Maplewood Basketball

Jim Harrick

What type of style do they play,,,man? zone, press, do they go up and down alot?

just curious

I get a chance to watch a lot of teams in the midstate area.

In my opinion, they are a lot better playing up and down than they are at slowing it down running sets. When they slow it down, they love to get the high/low action with their two big guys. Defensively, they play man and zone. In my opinion they are better in man because they all are so athletic and quick. When they are in zone they seem to get lazy and they (like many other teams) don't rebound well out of the zone. I've seen them extend the zone and trap out of it a couple of times this year and it seemed to work pretty well for them. They have good size and as mentioned above they are very athletic. In my opinion, they are the only team in nashville that can actually match up with Antioch, but they don't have that killer instinct that Antioch does. Overall, I think they are a good team, but still one year away from being great.

What type of style do they play,,,man? zone, press, do they go up and down alot?

just curious

Coach Wilson has done a great job with the boys at the Wood. From seeing them this year they will play zone,man and press. I think his mentor(Doc Shelton) has really influenced him and the style of basketball that they play.