REGION 7 INDIV. TOURN.

nightmare

At 152, Burnley has beat Tresner, Tresner has beat Hinkle. I see Tresner beating Burnley at regions. Caldwell at 160 for Antioch will be in the mix, and add Bledsoe of Antioch into the mix at 171.

Is Reams coming back for one more run at state, if he does, he will possibly be at 171, that will throw a monkey wrench into all of that.

Its funny how all of the 215's are from E. Lit except for Pegram. Smith is at 189, will be top 4, though 215 does take 4 to state.

At 125, Sullivan will probably receive #1 seed for being only state qualifier, but Greer handled him in the head to head. I think this may be Tsegaye's year to make state.

I agree that Tresner will come over Burnley at regions but the Clemons kid also at 152 is not going to sit around and may even cause a mix up into that weight class. I doubt the return of Reams it seems it was a one time thing for duals. Pegram should be able to take it home at 215 and possibly become the best wrestler. At '25 Sullivan will most likely recieve first seed (will that be mandatory after Greer already beat him I think Tsegaye has defeated him as well)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the projected seeds, the seeding meeting will be real interesting. I'll start with 119, How would Ashmun be considered #1, I think he has beaten Williams of Glencliff(not sure), but the big 3 in this weight class are Rucker, Lillard, and Aguilar. Who's #1????? Rucker is the returning region champ at 119, Aguilar won region at 112 last season, Lillard def. Rucker. My projections:

#1 Lillard

#2 Rucker

#3 Ashmun

#4 Aguilar

#5 Willams

I say this b/c Ashmun has been at 119 all season.

135, Lett has best record, Steiner has second best-buuut Osaitille is returning champ at same weight, projected seed #1-Osaitille, #2 Lett, #3 Steiner

145 will be an interesting weight class

Mintlow, Chandler(thought he was at 140), Jones(thought he was at a lower weight), Hussein(should have stayed at 140), somebody will be at home this year, all good wrestlers.

152 will be a mystery as well- Hinkle beat Burnley, Burnley beat Tresner, Tresner beat Hinkle. Who gets top seed? I think it comes down to common opponents, Tresner will get top nod b/c Burnley lost to Snyder of HF. Clemons could play a role in this weight class, but he has not defeated any of the top 3, and I don't see it happening this weekend

Once brackets are out, we can really make predictions on state qualifiers.

Looking at the projected seeds, the seeding meeting will be real interesting. I'll start with 119, How would Ashmun be considered #1, I think he has beaten Williams of Glencliff(not sure), but the big 3 in this weight class are Rucker, Lillard, and Aguilar. Who's #1????? Rucker is the returning region champ at 119, Aguilar won region at 112 last season, Lillard def. Rucker. My projections:

#1 Lillard

#2 Rucker

#3 Ashmun

#4 Aguilar

#5 Willams

I say this b/c Ashmun has been at 119 all season.

135, Lett has best record, Steiner has second best-buuut Osaitille is returning champ at same weight, projected seed #1-Osaitille, #2 Lett, #3 Steiner

145 will be an interesting weight class

Mintlow, Chandler(thought he was at 140), Jones(thought he was at a lower weight), Hussein(should have stayed at 140), somebody will be at home this year, all good wrestlers.

152 will be a mystery as well- Hinkle beat Burnley, Burnley beat Tresner, Tresner beat Hinkle. Who gets top seed? I think it comes down to common opponents, Tresner will get top nod b/c Burnley lost to Snyder of HF. Clemons could play a role in this weight class, but he has not defeated any of the top 3, and I don't see it happening this weekend

Once brackets are out, we can really make predictions on state qualifiers.

I think every bracket will be interesting:

at 119, if Lillard is #1 and Rucker is #2 based on head to head, then #3 has to be Aguilar. Ashmun may have a good record, but if he has not beaten any of the top 3, then he is a #4 or #5.

at 135 (the toughest weight five returning state qualifiers, but only 3 will make it this year.), I think all the coaches will agree on Osaitille #1. I think Lett is #2 and Steiner #3 because the only tournament they competed together at, Lett finished higher beating the guy Steiner lost too. I know non-region common opponents does not count, but that is the only comparison I can think of between these two. Also, Lett is returning runnerup at same weight and Steiner was runnerup at a lower weight.

at 145, semi-finals will be good. #1 Mintlow, #4 Hussein, #2 Jones, #3 Chandler.

at 152, I think Tresner is #1, Hinkle is #2 and Burnley #3. Clemons will be a factor at #4, but he has not shown me anything this year.

at 189, I think Smith (HL) moving down was a good move. He matches up better against Ferguson (ELM) than he did against Pegram (GL).

at 285, this weight is always a coin toss. Any one of these guys can be champion on a good day.

I think every bracket will be interesting:

at 119, if Lillard is #1 and Rucker is #2 based on head to head, then #3 has to be Aguilar. Ashmun may have a good record, but if he has not beaten any of the top 3, then he is a #4 or #5.

at 135 (the toughest weight five returning state qualifiers, but only 3 will make it this year.), I think all the coaches will agree on Osaitille #1. I think Lett is #2 and Steiner #3 because the only tournament they competed together at, Lett finished higher beating the guy Steiner lost too. I know non-region common opponents does not count, but that is the only comparison I can think of between these two. Also, Lett is returning runnerup at same weight and Steiner was runnerup at a lower weight.

at 145, semi-finals will be good. #1 Mintlow, #4 Hussein, #2 Jones, #3 Chandler.

at 152, I think Tresner is #1, Hinkle is #2 and Burnley #3. Clemons will be a factor at #4, but he has not shown me anything this year.

at 189, I think Smith (HL) moving down was a good move. He matches up better against Ferguson (ELM) than he did against Pegram (GL).

at 285, this weight is always a coin toss. Any one of these guys can be champion on a good day.

The good thing about this year and the 135 weight class is the admitance of 4 wrestlers instead of 3

to the state competition. It will still be a weight class to watch for and see who will come out as region champion.