TMSAA Middle Tennessee small school sectionals

ksgovols

Gonna be a barn burner!

Greenbrier fans,

Let's be there in FULL FORCE! These guys can accomplish something that's NEVER been done in our little town (county?)...that I know of...in basketball: Complete a perfect record in a season!

They deserve our support. They're a very special team that has worked hard, played unselfish and been coached by a guy who's passionate about these kids and his hometown. It don't get no betta! Be there as they try to keep their record unblemished (23-0)!

Go Bobcats!

I'll say it's nice to see some more teams step up and compete in the Northern area. Where have you guys been? Usually it's our conference and Ezell Harding in the tournament. Glad to see some new blood. You guys do have a fun team to watch. Very talented.

3 peat Harpeth! Leave it on the floor.

Schedule for 2/9 at Harpeth Middle School

Consolation game at 4:45:

Ezell Harding vs. Bridgeforth

Championship game at 7:30:

Harpeth vs. Greenbrier

Awards presentation after the championship game.

I was told by a Greenbrier parent they normally play in the TNT tournament held in Springfield. I hope they will continue to play in the TMSAA and that other teams will follow.

Actually, the middle school at Harpeth seats a few more than the high school. I don't like the layout as much, but there's plenty of room for 4 games. Most fans are there for their school's game only anyway. The high school is hosting the Cheatham County Jr. Pro tournament today with 9 games and believe it or not, a lot more fans. Harpeth has every bit as much seating as E.O. Coffman did last year I think and for the small schools to be able to host the tournament instead of 'giving' that money to someone in the large tournament like Blackman in Murfreesboro which is what used to be the case is a much better deal. Next year, the tournament will go back down to the south end. It's a rotation deal that benefits the small schools rather than the large ones.

The other thing I think you'll notice if you check out the TMSAA portion of the TSSAA website is that of the 10 previous Middle Tennessee state sectional tournaments for small schools, Harpeth's boys and New Prospect's boys have won 80% of the championships and played each other in a good portion of those. It's only right that the teams that have supported this tournament from the onset be able to finally reap some of the rewards when it FINALLY is played at the small school venues which has only been the case the last 2 years. Previously, the small and large were played at the same venue and naturally the large schools got the tournament and the small schools were more or less the red headed step child in the equation.

My views are my own. I'm not a school employee or anything like that. Just an interested observer over the years and a basketball fan. I think the lower set of bleachers are more or less reserved for the coaches and teams of other schools and folks on the pass list. I would suspect an even tighter reign on who's down there in tonight's games.

Harpeth defeated Greenbrier tonight 25-21. Two very good teams that battled for the entire game. Each team took away their best player (Plunkett and Bradshaw)and the rest had to settle the score .

Greenbrier All Tournament

Jackson Greer, Craig Bradshaw and #12 (I forgot.)

Harpeth All Tournament

Travis Tice, Jess Morris and Rollie Plunkett (MVP)