CSAS Lady Patriot Basketball

alexthegr8

Tyner's playing a lot better than early in the season, you can't compare who beat who and by how much to get very accurate predictions. The person was talking about Tyner's program overall not just this year but that's all beside the point.

Arts and Sciences, Grace, Whitwell, whoever wins in the region in Chattanooga will have a difficult game, no doubt. Last year they did too and Grace played Jackson to within around 7 or 8 points despite people on here saying it would be a 30 or 40 point game. Similar to the team here going to Upperman, you had midstate experts saying the game would 25 or 30 at least, and the only way it would be close is if Upperman had an awful shooting night-they made 10 three's and the margin just ended six points.

There's good ball played in other areas besides the midstate and just because one of those teams is on the schedule doesn't mean their opponent should go hide under the bed, call in sick or forfeit. There's also good defense played all over the state, for the person who feels the teams around Chattanooga have never seen it before.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyner's playing a lot better than early in the season, you can't compare who beat who and by how much to get very accurate predictions. The person was talking about Tyner's program overall not just this year but that's all beside the point.

Arts and Sciences, Grace, Whitwell, whoever wins in the region in Chattanooga will have a difficult game, no doubt. Last year they did too and Grace played Jackson to within around 7 or 8 points despite people on here saying it would be a 30 or 40 point game. Similar to the team here going to Upperman, you had midstate experts saying the game would 25 or 30 at least, and the only way it would be close is if Upperman had an awful shooting night-they made 10 three's and the margin just ended six points.

There's good ball played in other areas besides the midstate and just because one of those teams is on the schedule doesn't mean their opponent should go hide under the bed, call in sick or forfeit. There's also good defense played all over the state, for the person who feels the teams around Chattanooga have never seen it before.

First of all Jackson County's team last year pales into comparison to the one that is there now. They are so much better with the addition of Laken Leonard and the maturation of all the other girls there. Secondly, Tyner's recent schedule is MUCH weaker than it was at the start of the year so thus the "improvement". While it won't be an "automatic" victory it will STILL be a victory for whoever comes down to chattanooga out of region 4A.

The problem that all the chattanooga girls teams have is they don't play ANYONE! Come tournament time they have no answer for any of the ELITE teams that come down from District 7A (Clarkrange or Jackson County but then again AA and AAA teams dont have an answer for these two teams come to think of it). When you play a cupcake schedule like CSAS does you can't get much better. They have NO CHANCE of winning in the substate and VERY LITTLE chance of even competing. The only thing that will keep the substate game remotely close is the refs! However even then it will be a 20+ point loss for CSAS. They need to step out of east Tn and come to middle tn and play some of the better teams in the nation. Then you can get better and compete for a state title.

I'll give it to you midtensportsfan. Jackson county is pretty dang good. Clark Range is too. But i seriously doubt that the refs will be the only people keeping the games close. I say CSAS, Grace, or GPS could handle teams like them( i didnt say beat, i just said handle) It's almost tournament time. and in the tournaments, anybody could beat anyone on any given night.

First of all Jackson County's team last year pales into comparison to the one that is there now. They are so much better with the addition of Laken Leonard and the maturation of all the other girls there. Secondly, Tyner's recent schedule is MUCH weaker than it was at the start of the year so thus the "improvement". While it won't be an "automatic" victory it will STILL be a victory for whoever comes down to chattanooga out of region 4A.

You guy's might as well save your traveling money for the state tournament. I guess you're right. There is no way, at all, not a chance that anyone from this region could beat your regional runner-up. I'll tell Coach Martin at CSAS to don't even bother showing up cause midstatefan said so.

You guy's might as well save your traveling money for the state tournament. I guess you're right. There is no way, at all, not a chance that anyone from this region could beat your regional runner-up. I'll tell Coach Martin at CSAS to don't even bother showing up cause midstatefan said so.

i totally agree with you why waste the gas because the outcome is already determined no matter how ya'll want to "spin" it you have NO chance of winning the games and while i know you guys want to think that you do and rightfully so as you feel like you have a good team. However i will say it for you and the other poster on here, again, the only way the game is close is IF the ref's keep it that way. This isn't Silverdale or Grace Baptist you're talking about here. You can tell Coach Martin anything you want, but i promise you he knows full well how good Jackson Co. and Clarkrange are you can bet on that. These two teams will play for the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP IN CLASS A! Thats how good they are!!!

The refs most likely will be brought in from outside either area involved. Jackson must have been pretty good last year, to have finished second in that region and yet they still got all they wanted from Grace. That doesn't mean Grace will host this year or that either team traveling to Chattanooga will get a good game but it does mean nothing is guaranteed and anything can happen that deep into the postseason. Regardless of what some fans might think, few teams by the time you get that far will be afraid of the girls in the opposite locker room.

The refs most likely will be brought in from outside either area involved. Jackson must have been pretty good last year, to have finished second in that region and yet they still got all they wanted from Grace. That doesn't mean Grace will host this year or that either team traveling to Chattanooga will get a good game but it does mean nothing is guaranteed and anything can happen that deep into the postseason. Regardless of what some fans might think, few teams by the time you get that far will be afraid of the girls in the opposite locker room.

You don't get it do you? No one is saying that the other team will be afraid to play them! It won't matter whether they are or aren't. My point is that none of the Class A teams play anyone that will help them improve to get to the next level. Its like they are satisfied with having a winning record and thats pretty much it. Thats the only point i was trying to make.

Grace has played McMinn Central, Class AAA Franklin County, Division II GPS this year, played Class AAA Ooltewah and Soddy-Daisy who are not strong for that class but they're still at least six or seven times larger than Grace. That's not a bad non-district schedule for Class A. They can't help that a team such as 21st Century is in their district.

Arts and Sciences hasn't played the strongest schedule but they're beating most of the teams they've played lately by 25 points or more. I've read on here they had people out earlier in the season and they're back now. I saw them play JV last season and they had very good athletes, if they can win and host the sectional anything can happen even though they'll be an underdog against whoever comes out of the midstate.

This would be the same JC that constantly was posted about early in the year, JC will GO unbeaten this year, oh well guess what they have been beat more than once by teams that are less than AAA. Feel good about your team at CSAS and enjoy it, you have the oportunity to play and beat anyone, and you don't need to get beaten down by the Middle TN yaps they loose too. Ask the Patriots why they play the games no not your Patriots the New England Pats

This would be the same JC that constantly was posted about early in the year, JC will GO unbeaten this year, oh well guess what they have been beat more than once by teams that are less than AAA. Feel good about your team at CSAS and enjoy it, you have the oportunity to play and beat anyone, and you don't need to get beaten down by the Middle TN yaps they loose too. Ask the Patriots why they play the games no not your Patriots the New England Pats

That is an out and out lie! Check every post i've ever made i've never said one word about us going undefeated. We play way to tough of a schedule to do that. When you go play teams like Cookeville, LA, Upperman, Clarkrange two and three times a year each, along with going to play the #10 ranked team in the nation on their home floor the chances of going undefeated are highly unlikely. If i remember correctly your own MC team found out more than once what it was like to go down in defeat at the hands of the Lady Blue Devils when JC used to be in AA. As a matter of fact i believe our team that went 25-10 and won the state championship played you guys in the first round and it wasn't even a game! We play the toughest schedule in the state and it shows come tourney time. Clarkrange is right there with us they play a tough schedule and they are very good! ANYONE can be beat dont get me wrong but the teams in Class A in chattanooga are very weak and pose no threat year in and year out...

I did not say you said It, I said many JC supporters posted it constantly, don't believe me go back and look at all the JC wont loose posts. They lost they will loose again, I'm not sure who you think I support but it is not a Chattanooga team, nor a smallish upper Cumberland team with a big fish in a small pond mentality.

I did not say you said It, I said many JC supporters posted it constantly, don't believe me go back and look at all the JC wont loose posts. They lost they will loose again, I'm not sure who you think I support but it is not a Chattanooga team, nor a smallish upper Cumberland team with a big fish in a small pond mentality.

McMinn Central, the team that we used to spank at the state tournament ALL the time!