Cannon Co

cchssupporter

I hope that everything was positive. I do know that support is needed but the coaches should have beeen invited. They are the leaders. If the players need a pep talk the coaches need to do that. Many people overstep bounds. Be careful not to step on toes. Good Luck! Go LIons!

Yes, I do agree. cchsmom, I'm sorry but you were misinformed-the coaches were not invited, please believe me when I say this. But, I will now move on and say that I was very proud of our boy's effort tonight. We lost a close game , but playing a big district game on the road especially at UPHS is always difficult. I was impressed with our ability to start rather strong early, and I'm pleased that when Upperman made a minor run or two we kept our poise for the most part and still gave ourselves a chance to win. Good Job Lions, and Lionnettes we are all proud of you.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"cchs supporter" it sounds to me that you are trying to stir up the trouble. The meeting was simply parents wanting to held out the kids and get them pumped up. Just because the coach wasn't there doesn't mean that they were bashing him. There was nothing wrong with the meeting and you are making a big deal out of nothing.

"cchs supporter" it sounds to me that you are trying to stir up the trouble. The meeting was simply parents wanting to held out the kids and get them pumped up. Just because the coach wasn't there doesn't mean that they were bashing him. There was nothing wrong with the meeting and you are making a big deal out of nothing.

Again, I'm not stirring up trouble! Your take is that there is nothing wrong with the meeting-OK that is fine. My problems were the way it was done and why it was done. We can agree to disagree. However, are the other people in agreeance with me "stirring" too?

Is going to be another meeting at the restaurant this saturday evening to get the boys fired up? You know to get the boys on track and play better. The last one did not get the result that was hoped for. Just wondering?

I did not begin this topic to bring about sarcasm, but in a wrong way of doing things-you may have brought up a good point. The last "meeting" obviously did not help the team, but again, who thought that it would? CCHSMOM has still yet to admit that the coaching staff was not invited to this "meeting". STAKD has yet to admit this also. Now, the only thing the two of you have done is accuse me of stirring up trouble. I now say to you, who stirred up the trouble? The answer is-The parent who called this meeting for no other reason but their own to "stir up the trouble"! Everyone says that the meeting was for the kids-OK but Mr. Warrior said thats the coach's job to do so. Mr. Warrior is someone that I totally respect because he is someone who knows how to coach kids. I do not, therefore I just raised the initial questions about MR. C's motives.

Other questions have yet to be answered- If this was to motivate the team, why was the WHOLE TEAM not in attendance? If the Coach's were invited, then why were they not in attendance? If you are truely TEAM-oriented than you would've called off such meeting if all could not attend!

This "hands on the program parent" has gone too far! He has had his hand in the cookie jar withoutever being asked to do so. Nor would Coach Johnson be dumb enough to ever ask a parent to help with his team!

Wake up Woodbury! A parent has been attempting to dictate what the coach and administration does. This parent has attempted to skew the actual initial coach hiring process to begin with. He and one other, bombarded Coach Couey with a meeting of their own last year, which resulted in him leaving. Thank goodness the coach we have now is intelligent enough to not allow him to do so, all parents were wrong for allowing your "ring leader" to lead you to this meeting. Let the kids play, and the Coach be the Coach!

I'll be there tonite cheering on the Lions and Lionnettes and I hope the best for all our kids! Do you Mr. C hope the best for ALL the kids????