Lady Irish VS JPII Knights

fiftyfifty

I guess we better save some dessert for the JPII fans, looks like the sky fell on them at Ensworth. I believe they are headed toward a double whammy, like say two losses in a row. Perhaps Ryan will display the Bishop's Cup at the gym for the JPII fans to gaze at. At least they will have something to look forward to. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

See, thats the difference between JPII fans and Ryan fans. Ya'll would display the Bishops Cup and gaze at it during a basketball game. Sad, just sad.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, thats the difference between JPII fans and Ryan fans. Ya'll would display the Bishops Cup and gaze at it during a basketball game. Sad, just sad.

It would not be for us to gaze at, it would be for JPII since its been a long time since you have seen it and a good chance its gonna be longer still before you see it again. Come back tator tot. But back to basketball, I heard the trainer had to work overtime to try and heal the scars from the Ensworth game. Its devastating when you play a kitty weak schedule and then have to face the real competition. But don't get mad and boycott the fish fry, we gotta lotta fish. And there's a new addition to the desert menu, its humble pie made especially for guess who. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It would not be for us to gaze at, it would be for JPII since its been a long time since you have seen it and a good chance its gonna be longer still before you see it again. Come back tator tot. But back to basketball, I heard the trainer had to work overtime to try and heal the scars from the Ensworth game. Its devastating when you play a kitty weak schedule and then have to face the real competition. But don't get mad and boycott the fish fry, we gotta lotta fish. And there's a new addition to the desert menu, its humble pie made especially for guess who. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

"Kitty weak schedule" since Ryan's schedule is sooo much tougher

1. Harpeth Hall 59.6%

2. BGA 56.6%

3. Brentwood Academy 54.5%

4. Ensworth 53.4%

5. Webb School 47.0%

6. St. Cecilia Academy 46.0%

7. Father Ryan 45.7%

8. Pope John Paul II 45.0%

9. Univ School of Nashville 43.2%

10. Davidson Academy 40.1%

11. St. Andrew's - Sewanee 31.0%

Where are you STU? Are you busy cooking fish for the fish fry? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

No, I don't cook fish. I am busy baking the massive amount of humble pie that you are going to need to pass around after the Irish victory. I do hope there is a good crowd for the fish fry. We just ordered some Zantac's for the JPII folks just in case the game makes those fish want to come back and visit. By the way, this game counts in the standings for region, not the one at the Headmaster Academy, err I mean JPII. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No, I don't cook fish. I am busy baking the massive amount of humble pie that you are going to need to pass around after the Irish victory. I do hope there is a good crowd for the fish fry. We just ordered some Zantac's for the JPII folks just in case the game makes those fish want to come back and visit. By the way, this game counts in the standings for region, not the one at the Headmaster Academy, err I mean JPII. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Will you be back when we win??

Here are some interesting notes about the Lady Irish. Their favorite chewing gum is Baechel nut, their favorite balogna is Mahoney balogna, perhaps they will Hammer the Knights, their favorite burger is a Krista burger, and they like to eat them in the Woods. Come early Knights fans and perhaps a tour could be set up to see all the athletic banners that hang in the Ryan gym. Of course this would take the better part of a day. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Here are some interesting notes about the Lady Irish. Their favorite chewing gum is Baechel nut, their favorite balogna is Mahoney balogna, perhaps they will Hammer the Knights, their favorite burger is a Krista burger, and they like to eat them in the Woods. Come early Knights fans and perhaps a tour could be set up to see all the athletic banners that hang in the Ryan gym. Of course this would take the better part of a day. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

A Wiesman once said that the lady Irish will need only be able to eat Campbell soup after getting punched in the mouth by the Lady Knights. At the fish fry, fry us up some of that Herron and feed it to Reynolds that got wrapped up by JPII defense! Also the Harris poll shows that after the victory the lady knights had a Rolick-ing good trip back to Hville! Also a school thats, what, a 100 years old should've won a few banners during that time. Back at ya!

I find it strange that you would talk about returning to a message board after you mysterious departure from the football board last fall. The JPII posters on the football were non-existent. After your emotional prediction about the football, nobody ever heard from you again. Perhaps you should practice what you preach. Your prediction made about as much sense as Ashcan predicting a JPII victory over Ensworth. This game requires some shocking thing for JPII to be successful, perhaps putting the HeadMaster in a cheerleaders uniform, naaaah, that would not work either, we still gonna win. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I find it strange that you would talk about returning to a message board after you mysterious departure from the football board last fall. The JPII posters on the football were non-existent. After your emotional prediction about the football, nobody ever heard from you again. Perhaps you should practice what you preach. Your prediction made about as much sense as Ashcan predicting a JPII victory over Ensworth. This game requires some shocking thing for JPII to be successful, perhaps putting the HeadMaster in a cheerleaders uniform, naaaah, that would not work either, we still gonna win. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Last I checked this was a girls basketball forum /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Have you started cooking fish yet Stu??

Congradulations to the Lady Knights on a hard fought overtime victory over the Lady Irish. Special congrats to Patsy, Ashley, and Krisgianna for their excellant play. What an exciting game. I believe we are in for another good game at the end of the regular season. Patsy hit some big shots. Ashley Hammer played great and contributes in many ways to the team that might go unnoticed except to the informed students of the game. Krisgianna scored some huge buckets in the second half of game. Great crowd, good fish dinner, enjoyed every minute of it. Looking forward to the next meeting. But for now there are other fish to fry. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Sorry I am not an obsessvie Coach T fanatic, or else I would have contributed to this childish dispute much earlier. Last nights game was probably the most hard faught game for four quarters between any two teams this season. I seriously do not think that the JP2 Knights are a better team than the Lady Irish. If one or two girls for Ryan could have scored another bucket in regulation play, then overtime would have been unnecessary. Sarah Campbell probably had the best game of her life; hitting every freethrow (including the two clutch ones that sent the game into over time), playing agressive defense, and dominating on the boards. Rachael Reynolds seemed to be a little off, even though her and Campbell racked up 16 points each. Linsie Wiseman did not play well at all; usually she is the one crashing the boards hard. Sarah Rollick did well for her part while she was in. Nancy Herron had trouble bringing the ball down the court, and Ashley Hammer just picked her pocket numerous times. Hannah Harris did not really help the Irish, getting burned numerous times on defense and throwing the ball away. Patsy Mahoney had a clow start in the first half, Campbell and Herron holding her to five points. The Irish tried to box-and-one her in the second half, but Rollick was one step behind. Too bad that game counted for the region; Ryan should have walked away with a win. The next meeting in February, my money is on the Lady Irish.

I thought our banter previously was fun but not childish. Both teams played hard and always have respect for each other. No it shouldn't have gone to overtime. JPII in the last 1 1/2 minutes missed 2 front ends of 1 and 1, missed the back end of a 2 shot FT, a 2 footer by Wilkins and a missed 2 footer by Woods as time expired. Should've been JPII by 6-8. Wilkins and Woods being in foul trouble early kept it close as Ryan has no post defense for Wilkins. Hammer played great. Patsy forced some things but made 3 threes, one to tie it late. JPII's starting 2 guard Lindahl turned an ankle early and didn't return until late. For Ryan, Campbell does what she does and hit big FT's. Reynolds hit 2 big threes and some FT's. They really don't have any other consistent scoring threats and it's hard to play only 6 players especially against man to man. At the end of regulation and OT, Ryan couldn't come out and put effective pressure on JPII. But JPII missed 2 FT's with 5 seconds and the desperation 3 was on line to go in. I'll take your action as this was the best chance for a Ryan win. Good luck to both.