Only 2 Divisions for BBall in TN?

Hank

Would someone please 'splain to me why TN has only 2 divisions for BBall? I could understand that there might be a few sports like golf or tennis where there would be only two or three divisions, due to basic expenses or facilities being too costly. But everyone has a gym so why not play BBall in the same conference in which you play Football and Baseball (or is baseball different, too)? thanx in advance for some 'splainin to a confused transplant /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Would someone please 'splain to me why TN has only 2 divisions for BBall? I could understand that there might be a few sports like golf or tennis where there would be only two or three divisions, due to basic expenses or facilities being too costly. But everyone has a gym so why not play BBall in the same conference in which you play Football and Baseball (or is baseball different, too)? thanx in advance for some 'splainin to a confused transplant /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Don't know what you're getting at...do you mean divisions as in public and private or classes?

Two divisions, five public classes and two private class with one private class having two regions...in football.

Two divisions, three public classes and two private classes in basketball, baseball and softball.

In the public division there are only two classes in the other sports (golf, volleyball, soccer, track...)

Hope that sheds some light...

I too have often wondered why football has 5 classes and basketball only has 3. There are about 330 football playing schools in TN and over 370 basketball playing schools in TN. Why not have 5 classes for the publics and two for the privates in every sport? Just wondering, not trying to start a public-private gripe session.

I too have often wondered why football has 5 classes and basketball only has 3. There are about 330 football playing schools in TN and over 370 basketball playing schools in TN. Why not have 5 classes for the publics and two for the privates in every sport? Just wondering, not trying to start a public-private gripe session.

I wish there would be a playoff between a,aa,aaa at the end of the state tournaments. It would draw more money in than all the others and make TSSAA happy. Some of the A and AA teams are just as good as AAA but have to settle being the little dog.