Region 6 Individual Tournament

Bobcat

Team: 1st Franklin, 2nd Overton, 3rd Indepedence, 4th Brentwood

Individual:

103: 1. Josh Overmyer (Brentwood), 2nd Franklin, 3rd Pat Chadwick Overton

112: 1. Eric Hancock (Overton), 2nd Blake Thomas (Brentwood) 3rd Ravenwood

119: 1. Chase Beazley (Indy), 2nd Leo Hardy (Overton), 3rd Franklin

125: 1. Sean Ford (Rav), 2nd Jacob Twaddle (Indy), 3rd Trey Thippen (Overton)

130: 1. Dustin Ortiz (Franklin), 2nd Nivar Emin (Overton), 3rd (Indy)

135: 1. Austin Cox (Indy), Lelan Evans (Overton), 3rd Franklin

140: 1. Matt Gabriel (Indy), 2nd Austin Sohr (FRA) 3rd Victor Quach (Overton)

145: 1. Ryan Konz (Franklin), 2nd RJ Rayborn (Overton), 3rd Brennan Cox (Indy)

152: 1. Daniel White (Overton), 2nd Wiley Davis (Franklin), 3rd Jake Whitehead (Brentwood)

160: 1. Ben Heathcock, 2nd Taylor Dixon (Indy), 3rd?

171: 1. Lamarcus Armistead (Overton), 2nd Tate Mustin (Brentwood) 3rd ?

189: 1. Chris Wolf (Rav), 2nd Cameron Croy(Brentwood), 3rd ?

215: 1. Carter McPhee (Franklin), 2nd Jacob Towry (Brentwood), 3rd Thomas Berry (Indy)

Hwt: 1. Tucker Cathey (Franlin), 2nd ?, 3rd?

*What are your thoughts?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless something has changed since the Freshman Grand Championships Chris Wolfe should be back and ready to go for the region. But judging from how Croy handled Wolfe at G.P. West I would say he is the odds on favorite.

Also it is Brennen Cox not Brennan or Brennon(Im hoping if I mention this everytime it is spelled wrong by the time he is a senior Matman, his Coaches and the rest will be able to spell his name right.)

Unless something has changed since the Freshman Grand Championships Chris Wolfe should be back and ready to go for the region. But judging from how Croy handled Wolfe at G.P. West I would say he is the odds on favorite.

Also it is Brennen Cox not Brennan or Brennon(Im hoping if I mention this everytime it is spelled wrong by the time he is a senior Matman, his Coaches and the rest will be able to spell his name right.)

How many of these Region Champs do you think has a realistic chance of winning a State Championship next week.

How many of these Region Champs do you think has a realistic chance of winning a State Championship next week.

Well since we currently have the number 1 ranked wrestler in 130, 145, 152, and 189 i'd say that's a good start. Ortiz will get to finals more than likely but the return of David Mang could put snag in his championship chances. I'd like to see Ortiz take it personally. Konz could very well get OW at state this year. There's a wrestler who i'd like to see beat him at 145, but i'll keep that to myself. I think the next two are pretty straight forward. I'm betting our region finals at 152 and 189 will be the two wrestlers in the finals at state. Again i say Croy over Wolfe, but they went back and forth last year so it can happen again. As for 152 i saw White handle Davis pretty easy in the region duals so he's my favorite in regions and state if he stays healthy and wrestles mistake free.

On a side note i'm excited to see Heathcock wrestle Dixson at 160. I'm glad to hear Wolfe should be able to compete. Always hate to hear about a talented guy end their highschool careers due to injury.

Well since we currently have the number 1 ranked wrestler in 130, 145, 152, and 189 i'd say that's a good start. Ortiz will get to finals more than likely but the return of David Mang could put snag in his championship chances. I'd like to see Ortiz take it personally. Konz could very well get OW at state this year. There's a wrestler who i'd like to see beat him at 145, but i'll keep that to myself. I think the next two are pretty straight forward. I'm betting our region finals at 152 and 189 will be the two wrestlers in the finals at state. Again i say Croy over Wolfe, but they went back and forth last year so it can happen again. As for 152 i saw White handle Davis pretty easy in the region duals so he's my favorite in regions and state if he stays healthy and wrestles mistake free.

On a side note i'm excited to see Heathcock wrestle Dixson at 160. I'm glad to hear Wolfe should be able to compete. Always hate to hear about a talented guy end their highschool careers due to injury.

Take a look at the list of entries and their projected seeds based on the information the coaches submitted at Mat Control. Click this link Region 6 Entries.

The seeding meeting is tonight at 6:30p at Independence.

Take a look at the list of entries and their projected seeds based on the information the coaches submitted at Mat Control. Click this link Region 6 Entries.

The seeding meeting is tonight at 6:30p at Independence.

BRACKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR THE REGION 6 TOURNAMENT, GO TO Region 6 Wrestling Tournament

Click on the links on the left. The schedule for the tournament is also set and you can find that there as well.

Mang is at 135, Graham is at 130. also Cox, I have never miss spells Brennen's name, others might change it or type it in wrong but I have always known how to spell it.

I saw that was posted on the traditional pick'em thread. As well as Fuller (i'm assuming Mikey Fuller from Soddy) was going to wrestle at 152. That is a huge jump in weight but still he's probably going to be considered the favorite for the title. Definately shakes things up a bit.

He will only get the #1 seed based on his performance last year. He will not win this weight class. He's going to wrestle guys that are stronger, quicker,and technical. He has Wiley Davis, Travis Leonard, Josh Disney, and Daniel White to go through. I don't think he can beat anyone of these guys. It will be interesing. I wonder if he and his coaches did their research because this may be a mistake on their par. Mikey is a good wrestler but he will not win the 152lbs State Championship.