Leslie McDonald

Highway2Heel

Not necessarily there Southeast. Look who Memphis is losing this year. (Derek Rose, CDR, and Dorsey, ALOT of their scoring) Look who Carolina loses, nobody. Look at what they return next year. You still have Ty Lawson, Wayne Ellington, Tyler Hansborough, Danny Green, Marcus Ginyard and a couple of other players for the next few years. You can't tell me that Memphis is in better hands right now than Carolina. You KNOW who has the best shot at a national championship next year. You can say Memphis is landing top recruits. So is North Carolina. North Carolina has already signed 3 top 10 recruits for next year. Duke is Duke and they have Coach K. Coach K can work his magic and will get anyone he wants practically.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily there Southeast. Look who Memphis is losing this year. (Derek Rose, CDR, and Dorsey, ALOT of their scoring) Look who Carolina loses, nobody. Look at what they return next year. You still have Ty Lawson, Wayne Ellington, Tyler Hansborough, Danny Green, Marcus Ginyard and a couple of other players for the next few years. You can't tell me that Memphis is in better hands right now than Carolina. You KNOW who has the best shot at a national championship next year. You can say Memphis is landing top recruits. So is North Carolina. North Carolina has already signed 3 top 10 recruits for next year. Duke is Duke and they have Coach K. Coach K can work his magic and will get anyone he wants practically.

I was talkin bout as of the recent season. Cause nobody really knows wats gunna happen next season. But wayne and ty are possibly gone.

I was talkin bout as of the recent season. Cause nobody really knows wats gunna happen next season. But wayne and ty are possibly gone.

Yeah GC... Southeast is right about 1 thing Wayne Ellington and Ty Lawson are testing the NBA waters but they could return when its all said and done... but WOW 1 season where Memphis made it to the national championship and lost to Kansas the same team that beat UNC some how makes Memphis the better program than UNC where UNC has won a National Championship in the past 5 years!!!

GO TARHEELS!!

Yeah GC... Southeast is right about 1 thing Wayne Ellington and Ty Lawson are testing the NBA waters but they could return when its all said and done... but WOW 1 season where Memphis made it to the national championship and lost to Kansas the same team that beat UNC some how makes Memphis the better program than UNC where UNC has won a National Championship in the past 5 years!!!GO TARHEELS!!

Well any wat i'm tryna get at is they are all powerhouse programs.

Yeah GC... Southeast is right about 1 thing Wayne Ellington and Ty Lawson are testing the NBA waters but they could return when its all said and done... but WOW 1 season where Memphis made it to the national championship and lost to Kansas the same team that beat UNC some how makes Memphis the better program than UNC where UNC has won a National Championship in the past 5 years!!!GO TARHEELS!!

Plus if you talkin bout the last 5 years, tell me again how mant times did Memphis make it to the Elite8?

Well any wat i'm tryna get at is they are all powerhouse programs.Plus if you talkin bout the last 5 years, tell me again how mant times did Memphis make it to the Elite8?

Memphis

07-08 Runner Up

06-07 Elite 8

05-06 Elite 8

04-05 NIT

03-04 2nd Round

UNC

07-08 Final 4

06-07 Elite 8

05-06 2nd Round

04-05 Champions

03-04 2nd Round

Have fun with those stats!!!

Well any wat i'm tryna get at is they are all powerhouse programs.Plus if you talkin bout the last 5 years, tell me again how mant times did Memphis make it to the Elite8?

The last 5 years are above! I agree that Memphis is a Powerhouse Program too! But don't compare them to North Carolina yet! (I said yet... give Memphis a few more years I believe they could be up there)

The last 5 years are above! I agree that Memphis is a Powerhouse Program too! But don't compare them to North Carolina yet! (I said yet... give Memphis a few more years I believe they could be up there)

UNC is a blueblood program. There are a lot of schools that would love to be considered such when only a handful can truely refer to themselves that way.( UCLA, UK,UNC,KU,Duke) No, I wouldn't put Memphis in that category and not by a long shot. That takes years and years of success. It takes time and luck.

Now, would I compare Memphis as an elite program with UNC as of right now? You better believe I would.

• 2 weeks later...