District 11A hows it looking this year does there appear to be a top d

always a dawg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so the ? is whos making it out of district and making it into region but whoever gets the 2 seed coming out of district is going to have a very tough time with summertown

Richland comes out for sure. I think it will be a toss up between CA, Culleoka, and Cornersville. Depends on how each teams pitching situation comes about during the tournament. CA will have Workman, Ayers, Taylor, & Williams in the tournament but will they get a good seed going into the tournament. Culleoka will have Anderson and Scott. Flatt is out of the pitching rotation as of now due to arm trouble. They will be in the same situation as CA needing a good seed. I'm not very familiar with Cornersville except for the Bassham kid. He is a stud. I hear they have another good pitcher.

As far as the Region tournament Summertown will give everyone fits with their bats because there is no doubt they can hit but I think they have some questions with their pitching. Mt. Pleasant should be able to compete for a top spot in District 12A for a shot at Region. Perry County could be scrappy.

How did the Richland vs. Cornsville game go?

Richland won 8-0 i believe....it was a tough day for the dawgs but not as bad as the scoreboard may make it...they didnt have any preseason scrimmages or games so it was their first day of real action. Parsons threw a great game and also had a pair of HR's...Richland jumped out early with four runs in the first and C'ville was never able to catch back up. They play today at Moore Co.

1-0 cully bottom of the 6th..Ashley hit a 3 RBI double for huntland and closed out the game on the mound.BIG WIN for huntland

cully didnt hit well at all i think they only had 1 hit and that was the RBI and they had 3 errors on routine plays for the runners to even get on in the 6th. Does anyone know why CA pitched Workman against Santa Fe and not Richland? are they trying to make his stats look better to give to college coaches because thats the only reason I can think of that they would do that

The only reason why i could think of coach putting in workman for santa fe instead of richland is for the for sure win and so workman can come back friday against mc if he pitched against richland they would only have him for one day but now they have him for two so i think getting 2 district wins out of 3 in the first week is good and CA hung in with richland for the 1st 4 innings until a balk play and Mcneese crushed a 2 run homer

Always A Dawg is correct by saying that Workman pitched against SF on Monday so he could come back to pitch against Moore County on Friday. The CA coach wants to take 2 out of 3 games in the first week. Workman should be able to come back next Tuesday to face Culleoka. I think if CA can get as many wins in District play right now with just Workman on the mound they will be doing very good. Clark Ayers is scheduled to be eligible around 03/25/08 or so. Letting Workman pitch against Richland was not a for sure win for CA because of all the talent Richland has and because CA may not have been able to put up enough runs to beat Richland even if Workman had a great day! CA done the right thing and got a win on opening day.

To answer your question AboveTheRim12 it has nothing to do with making Workman's stats look better. I think his stats speak for them self. Look at the year he had as a Sophomore and the summer he had with Post 19 Jr team. He is a very good pitcher and has faced some very good teams. He will get plenty of starts against quality teams.