Wrestlers Going to the Service Academies

gonavy2

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bailey Whitaker is going to the Naval Academy.

Congratulations to Bailey. That should give us two TN wrestlers to watch at Navy, at least for a year or so until Spencer Manley finishes up his time there. I would assume Bailey is projected to wrestle at 125. Of course, I am assuming he is planning to continue his wrestling career.

Congratulations to Jubari Tuani at BA (215) for accepting an appointment to Annapolis today! He will likely play football as well, and has a 3.75 grade point as well as being a top-notch fellow! I understand there are other senior wrestlers that were appointed as well. Who are they?

I don't know Mr. Tuani. Does he have a preference (i.e. wrestling over football)?

I don't know Mr. Tuani. Does he have a preference (i.e. wrestling over football)?

[/quote

My guess, not speaking for Jabari, is that he will focus on football, not sure if he is a defensive end or linebacker prospect in their system, I think he was 245 or so and 6'2" during the season.Don't know how two sports cohabitate in D1!

An odd thought just occurred to me. What does Tuani typically weigh-in at. Is he projecting as a 197 lber in college or a heavyweight? That is always one of those tough questions when dealing with a HS 215 since the weights are quite a bit different in college.

Tuani weighs around 215 right now. However, he was recruited by the Naval Academy as a football player. I do not believe he will be wrestling there, but if he does I would imagine him wrestling Heavyweight so he cn get in the weightroom and get even bigger to play some Midshipmen football.

An odd thought just occurred to me. What does Tuani typically weigh-in at. Is he projecting as a 197 lber in college or a heavyweight? That is always one of those tough questions when dealing with a HS 215 since the weights are quite a bit different in college.

GHouse, I don't know the weight classes in college, but he looks like he has more growing to do, and will probably focus on football, as he dropped 25-30 pounds to wrestle this year. My mental image of a 215(approx)in college is a buffed out, grown up 189 in HS