hammerman

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

siegel high school, murfreesboro...saturday feb. 9th

wrestling should start at 9:00 am...if that changes...i will post on here

O.K Lets Pick-um need help on some weight classes Region Five Top Three (Have Fun)

103-Tull.

Blk.

Warren Co.

112-Tull.

119-Blk.

125-Riv.

130-

135-Oak

140- Blk.

Oak.

145-Riv

Coffey Co.

Tull.

Blk.

152-Riv.

160-

171-Blk.

189-Blk.

215-Tull.

Blk.

285-Tull.

Nope Jeff is right. It is a one day tourney since we only have 10 teams. Weigh-ins 7-8 am, meeting at 8, wrestling starts at 9 until around 7:30 to 8 pm (maybe a little earlier depending how things go).

starRaider...are we having just three mats...if so...i would at least ask the coach about his thoughts...4 mats would get the job done alot faster and the siegel gym is big enough to handle it

we sure dont want the finals to be starting late...if they start after 5:00...that is too late imho

let us know

I hope so

But thsdad i was told one day with only three mats on Sat.

We will be there all day & night if that happens !!!!!

Well from my perspective it's my boys last region championship to participate in and it's kinda sad to see it come and go. I'm really gonna miss wrestling, it's been a great ride.

Good luck to all the boys wrestling Saturday in the Region 5 Championship

starRaider...are we having just three mats...if so...i would at least ask the coach about his thoughts...4 mats would get the job done alot faster and the siegel gym is big enough to handle it

we sure dont want the finals to be starting late...if they start after 5:00...that is too late imho

let us know

From what I understand this is what the region coaches agreed on, I am just a worker bee. With 3 mats, the finals could start as early as 4:15, but no guarantees on that (guessing they could start as late as 6). Let your coach know your feelings before the seeding meeting on Wednesday. Coach Ramsey told me that a 4th mat does not compress the schedule all that much anyways because of the 45 minute rule (time between matches) and the small bracket size. No doubt it will be a long day regardless.

FYI Region 7 at Glencliff is one day, three mats, 12 teams, with weigh ins at 8 am.

From what I understand this is what the region coaches agreed on, I am just a worker bee. With 3 mats, the finals could start as early as 4:15, but no guarantees on that (guessing they could start as late as 6). Let your coach know your feelings before the seeding meeting on Wednesday. Coach Ramsey told me that a 4th mat does not compress the schedule all that much anyways because of the 45 minute rule (time between matches) and the small bracket size. No doubt it will be a long day regardless.

FYI Region 7 at Glencliff is one day, three mats, 12 teams, with weigh ins at 8 am.

yea...that is why i mentioned to ask him...because he probably knew better than anyone about how the 45 minute rule would affect the tourney and extra mat...