Claiborne at Union Co. Tuesday night

rSquared

And yet another girl leaves the Claiborne team. How much is the administration gonna let Cook get away with before something is done? I heard today that Tucker left the team, but didn't get any definite details as to exactly what happened to make her quit. That makes 11 girls that are no longer with the team now for one reason or another. That leaves us with what, 8 players still on the team now? Hope we don't get into a whole lot of fowl trouble in the upcoming games. I just wonder if Cook actually sees the damage that she has directly caused, not only to the team, but also to the remaining girls on the team and the girls that have quit. I really don't think that she will take any responsibility for anything that has happened this season. Is she really that arrogant or just clueless to what is happening around her? I truely hope that the administration sees what a mistake it was in hiring her. Do what is right for the team and community and DO NOT RE-HIRE HER!!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet another girl leaves the Claiborne team. How much is the administration gonna let Cook get away with before something is done? I heard today that Tucker left the team, but didn't get any definite details as to exactly what happened to make her quit. That makes 11 girls that are no longer with the team now for one reason or another. That leaves us with what, 8 players still on the team now? Hope we don't get into a whole lot of fowl trouble in the upcoming games. I just wonder if Cook actually sees the damage that she has directly caused, not only to the team, but also to the remaining girls on the team and the girls that have quit. I really don't think that she will take any responsibility for anything that has happened this season. Is she really that arrogant or just clueless to what is happening around her? I truely hope that the administration sees what a mistake it was in hiring her. Do what is right for the team and community and DO NOT RE-HIRE HER!!!!

Yes, another did leave the team, but lets get it straight it had nothing to do with the coach. Once again trying to blaim the coach when it had nothing to do with her. Lets get things correct.

Yes, another did leave the team, but lets get it straight it had nothing to do with the coach. Once again trying to blaim the coach when it had nothing to do with her. Lets get things correct.

First off I want to say congrats to the girls on the win at Rutledge. If Cook had nothing to do with Tucker leaving, that would be the first girl who quit that she wasn't to blame. If you will read my earlier thread closely, I didn't put the blame on anyone, I said that I didn't get any details as to why she quit. Let's not get defensive for no reason. What were the circumstances for Tucker quitting?

The recent loss of a player was a dismissal from the team, not a choice.

but , WOW!!!

Claiborne girls with their third district win!!! -----Victories over Rutledge, Gatlinburg Pittman, and Union County.The team is doing quite well in district play !! ALL of the girls are playing with great defensive intensity, the scoring is spread , and team play is outstanding . The coaches have succeeded in encouraging the girls and bringing out the best in them. Good coaching strategies have been observed . They are executing well and they are playing with a winners mentality ,especially considering where they were with the early season loss of a player. Quitting is a choice with a consequence of losing a season of basketball--so unfortunate for both player and team. Playing through adversity promotes growth and it shows!

Again----WOW!!!Claiborne team---- Great improvements ! Great accomplishments !!! Great job, coaches and players!!!!!!! Keep up the good work! Claiborne fans are behind you and are very proud of you--- !!

The recent loss of a player was a dismissal from the team, not a choice.

but , WOW!!!

Claiborne girls with their third district win!!! -----Victories over Rutledge, Gatlinburg Pittman, and Union County.The team is doing quite well in district play !! ALL of the girls are playing with great defensive intensity, the scoring is spread , and team play is outstanding . The coaches have succeeded in encouraging the girls and bringing out the best in them. Good coaching strategies have been observed . They are executing well and they are playing with a winners mentality ,especially considering where they were with the early season loss of a player. Quitting is a choice with a consequence of losing a season of basketball--so unfortunate for both player and team. Playing through adversity promotes growth and it shows!

Again----WOW!!!Claiborne team---- Great improvements ! Great accomplishments !!! Great job, coaches and players!!!!!!! Keep up the good work! Claiborne fans are behind you and are very proud of you--- !!

The only obvious reasoning left for positive reaction to any of this is the fact that the remaining players,who other than one player ,would have never recieved any or much floor time had these excellent and talented girls left the team..AND YES...THIS IS A COACHING ISSUE..Most of Claibornes players are GONE..and what is left is one player struggling to carry the team,and a scarce win here or there....when in fact with the team that has quit,this would have been a great year..I in one ,would love to see the players who have quit the team play the players who remain on this team,and I could almost guarentee the outcome.I hope that Claiborne does hire a new coach next season,and we can put this year of losses behind us......

The only obvious reasoning left for positive reaction to any of this is the fact that the remaining players,who other than one player ,would have never recieved any or much floor time had these excellent and talented girls left the team..AND YES...THIS IS A COACHING ISSUE..Most of Claibornes players are GONE..and what is left is one player struggling to carry the team,and a scarce win here or there....when in fact with the team that has quit,this would have been a great year..I in one ,would love to see the players who have quit the team play the players who remain on this team,and I could almost guarentee the outcome.I hope that Claiborne does hire a new coach next season,and we can put this year of losses behind us......

well i hate to bust your bubble but you would not have played either if most of the other players hadnt quit!!!!! its not a coach's fault if a playerquits because she has started a few games and didnt start in one or be the first one in off the bench if that happens the player needs to get over it !!

well i hate to bust your bubble but you would not have played either if most of the other players hadnt quit!!!!! its not a coach's fault if a playerquits because she has started a few games and didnt start in one or be the first one in off the bench if that happens the player needs to get over it !!

You only mentioned one of the players that quit, there have been 11 players that either quit the team or just simply didn't even try out this year all because of the current "coaching situation". How are you going to explain that away? You can't, she is a terrible coach and you only have to look at her record over the past 3 years to see that. The facts don't lie. She has proven only that she has the ability to completely destroy programs, not build them. Not only has she destroyed the CHS girls program and its reputation as a winner, she has also destroyed the high school memories of playing ball for several very talented ball players. We can only hope that the administration sees their mistake and doesn't extend her contract next year. And as far as "getting over it", maybe Cook should " get over" the notion that she is a basketball coach because she definitely is not.

Claibornelover ,you are obviously not seeing the full picture of the problem.Almost a whole team has quit this coach,and all are first string players.There is more to a player leaving than just starting one game and not another ,as you say...There were many other issues and circumstances that you may not be aware of..If you are a personal friend of Cooks or just one of the second string players now getting floor time,I understand your acceptance of Cooks limited abilities as a coach.But, as the rest of us have witnessed,and as her stats show,and considering that a first rate team no longer exists,I feel sure that the administration will make changes after this season is over.Playing ball just to play is o.k.,but good basketball is a team being coached by experience ,knowledge,determination,leadership,talent,and so on,and hopefullyParkey will return or someone new will bring that back to Claiborne...

Just thought I would mention the CHS principal has given his notice and is leaving I think at the end of this week to accept another job outside of the school system.

I can't say whether this will have an impact on the coaching situation but with a new principal at least it brings in a fresh perspective.

I was behind the bench at Rutledge and did not see anything that could be construed as bad coaching. The coaching staff and players did very well in a tough gym. I was critical a few weeks ago but the team seems to have adjusted and is doing much better now.

I know, it would probably do much better with the other players, but right now we have to deal with the present season, not the past nor whatever happens next year.

They are in a tough stretch this week, hosting Cumberland Gap tonight, G-P Friday, Union Co. Monday, and then Cherokee Tuesday.

Let's support them through this and hopefully go into the district tourney with some momentum.

Just thought I would mention the CHS principal has given his notice and is leaving I think at the end of this week to accept another job outside of the school system.

I can't say whether this will have an impact on the coaching situation but with a new principal at least it brings in a fresh perspective.

I was behind the bench at Rutledge and did not see anything that could be construed as bad coaching. The coaching staff and players did very well in a tough gym. I was critical a few weeks ago but the team seems to have adjusted and is doing much better now.

I know, it would probably do much better with the other players, but right now we have to deal with the present season, not the past nor whatever happens next year.

They are in a tough stretch this week, hosting Cumberland Gap tonight, G-P Friday, Union Co. Monday, and then Cherokee Tuesday.

Let's support them through this and hopefully go into the district tourney with some momentum.

as a member of the claiborne team i just want to thank you for showing us some support.. i think we played much better after learning that we actually have some fans still wanting us to win soo thank you