Oneida beats Wartburg

knight2

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I WILL AGREE WITH YOU. The Lady Dogs look like a team that is on the decline. Maybe the coaching is taking effect. They have gradually been going down hill. People are playing out of position and some that could help, have no position. Everyone with REAL basketball knowledge had an idea that this would happen. What was the score the last time these teams played? What is the maturity level (experience) difference in the two? That's what I thought! The "coaching" is starting to evolve with each team. Can't wait to see how this thing plays out. Oh yeah, Wartburg does have the ATHLETES to match up with and beat the teams is this district. Everyone knows that. They also have to be used to the best of their ability. EVERYONE should realize that, too! Beating Rockwood makes you forget about the rest? It shouldn't!

Wartburg going down hill? If that's the case then the rest of us are in trouble because we're still looking up at them in the 4-A standings.

Oneida has gone 9-5 since an 0-4 start. They are a good basketball team and I've never heard anyone say that they were shocked to get beat up there. Wartburg has athletes I've never said they didn't but they do not have size and that will ultimately kill them. I'ld imagine that's why Davis is starting the Freels girl and Fountain now because one is 6'0 and the other plays like it.

What exactly is it that beating Rockwood should make you forget? In my opinion Wartburg has been overachieving all year and will continue to unless people like you get in the way. I've come full around with their coach. I felt he did a great job beating Oakdale at Wartburg. I think if they go 6-4 in the district this year that's a solid job from him. But I've said it all along,

This district will shape up like this,

O.S. 9-1

Oak 7-3 (Slow and Steady wins the race)

WB 6-4 (If Wartburg had a legitimate underneath player they could go 7-3)

CF 5-5

One 5-5

Sun 0-10

I am always looking at numbers I looked the schedules up and found today that it's pretty amazing that wartburg in the last two years had a (6-14) regular season record in D-4A. Now, Davis has a chance to equal or even pass that number in only one season. And he has basically the same girls. I think that is great. Also, they won 17 games a year ago and I think that this years team can equal or pass that number also. Overall I think that things are going to be fine and we have a solid group coming back next season with Taleah, Anna, and Crystal along with several other talented So. and Jr. players.

I read on another post that the team was 25-27 over the last two years, so I think that if jason wins 18 games this year that's pretty good! Of course you'll always have people that are critical anytime you start 2 Juniors and one Soph, on a team with 6 Seniors.

Excellent 2nd half the other night ladies. Whatever Coach W said, he needs to bottle it and save it for another day when you need it! I saw two different teams in one game.....and I don't think Wartburg was any less competative after halftime either! Davis has a bunch of quick players that are very effective. Oneida had to work hard for everything they got in the comeback.

Question: Who is the man sitting behind the Wartburg bench that Davis "consults" from time to time? They carried on a rather antimated conversation during the game and I was just curious. Wartburg has the players to beat some more good teams, so watch out teams at the top.

DaveOs, Oakdale is very good, but I disagree with your assessment that Wartburg isn't quick. The Lady Bulldogs are quick throughout their line-up and on a night when O'Dell is not effective in the post, Wartburg is every bit as athletic and good as the Lady Eagles. In fact, if O'dell gets injured.....Oakdale will suddenly become the fourth best team in the league behind OS, Coalfield, and Wartburg. (IMO) /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> kazam37 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I really don't think I've ever seen Mr. Davis call any plays from behind the bench. I know that he usually sits away from the team entirely.

I believe that knight2 must just have a problem with Jason or something. If memory serves me correctly you are one of the people that was spreading rumors that were total lies about Jason before he even took the job! I will say that you are good at slander! Maybe you should start another petition to keep him from coaching in the tournament!

The Wartburg team is going to be ok. This season has been a very good one and they can even still get a 1 seed in the district tournament if they play well over the next 4 games. Their schedule has been a tough one but it will make them much better come tournament time.