Region 9 Individual Tournament

fiscon

Is my comment really that ignorant? and unfortunately due to being in the military and out of the state I dont have time to sit on my butt and look at the schedules like you. I never said I didnt think quality of competion isnt important just that coaching is more important. Im sure there are wrestlers that dont get to go to the tougher bigger tournaments but go to regionals and state and still get the better of the kids that do...... Not really trying to argue just wanted to give Mr. Jordan his credit

The word I used was irresponsible. And by the way, which other teams do not seek out tough competition?

And thank you for your service to this country. All servicemen have my support.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I truely enjoy reading the post here on Coacht, and I try to make it a point not to respond to statements; even those that are irresponsible. But I found in an earlier post some statements that I find hard to ignore. We appearantly have a few "Kool-Aid" drinkers for the Clarksville wrestling program that see fit to prop the Clarksville wrestling program up on a pedastal, and bash every other wrestling program in region 9. Now I have nothing but the highest respect for Coach Jordan and the Clarksville wrestling team, and I know these guys who are posting this garbage do not speak for the Wildcat's program. But for them to make rediculous comments like every other team in region 9 is weak is an insult to every wrestler and coach in the region, and I think they owe every coach and wrestler an apology for those statements. I do not consider Northwest, Kenwood, Harpeth, Rossview, Dickson, or any other program to be weak. Region 9 has is one of the toughest in the state. I would hope that these two "well informed" experts on all of region 9 would denounce their comments and make some sort of an apology.

the people who posted that region 9 was weak aside from clarksville was not a clarksville high guy. any present and past clarksville wrestler knows that the region is not a weak region (i just wanted to reiterate that fact, i know mrwrestling realizes that but i want everyone else who reads this thread to know that as well). when i wrestled at CHS we could never get overly confident or too comfortable about being the region champ because we always had kenwood breathing down our neck or go a little further back to when dickson was tough. shoot clarksville doesn't even have the most recent individual state champ from the area. i think david johnson was the last one from the clarksville area in 05. mycyk has a great shot at winning a championship this year. i cant say that any of the clarksville guys have as good a shot as mycyk does at winning it all, but im not in the room every day and don't have the knowledge to make that call.

region 9 is probably in the top 4 for toughest regions, following bradley and cleveland's region (region 3 i believe), then soddy, ooltewah, notre dame, and red bank's region. and region 6 with franklin, overton, independence, and brentwood. there's some old post's on coacht that you can see which regions have the most medals and state champs. region 9 is tough but not the toughest by far. i'm hoping that the region 9 guys have a great showing this week and bring some of the medals back from chattanooga (the tournament is in chattanooga and for some reason they keep most of the medals in the city and they regularly take duals titles down I24 and keep them for multiple years in a row, that's a whole different debate though).

good luck region 9, i'll try to catch a few matches in between classes. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Is my comment really that ignorant? and unfortunately due to being in the military and out of the state I dont have time to sit on my butt and look at the schedules like you. I never said I didnt think quality of competion isnt important just that coaching is more important. Im sure there are wrestlers that dont get to go to the tougher bigger tournaments but go to regionals and state and still get the better of the kids that do...... Not really trying to argue just wanted to give Mr. Jordan his credit

I agree Coach Jordan has done an excellent job at CHS, but the comment about other

schools in our region not seeking tough competition is wrong. As far as serving our country, I do

apprecitiate that, I served our beloved country for thirteen years including the first war in Iraq and I think I've earned a right to sit in my butt and read schedules. Good luck to all those wrestlers representing Region 9, your hard work and perserverance has paid off.

I will ask once again, which teams did not seek out tough competition?

the people who posted that region 9 was weak aside from clarksville was not a clarksville high guy. any present and past clarksville wrestler knows that the region is not a weak region (i just wanted to reiterate that fact, i know mrwrestling realizes that but i want everyone else who reads this thread to know that as well). when i wrestled at CHS we could never get overly confident or too comfortable about being the region champ because we always had kenwood breathing down our neck or go a little further back to when dickson was tough. shoot clarksville doesn't even have the most recent individual state champ from the area. i think david johnson was the last one from the clarksville area in 05. mycyk has a great shot at winning a championship this year. i cant say that any of the clarksville guys have as good a shot as mycyk does at winning it all, but im not in the room every day and don't have the knowledge to make that call.

region 9 is probably in the top 4 for toughest regions, following bradley and cleveland's region (region 3 i believe), then soddy, ooltewah, notre dame, and red bank's region. and region 6 with franklin, overton, independence, and brentwood. there's some old post's on coacht that you can see which regions have the most medals and state champs. region 9 is tough but not the toughest by far. i'm hoping that the region 9 guys have a great showing this week and bring some of the medals back from chattanooga (the tournament is in chattanooga and for some reason they keep most of the medals in the city and they regularly take duals titles down I24 and keep them for multiple years in a row, that's a whole different debate though).

good luck region 9, i'll try to catch a few matches in between classes. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I will ask once again, which teams did not seek out tough competition?

i have no clue. if any weren't able to seek out competition it was probably based on budget issues. but im with you mrwrestling. i just had to put in my 2 cents. but if any of the area teams went to slamfest then they had to have wrestled tough competition.

The final results are now online click this link - Region 9 Results. Thanks Miss Ellie for running a great tournament. For those who are interested, you can also see the final results for Region 6 and 7 at Mat Control. Go to MAT CONTROL to find the link.

It was a busy weekend for us managing 3 region tournaments and the Nashville Middle School City tournament. I have great people who help me out running these tournaments when I cannot be there. I was at a Youth Convention in Nashville with my Youth Group from church with 2000 other middle and high school youth. Good luck to all who are competing at the state tournament!