Rockwood Tigers

Took

rockwoods downfall last year was there defense. not saying it was bad but it was where they were the weakest at. with a catcher in right and the center field position being swapped in and out it never gave the tigers a secure feeling of who would be out there. now that 25 is catching, which from what ive heard is where he is more confortable at, it will give a chance for a more true outfielder such as treadway or hill to step up and get a spot. the infield also had its times as well but they will be more solid this year now that they have all played together for a year. i swear #2 turns the best double play ive seen in a while. if the tigers take care of business, they will have a spot at the BORO.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats to the four players that signed today to play for Coach Lane and the Roane State Raiders. this now makes a total of five players who have signed scholarships.. and there will be atleast one more in the big lefty whenever he makes his decision. coach lane hit the mother load with this group. maybe he can get lucky and get a few more.

Zach Duncan- solid pitcher, with a nasty hook- Roane State

Shane Doughty- can flat out yak, great arm- Roane State

Beau Mayton- great slap hitter and situatuional hitter, best glove in region- Roane State

Bryant Allen- another powerhouse at bat, solid third baseman- Roane State

Chase Clem-fundamentally sound- Hiwassee College

congrats to the four players that signed today to play for Coach Lane and the Roane State Raiders. this now makes a total of five players who have signed scholarships.. and there will be atleast one more in the big lefty whenever he makes his decision. coach lane hit the mother load with this group. maybe he can get lucky and get a few more.

Zach Duncan- solid pitcher, with a nasty hook- Roane State

Shane Doughty- can flat out yak, great arm- Roane State

Beau Mayton- great slap hitter and situatuional hitter, best glove in region- Roane State

Bryant Allen- another powerhouse at bat, solid third baseman- Roane State

Chase Clem-fundamentally sound- Hiwassee College

love that clem kid, go chase, congrats on Hiwassee

The tigers D will be better this year, cause coach cofer will work the boys hard to make it better. He was around Lane to long so you know he works hard. The the tinker kid ant playing, but they will be fine there when duncan ant pitching. When he is pitching coach cofer will have some1 playing there that can catch and throw the ball. I just dont know who, if any 1 has any clue who is going 2 play there when duncan pitches let me know. Cause that could be a prob, but the tigers bats are to strong for any1 to beat them in the region.

The tigers D will be better this year, cause coach cofer will work the boys hard to make it better. He was around Lane to long so you know he works hard. The the tinker kid ant playing, but they will be fine there when duncan ant pitching. When he is pitching coach cofer will have some1 playing there that can catch and throw the ball. I just dont know who, if any 1 has any clue who is going 2 play there when duncan pitches let me know. Cause that could be a prob, but the tigers bats are to strong for any1 to beat them in the region.

GeorgeW portin for duty. sorry its a while, i been trying to get this new ecomony bill past and im still fightin that terr. i got al sorts a terr im tryin to defeat. between osama obama and hilary evil doer clinton, i havent had much time to check up with my tigers. so you question is who will play the position of stoppin short while duncan is toeing the rubber. my guess who be terr fighter treadway. ive seen the kid play before and he does a pretty good job, but he also could be playin tha field of out. so therr mit be a bunch of confusion when duncan piches. all this does is give some terr fighter an opportuntity to step up and git tha job done! FIGHT THA TERR!!!!!!

#6 (name?) will likely play SS when duncan is pitching. or you could go way out there and move mayton over to short and let treadyway play dose, but i believe that both are more comfortible at their respected positions.

• 3 weeks later...

Rockwood has a lot coming back this year. Their senior class is one of the best i have ever. They lost a lot in that catcher, but they bring back a ton of hitting and some pretty good pitching. I would expect to see them and Lookout Valley back at the state tournament. And cant wait for some of that good homestyled cooking when i go to watch my nephew play at lookout. MmmMmm that food is good. here is what i see the tigers bringing back. Pitching. Breazeale,#21, and #7 should be the 1,2,3 for the Tigers. They also bring the Bats. Doughty and Allen are both studs who should both sign with good colleges. after that Rockwood is still a solid bunch. What are your thoughts?

Rockwood looks strong again this year. We always enjoy the Rockwood fans they are a class act. Rockwood faced a very good team in Gordon Lee, they play very good small ball. Hope the food was up to what you have come to expect from the Lookout Valley group we always try to put out the best. (Both on and off the field). /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />