Invincible?

In Hoc Signo Vinces

first off isn't notre dame the team that barecat's son wrestles for? so why does he always stink up to baylor? i'm guessing he's just disappointed that he and his son aren't on their team and regardless if he wants to admit it or not. and another question why won't notre dame move up to DI or DII?

MWR----you need a history lesson. In order to understand the present, you must study and know the past.

Baylor is coached by:

JIM MORGAN-----who was once the head wrestling coach at UTC where he coached several former Notre Dame wrestlers, including now retired uber-ref Kenny Mara, the late great Pezavan Whatley ( a/k/a Pistol Pez), and Chattanooga teeth puller Reggie Gaddis. Jim's longtime assistant at Baylor is.....................

SHAACK VAN DEUSEN-------former Baylor wrestler who was an assistant and later head coach of the Irish wrestling program before moving over to his alma mater. His 1970 Notre Dame team won the state championship------ND's last before the current three-peat as A-AA champions. He was assistant to head coach Nick Bratcher when EFT won its

first state championship in 1968. On that great Irish team were the aforementioned Mara, Whatley and Gaddis, later to be coached by Morgan at UTC, as well as.......................................

YOGI ANDERSON-----team co-captain with Mara and a state champion at 126 for the Irish. Anderson is now a volunteer assistant for TBSFBAG after serving as assistant while in charge of Baylor's summer programs. His son John won a state championship for Baylor in 1996 at 135. Anderson, who wrestled and was later head wrestling coach at Sewanee, was wrestling coach at ND from 1973-1978. Wrestling for Anderson and teammates/close friends on the 1977-1978 Irish teams were..................

ART JOHNSON.........the father of Baylor state champion " Mr." Ben Johnson and the "Art" that BCB frequently calls out to in his posts,

BEARCAT BROWN......under his surname of Boone, and last, but certainly not least................

JOHN MULLIN..........the current head coach of EFT.

So, while BCB and Mullins have remained true to the Irish, others with strong connections to the ND wrestling program or its wrestlers are over at TBSFBAG . While BCB continually verbalizes that the Hooters of Ooltewah are his second favorite team, with these ties you have to wonder if that is true. In 2005, Notre Dame moved from D-II to D-I, removing the last stumbling block to BCB becoming a paid spokesman for TBSFBAG on this board. Since EFT no longer wrestles TBSFBAG in a regular season dual match, and they will not meet in the state duals nor will their individual wrestlers have to face each other for individual titles, there is no longer any conflict for BCB-----he can continue his fight-to-the-death support of his alma mater, EFT, while at the same time proclaiming TBSFBAG to be the unbeatable beast of D-II.

Hope this helps you understand why BCB "always stinks up to Baylor".

If any of the principals find error in the wrestling tree described above, please feel free to correct.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MWR----you need a history lesson. In order to understand the present, you must study and know the past.

Baylor is coached by:

JIM MORGAN-----who was once the head wrestling coach at UTC where he coached several former Notre Dame wrestlers, including now retired uber-ref Kenny Mara, the late great Pezavan Whatley ( a/k/a Pistol Pez), and Chattanooga teeth puller Reggie Gaddis. Jim's longtime assistant at Baylor is.....................

SHAACK VAN DEUSEN-------former Baylor wrestler who was an assistant and later head coach of the Irish wrestling program before moving over to his alma mater. His 1970 Notre Dame team won the state championship------ND's last before the current three-peat as A-AA champions. He was assistant to head coach Nick Bratcher when EFT won its

first state championship in 1968. On that great Irish team were the aforementioned Mara, Whatley and Gaddis, later to be coached by Morgan at UTC, as well as.......................................

YOGI ANDERSON-----team co-captain with Mara and a state champion at 126 for the Irish. Anderson is now a volunteer assistant for TBSFBAG after serving as assistant while in charge of Baylor's summer programs. His son John won a state championship for Baylor in 1996 at 135. Anderson, who wrestled and was later head wrestling coach at Sewanee, was wrestling coach at ND from 1973-1978. Wrestling for Anderson and teammates/close friends on the 1977-1978 Irish teams were..................

ART JOHNSON.........the father of Baylor state champion " Mr." Ben Johnson and the "Art" that BCB frequently calls out to in his posts,

BEARCAT BROWN......under his surname of Boone, and last, but certainly not least................

JOHN MULLINS..........the current head coach of EFT.

So, while BCB and Mullins have remained true to the Irish, others with strong connections to the ND wrestling program or its wrestlers are over at TBSFBAG . While BCB continually verbalizes that the Hooters of Ooltewah are his second favorite team, with these ties you have to wonder if that is true. In 2005, Notre Dame moved from D-II to D-I, removing the last stumbling block to BCB becoming a paid spokesman for TBSFBAG on this board. Since EFT no longer wrestles TBSFBAG in a regular season dual match, and they will not meet in the state duals nor will their individual wrestlers have face each other for individual titles, there is no longer any conflict for BCB-----he can continue his fight-to-the-death support of his alma mater, EFT, while at the same time proclaiming TBSFBAG to be the unbeatable beast of D-II.

Hope this helps you understand why BCB "always stinks up to Baylor".

If any of the principals find error in the wrestling tree described above, please feel free to correct.

Wow. I think you topped the "Green Irish versus Purple Irish" post with this doozy. Nice writeup!

A photo might be nice, because this isn't working.

Sorry Herm, but the former EFT Coach now TBSFBAG coach described in my post above has told me in no uncertain terms that if any pictures of him as a 126 pound wrestler with hair show up on this site certain pictures of me that he has in his possession from that same era will appear in a slide show on You Tube. I cannot afford that kind of exposure so you will just have to work on the visuals.

Star Raider------- I would add to the EFT-TBSFBAG wrestling tree I drew up for MWR's history lesson that this same person is the answer to the following EFT trivia question: Who is the last EFT coach to coach an Irish varsity wrestling team to a victory over the Baylor varsity wrestling team? Yes, I'm pretty sure it has been that long, but I would be happy if BCB could produce evidence of one since. I could be wrong about which of Yogi's teams it was, but I believe it was one that BCB, Art and Coach Mullin may have been members of, further tying the BCB/EFT/TBSFBAG knot.

In Hoc Signo Vinces and Stillstatebound-----the original premise of this topic started by INSV has sort of dried up, but if you move over to the topic " Stalling explained by the experts" started by gonavy2 you can continue what this topic morphed into-------- that "baylor big boys............have the best stalling techniques in the state". "Stalling explained" started off innocently enough with gonavy2 asking for an explanation on stalling but it too morphed into what seems to be the only bone of contention about The Match of the Year that still has legs (only one, pretty amazing)........the stalling calls that were, were not, should have been, should not have been called in the heavyweight match. Its sprinkled with insightful opinions by referees and biased-to-the bone opinions of laypersons who saw the match and I'm sure you will want your views heard in that forum. But you better hurry........... Star Raider has already given a warning for stalling on the whole discussion and it is only a matter time before one of the panel of refs issues the third penalty for this topic's continued existence and DQ's it from this board.