South Pitt@Marion

hoopitup10

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really support either of these teams, but I though since the Pirates done so well in Football I would drive down to watch this one. All I can say is I wasted my $5 dollars. I have never seen a team with such athletes play with such a lack of hustle and discipline. I left at half time with some of the other Orange and Black faithful. As for Marion, my hats off to you. You played much better than I expected. With some of your fans posting about this being a two or three man team, I was surprised with your team play tonight. I may have to come watch the Marion/Hixson game when it is played. From what I have seen with how they play, It has the potential to be a good game.

Well I guess thats what happens when it aint football. They act like they just dont care about anything else but that. I guess thats not a bad thing though when you end up the State Champions. Trust me you will never see that in a football game. Terrell and the other sophomore kid will be hard to get beat in a couple of years. It seems like every time they had the ball they took a smart shot & usually made it. They have what it takes to take the basketball program where it needs to be. Tonight just plain and simple they got outplayed in every way possible & it was a classless effort by the team. They should never give up in a rilvary game. Hopefully next time they will come ready to play & play the whole game cause if not it will be the same result if not worse. My hats off to Marion County though. SP just didnt give up for no reason. Almost everything they hit was going in & Cody probaly played the best game he has played since he has been in high school. Good luck 2 you all the rest of the way.

You are right, Jujuan and Terrell will be very good in a couple of years, but keep in mind that Jasper didn't have a single senior on the floor last night. The two players that hurt South Pittsburg the worst are both sophomores as well. It should be Warrior domination for the next couple of years...Go Warriors!

Terrell had a solid game, but the South Pittsburg show was put on by #14 tonight (Weatherspoon, I think). He drilled trey's and long two's all game long.

how can you say anybody had a solid game and drilled shots all night long when they lose by 25-30 points?? ain't nothin' solid about that. all you hear from the jasper folks is "team, team, team." all you hear from pirates is "we won the football championship, so who cares? oh, and what's-his-name had a great game in a 30-point loss to our biggest rival."

give me a break! guess what....football is over! and if we don't start playing like a team and drop the street ball attitude it'll be football season sooner than later (do they even have baseball at SP anymore?). i get the feeling that's what some of these players want anyway. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" it's makes me ANGRY /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> because they've got the talent to compete.

how can you say anybody had a solid game and drilled shots all night long when they lose by 25-30 points?? ain't nothin' solid about that. all you hear from the jasper folks is "team, team, team." all you hear from pirates is "we won the football championship, so who cares? oh, and what's-his-name had a great game in a 30-point loss to our biggest rival."

give me a break! guess what....football is over! and if we don't start playing like a team and drop the street ball attitude it'll be football season sooner than later (do they even have baseball at SP anymore?). i get the feeling that's what some of these players want anyway. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" it's makes me ANGRY /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> because they've got the talent to compete.

You are right angry Pirate! The pirates have the guys to have a really solid ball club. The Finnell kid played hard and agressive early but when the game got out of hand, he was kind of taken out of it. He will be a good one just like his daddy. Great touch outside and inside. I remember watching Terrell in middle school and thinking how much of a player he was going to be. He didn't play last night as hard as he used to. The sky is the limit for him if he will play with agression and intensity. The problem with this team, at least from what I can see from last night, they don't listen to their coach. If they aren't going to be willing to listen and learn, then they have no shot at all. Don't know if it is a pride thing or what!!!

players must play as a team and be focused. that is their responsibility. it is the responsiblility of any coach to make them see this...even if they have to kick tail to do it. wake up and see this.

The Warriors did the Pirates in.As an alumni of South Pittsburg I am extremely dissapointed in the style of play and effort put in by the Pirates. The Pirates just don't seem to have any heart, and that is one thing that a lot of the players have been missing lately, they don't want to play the game and do the little things it takes to win games, like get on the floor, and play defense. It seems like most are just worried about their points like usual, sometimes you even have scrubs come off the bench and fire wild shots just trying to score and have numbers by their name in the paper, the players don't know their roles and don't care. The Warriors played a great game and Corpeio could not be stopped he was just to quick for anyone they brought at him. The Pirates kept wanted to try and loft shots right over Cody and he sent them away every time, no pump fakes no nothing. The Pirates need to get their mind right, hopefully it will be a better game next time.

how can you say anybody had a solid game and drilled shots all night long when they lose by 25-30 points??....

Well, I said it because #14 did play solid (IMO) and drill shots all night long. The fact that the team lost by 25-30 points don't concern me, thats a SP problem. If Coach Phillips ever does manage to get all that talent focused and playing team ball together they could be something special. Continue to play like they did last night and it'll be a looooong year. Good luck. Meanwhile, Go Warriors.

Great Game by the Warriors. Cody had 18 and 10 against this old boys. I love rivalry games, and I wished I coulda made it out. I had to be a downer but I jus wanna see Marion come out and play with this fire against a quality ball club.

Whowitit, you would've loved this game. I know you've already heard first hand from others how well Marion County played all game long. Teddy (I'm onboard now) played great even if he didn't score his usual ton of points. Henegar played with an ATTITUDE finally. Hope he keeps that up. Believe it, this team can compete in their region if they continue this style of play. After last night, I may have to come out to Grundy and watch the rematch.

Ole MCRoadwarriar has just been sitting back and watching, but I have to post on this one. This without a doubt was the best (team) game Marion has played so far. Good Defense, Good Offense, and sharing the ball. Each player seemed to take their shots as they came open. Guyear 23pts, Brocks 19pts, Henegar 18pts, Hargis 16pts, Martin 4pts, Bailey 3pts, and Thacker 2pts, for 85pts to the Pirates 61. Whatever they ate or did to prepare for this game they need to continue. Great Job Warriors!

As for the crowd, it was the largest and rowdiest the McNabb Ceter has seen in a while. I thought the band would play at this game. I guess since that New Years Day TV appearance, the Warrior faithfull won't get anymore free shows. It was nice to hear Marions new vocal group (The Duck Call Choir) as they sat behind the visting team. Keep it up guys, without a doubt ya'll called them in, because the Warrior team shot Doubles and Triples all night long!

All in all Great Job Warriors!