Lebanon vs. Sparta

WarriorHead

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True me too . Its no fun winning with kids you don't know. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Some teams don't care if all the girls move in from other counties. Isn't that right Mr. Walton? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Some teams don't care if all the girls move in from other counties. Isn't that right Mr. Walton? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

You can correct me if I'm wrong but I was thinking our best player is from California.OOps. Did I let the cat out of the bag? I could care less if they're from Mars as long as they know how to put the ball thru the hoop. I've lived here all my life but if people want to move here they're more than welcome and if their kids can play ball its just an added advantage!

You can correct me if I'm wrong but I was thinking our best player is from California.OOps. Did I let the cat out of the bag? I could care less if they're from Mars as long as they know how to put the ball thru the hoop. I've lived here all my life but if people want to move here they're more than welcome and if their kids can play ball its just an added advantage!

I'm talking about kids that transfer for the sole purpose of playing basketball for a school. It doesn't bother me if a kid moves here when she's 6 years old from california, texas, or wherever.

I'm talking about kids that transfer for the sole purpose of playing basketball for a school. It doesn't bother me if a kid moves here when she's 6 years old from california, texas, or wherever.

Ok 85 I see what you're saying. Maybe I'm living under a rock but I don't see what you're talking about as much of a problem for WC. I hear alot about it from the boro. But if the Helton girl wanted to play ball here just for an example I couldn't turn her away. Would you?

Actually if Lacy is who you are referring to, she was born and raised here. Her family moved here three months before she was born. She started playing basketball in Sparta when she was about three. I remember coaching against her in training league. She is another in the proud tradition of Sparta players born and raised here and 85 is right, a lot of people here are proud of that fact. I remember after our girls got beat in the championship game in 1991, we all came back and had a welcome home for them at the high school and one of the things that was said to the crowd was we might not have won the whole thing, but we were doing it with girls who we had been watching play since they first picked up a basketball. The place went nuts. The same with our boys state championship team. Everyone loved the fact that all those guys were from right here. Not that we wouldn't be very happy if we won one with someone who wasn't born here, but it is a point of pride for the long-time fans of this town.

Actually if Lacy is who you are referring to, she was born and raised here. Her family moved here three months before she was born. She started playing basketball in Sparta when she was about three. I remember coaching against her in training league. She is another in the proud tradition of Sparta players born and raised here and 85 is right, a lot of people here are proud of that fact. I remember after our girls got beat in the championship game in 1991, we all came back and had a welcome home for them at the high school and one of the things that was said to the crowd was we might not have won the whole thing, but we were doing it with girls who we had been watching play since they first picked up a basketball. The place went nuts. The same with our boys state championship team. Everyone loved the fact that all those guys were from right here. Not that we wouldn't be very happy if we won one with someone who wasn't born here, but it is a point of pride for the long-time fans of this town.

Yes it is. Some here though act like the kids have to be born and raised here or we have committed the inpardonable sin. I don't agree with that. For example would you turn the Helton girl away if she decided she wanted to transfer?

What makes her the best? Im not saying your wrong. I just want to find out other opinions.

Yes it is. Some here though act like the kids have to be born and raised here or we have committed the inpardonable sin. I don't agree with that. For example would you turn the Helton girl away if she decided she wanted to transfer?

No I wouldn't . We are just saying its kinda nice having our kids that we watched in elementary and training league grow up and be such good ball players that we love to go watch.I don't see Helton wanting to come here with who we got. LOL

What makes her the best? Im not saying your wrong. I just want to find out other opinions.

I know you couldn't lasso Helton and drag her here. It is just as an example. But I kinda think you get what I'm saying. It is just my opinion Yslas is the best player. I don't really want to start pinpointing specifics I may have already went too far in other posts. They're all great kids and I know they are working hard.