Tennessee Tech Signees

flngrvy

Joseph Grimes and Mauricio Wallace will do great at Tech.

Mauricio was a threat to make a play every down from his spot at QB this season, as I'm sure will be the case this year with whatever position he plays.

Joseph's greatest asset he brings to the field is probably his size, BIG safety. He's athletic and gets to the ball, can win alot of his battles. He picked off Smyrna's Sonny Gray twice in a game this year, the 2nd one lead to a game winning drive.

Finally a college goes in their own back yard and gets players, That is the most instate players I have seen Tech recruit in years.

Unforunately, if you want to compete at the D-1 FBS level you have to get the best players you can, that's why Tennessee, Vanderbilt, MTSU and Memphis have to look outside for other players. For instance, since Rick Stockstill has been at MTSU he has recruited 20 something players from Florida. Most of the time, Florida has faster, athletic kids than Tennessee. Plus, they have a larger selection, especially in the Tampa and Miami areas.

• 2 months later...

Tim Benford from Chattanooga will be a huge gain for the eagles! He is an amazing athlete and is playing both football and basketball at Tech(atleast his first year). He did great things for Red Bank and broke many school records. He was offered by UTC, Jacksonvville State, Eastern and Western Kentucky and MTSU. He is a solid guy and the biggest competitor that i have ever been around. I look for big things from him as a freshmen either at reciever or if he ends up playing safety! Go Eagles!