the squad, and Kevin Giltner is the leader of the team, somewhat.

I see the Northeast vs. Creekside game being the best of the tournament, because of how well they match up. Both are very athletic and it will be a run n' gun game. I see Creekside pulling it out if they can play the whole game the way they did the last 3 minutes of the LA game. But if they dont then Northeast could pull the upset.

I will give my thoughts tomorrow as well. I will probably end up going to the games.