DII State Wrestling Duals @ Father Ryan High School

rigger101

Why have they been moved from Clarksville?

Rigger---the announcement on this was made last June by the TSSAA. At the Jume 5 Board of Control meeting they took the following action:

14. Approved Proposed Changes in the Dual Meet Wrestling Tournament

The Division II Dual Meet State Tournament will be held at Father Ryan High School,

along with an invitational tournament for smaller schools in Division II in wrestling.

The Class AAA and Class A/AA Dual Meet State Tournaments will be held at Clarksville

High School. Class AAA will continue to bring eight teams to the Dual Meet. Class

A/AA will increase the number of teams at the State Dual Meet from four to eight.

According to the TSSAA, they were moved because of crowd/space considerations due to increase in D-I A/AA teams added to what was considered an already crowded field.

But I like Herm's explanation better.

Space at Clarksville is certainly part of the answer but I doubt it will be much better with the additions to some of the brackets and the girls tournament.

However, there were a few changes for DII. DII wrestling has essentially been reclassified into a large and small school division. The large schools will wrestle for the state duals title at Father Ryan. The qualifiers are now 5 schools from East / Middle TN and 3 schools from West TN. The schools that went down and are classified as small schools now wrestle in a small school invitational at Father Ryan. However, this is not for any sanctioned TSSAA state championship if I am correct. They are merely there to test themselves against programs there own size. I could be wrong on some of that as I haven't paid much attention having stayed involved primarily with then schools in the large division but that was the basis of the discussion from what I remember.

For example this has caused some changes on the west side of the state that I am aware of. We no longer wrestle a regional duals tournament to determine who falls where for purpose of state duals seeding. It will be solely based on the results of the regional matches. This also eliminates the need for some of the larger schools to wrestle some of the smaller schools in duals (although this does still happen in most cases from what I am aware). I am not totally sure how the East / Middle group is determining their 5. It is up to that group to decide. They could go by tournament finishes, vote, state rankings, etc. Not really sure what they have decided to do.

The DII dual brackets break out in the typical 8 team format for the first round where 1's wrestle 4's and 2's wrestle 3's. That works out because the 5th place team from the East / Middle group will become the 4th place team from the West for bracket purposes. That is how it was explained to me at least.

I am sure someone can and will correct me if I am wrong on any of that.

The real reason is much more complicated. As that D II is mostly (if not all) private schools, we have become accustomed to....how do I say it gently.....a certain minimum requirement for our dinning and lodging needs.

Money of course being no object, it was decided that Nashville offered more of a venue that was at least satisfactory to these certain life style considerations.

A freshly turned down bed, a mint on the pillow, sorbet between the soup and entree, a gymnasium restroom where the "untouchable" public has not left their DNA all over the place. Is this too much to ask? Obviously TSSAA agreed to our certain peculiarities and have acquiesced to our understandable wants and needs.

We will miss you guys.....Ok.....so we won't miss you guys....just trying to be nice.

Muffy, can you please bring me another bon bon?

The real reason is much more complicated. As that D II is mostly (if not all) private schools, we have become accustomed to....how do I say it gently.....a certain minimum requirement for our dinning and lodging needs.

Money of course being no object, it was decided that Nashville offered more of a venue that was at least satisfactory to these certain life style considerations.

A freshly turned down bed, a mint on the pillow, sorbet between the soup and entree, a gymnasium restroom where the "untouchable" public has not left their DNA all over the place. Is this too much to ask? Obviously TSSAA agreed to our certain peculiarities and have acquiesced to our understandable wants and needs.

We will miss you guys.....Ok.....so we won't miss you guys....just trying to be nice.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I knew that was the reason. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Thanks for the info BL

Notre Dame educated..... and we are proud of him, some of the time.

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Notre Dame educated..... and we are proud of him, some of the time.

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Ok I admitt it. I had to copy and paste that post to microsoft word so I could spell check at least half of the words I used. Still can't figure out how to do spell check on CoachT. Will absolutly miss the "Irish" parking lot meetings. Nothing like getting bumped from the best wrestling venue of the year to make room for the girls. And these chicks don't even wear the same colored undies as the hotties did that came to our wrestling tournaments back in the day!

Dont even like sorbet.