Upperman -v- SC

gatorbillmsu

screw this. you folks have turned a few questions into a ###### match. Im not going for that.

I asked a question. And a fair one. I wish the best of luck to Miss Ferriss. And to her teammates. I have never wavered from that. My posts will all be deleted from this thread, you can choose to keep yours or not. I dont care.

GB

I have seen Ferris mostly when Smith County plays LA. I think the face you see on her is her game face! She don't look like she is going backwards in her play to me. Maybe in some games, it might appear so. Smith County just don't have anything to support her with. You can't do it all, I mean you have to have a supporting cast. Anyway, I think this player has a great future in basketball. I think she gives it 100% and she is just a sophomore.

Wildcat 1970

I hope you are right. I dont want to say most of my thoughts cause I really do not want to sound like I am bashing her. I think she is a good kid. And I think she is talented. I just have not liked what I have seen lately. Could be that Upperman just gives her fits. I guess when trourney time comes around and I get a chance to see her play against some other teams I will get a better feel for how she is doing.

I think the supporting cast did a much better job in the first half on Friday. They were able to get the ball to her, so she could get some shots off, but the second half they did not do as well. Adjustments, etc have a lot to do with all of that.

Anyways, I hope you are right.

Hey gator,

I haven't had the pleasure of watching this young lady play. I have heard a lot of good things about her though.

This is probably not the first time you will hear this but there is alot of pressure on kid's these day's to perform at a level sometimes is hard for a kid to do day in and day out. I do know that a team is not built on one person there is no i in team! Maybe the coach and the other girls need to try and take the pressure off of her. If the team is not on the same page then they will have adversities and they all can be over come by the correct criticism. I hope Ms. Kaci doesn't get burned out early. I will say i made a statement when someone quoted that LL was the backbone of our team. You have to have a good foundation in order to have a backbone just maybe their is a crack in SC foundation and some adjustments need to be made. I hear there is alot of talent on that team as well as any another but like i said if they are all not on the same page then things are not going to work as well. I know you can be No 1 and still have a bad day. BBall still needs to have a lil fun in it. So i will say this to SC ball club hold you head up and keep digging, put a smile on that face and go do what we all know you guy's can do compete with the best of the best. I hope to have the pleasure of watching you girls play soon... I make a point to try to watch as many upper cumberland teams as possible through the year. Good Luck to you. Just a point i know gator is just concerned for a young player that might need a little lift in her carreer he means no intential harm..... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Guest Termite

Just a couple of thoughts

Gatoebillmsu........can you name another player for SC other than Kaci??? I didn't think so. Now, take into consideration that SC starts 1Sr.,1 Jr., 2 soph. and 1 Fr.. The 1st player off the bench is a Fr.. All less than 5'5"

If you were coaching against SC what would you do?? If you have seen SC play that many times....how many times have you seen the ball go in to Kaci with 2-3 players guarding her??? Have you ever seen the elbows and cheap shots she takes?? That's where the frustration comes from...

Dyer-v-Farris ??? You would have to put Dyer with SC and Farris with Upperman to compare them.

Kaci and her teammates do just fine. Being in a district with LV and Upperman maginify a teams weaknesses.

Guest Termite

gatorbill...you asked the questions....I just tried to answer

"I try not to question the Coaches" left in until 20 seconds left... I tend to think playing time is earned...

"Not going to bring you back when down by 20 points." Do you really think that was the point???

She doesn't look like she enjoys playing ......... would think she would be doing handsprings being down by 20......

Lost her temper the last 8 games I saw her play....again...answered your own question.....pokes,jabs,holds,(frustration will ruin a player..I heard somewhere) I don't think anyone is trying to hurt anyone. If you saw her lose her temper...so did everybody else....and knowing you can "push her buttons" wouldn't you continue to do so?? I agree she has to learn control.

Regressing???? Because you can compare individual skills with another player ......the footwork, catch and shoot, passing,boxing out, speed and quickness. Compare this years Kaci to last years.....is it Kaci or the younger players around Kaci this year??

And about coaching....

If you do #1 which they do.....#2 does not apply #3 hard to find a backup for 6'8" when the next tallest player is 5'5" backup may be in the next Fr class. #4 The ball goes throug her...she doesn't put it on the floor. Easy way to break a press. #5 pick your poison...Let Kaci get hers and stop everyone else or stop Kaci. She cann't beat a good team by herself.

Not to be arguing about anything......But I've seen Dyer and Farris match up 4 times. Twice at Baxter, twice at Carthage. I thought the match between them was even.... Dyer 2/Farris 2 .... the other 8 girls on the floor was where the games were won and lost............

schs and upperman could have easily been tied at half time

there were a few missed free throws and several inside the

paint that were missed by schs - but of

course -- "could" and "were" are different stories

upperman just runs the floor exceptionally well - and they

force turnovers from the best of them -

unlike LA and Upperman - SCHS and the other schools for that

matter in the district do NOT have 10-12 girls who can score

each and every game - period end of conversation

good for them - that's how and why they win - it would be

interesting for both teams to keep the same five girls in

and then play SCHS - but that's just silly - as it will never

happen --

LA - the largest school in the district at nearly 1000 kids

that's way way way way more then any of the other schools

in the district and they statistically should be superior --

yes upperman is smaller - there are always exceptions - but they

were not so good years ago - tables may turn - who knows

back to kayci playing entire game - it's not up to any of you

just the coach - and lost her temper last eight games - what

in the heck are you talking about? i've seen them all and

that has not happened - unless you have a different defintion

of "lost temper" than most folks

i have and always will have a problem with upperman pressing

when they are 20 points ahead - they never stop til the last few

minutes of the game - poor sportmanship i think - but again i am

not the coach - they can do what they want

i know this sight is for opinions -- but these are children we are

talking about - and if you think they do not read this - you are

and the next tallest girl on the team is five seven oldham - senior

not five five --- but hey what's a couple of inches ?? tee hee

Hoops fan,2 you are correct, the game could have easily been tied at the half. I thought it was a very good half of basketball in a lot of ways, and if Im sure the coaches of both teams had plenty that they would have liked to have seen different from their teams.

(let me edit in one more thing...the comment about losing temper. If I said all of the 8 games, I apologize, that is not what I meant to say at all. My fault, and I do apolgize for that)

as for the rest of things, I will no longer comment.

I have always had very good things to say about Miss Farriss, and it will continue to be that way.

I think she has a bright future in and outside of basketball, and Im sure that her teammates have a bright future ahead of them also. Im certain they are great kids and work very hard.

I obviously offended some people, and there was never that intention.

Good luck tonight.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />