Will the SP Pirates become more of a BB contender with their gym is co

OLD PIRATE

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Old Pirate says thanks................ Glad I could rattle your cage. Old Pirate says without claiming to know everything............. that SP does not have any active players that have not been there since grade school. OP says you may take some advise of your own, if you exspect all others to give a flip about what you think should be allowed on each message board. OP simply responded to a post that you "jasper folks" constantly put on here spreading crap about various issues. Check the enrollment at the jasper alternative school and find out which school has the most "enrolled". Nuff said.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the SP people wonder why the parents take there kids to Marion County High!!! Here is a post from someone that just sees a snapshot of the daily going ons at SPHS..

None of us wonder why. We know why. It's because their kids can get away with just about anything at Jasper High, and do so on a daily basis, and they know that crap doesn't happen at SPHS anymore. And if it does, as was the case with the young bball player, they are punished severely and consistently.

Yours was a post from someone who has no idea what he's talking about, has probably never "graced" the halls of South Pittsburg, at least not in the last six months, and is just trying to spread crap about the most dominant school, BOTH academically and athletically, in Marion County. I'll be happy to provide the numbers if you'd like. Of course, you already know the athletic numbers.

And the SP people wonder why the parents take there kids to Marion County High!!! Here is a post from someone that just sees a snapshot of the daily going ons at SPHS..

None of us wonder why. We know why. It's because their kids can get away with just about anything at Jasper High, and do so on a daily basis, and they know that crap doesn't happen at SPHS anymore. And if it does, as was the case with the young bball player, they are punished severely and consistently.

Yours was a post from someone who has no idea what he's talking about, has probably never "graced" the halls of South Pittsburg, at least not in the last six months, and is just trying to spread crap about the most dominant school, BOTH academically and athletically, in Marion County. I'll be happy to provide the numbers if you'd like. Of course, you already know the athletic numbers.

Just answer one question for me. A simple yes or no is all. Has the South Pittsburg Police Department ever been called to break up fights at South Pittsburg High School?

Just answer one question for me. A simple yes or no is all. Has the South Pittsburg Police Department ever been called to break up fights at South Pittsburg High School?

No. Has it ever been called to the high school? Yes. But not to break up a fight. Have the Jasper and Whitwell Police Departments ever been called to their schools? Yes. Have the police ever been called to any other school in the state? Yes, all of them. At the very least, you're proving my academic point. Thanks!

Perhaps, now, back to the point of this whole thread. I know a little about the basketball team, and I can tell you that not having a gym has absolutely decimated the girls' and boys' programs. It's really ashame. However, I think things will begin to turn around once the gym is completed. I think Coach Phillips and Coach Quick have done an outstanding job over the past two years. I, for one, don't see how they've accomplished what they have given the situation. I think the problems you see occuring, like at David Brainerd, are a direct result and are not showing anything more as some of you so-called Pirate fans have suggested. It's just the frustration letting itself out. I'm not making excuses. It shouldn't happen. But, I can understand why it has. I really think things will begin to clear up next season, and the Pirates will be a contender in the district and region for years to come.

By the way, it was five games. The fifth one is Jasper. No special treatment. The rules do not validate a "school" suspension. Only an athletic one. The athletic rule is TWO games, if that tells you anything.

Old Pirate says it's great to have some other SP faithful stand up to some of these uninformed posts by people who have a sour taste in their mouths. Predator, you have confirmed the talk that OP has heard. The posters that have diarrhea of the mouth can only talk crap. OP will say this, Coach Boeck will corral jasper's troubled kids in time and time will tell if they receive the same tuff punishment as given to the SP player.

OP has heard the players have played uninspired ball, but that would likely happen any team dealing with the gym situation. There are better times to come for the basketball program.

Old Pirate doesn't know or cares to know who you are but Old Pirate asks.......... were you educated in Tenn? My guess is no......... probably somewhere more south.

Predator,you make a excellant point, OP is old but this cat is not the brightest color in the box.