Any picks in 11 & 12A District Tournaments

flash49

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets here some picks from 11a & 12a fans. Who wants to go to Chapel Hill and play Forrest in substate game? Who wants to host region 5 runnerup? Don't you just love tournament time. GO LADY ROCKETS

Just curious... what makes you so sure that Forrest will win the Region 5A tournament?

I do think Richland is a shoe in for the state tournament and Collinwood has a good shot. Forrest is a good team also so all games should be really fun to watch.

Just curious... what makes you so sure that Forrest will win the Region 5A tournament?

I do think Richland is a shoe in for the state tournament and Collinwood has a good shot. Forrest is a good team also so all games should be really fun to watch.

I just have a good feel for this team. They know how to win the big game. They have the deepest bench in my opinion than any other team in the state. Their seniors are battle hardened. They have been in big games from the 6th grade thur middle school by winning the TNT two years in a row til now and let's not forget the GOLD BALL in 2006 and last years ELITE EIGHT. As for Richland, they have a couple top notch girls who can shoot the lights out and a great team but have not won the BIG GAME yet. This might be the year. I think their first test is winning their district tournament then their next test will be trying to handle Wayne Co. and Collinwood for the 3rd time. Should be some great bball in 11a & 12a tournaments. Good luck to all teams. GO LADY ROCKETS

The Seeding from the District Tourneys will determine who meet in the finals of Region 6.

Worst case for Richland would be to have to play a #2 Seed Wayne County in the Semis of Region and then Collinwood in the finals. I cannot remember the last time Richland beat Wayne County and they have match up problems with them this year from what I hear. However, Richland seems to be playing top notch ball right now and could give anyone a run for their money.

If things go as they are supposed to, Richland would face Summertown in the first round of region. Remember what Summertown did last year to Richland.

AND DO NOT BE SURPRISED: If the finals of Region is not Richland Vs. Santa Fe.

Prediction: When considering rosters, SOS, talent, past history, and coaching: Wayne County wins Region 6 and Collinwood is the runner up. Collinwood then beats Chapel Hill. Both WC and Collinwood go to 'boro with Wayne County winning the state title and adding to the banners they already have up in their gym.

Hope I am wrong with my prediction. My hopes are that Richland wins the state title and Jasmine "the diesel" Duke is State Tourney MVP. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It looks like the teams that were supposed to win, all took care of business very easily. Only one bit of concern coming out of these games; is Pincheon okay for Moore Co.? I heardlate in the game against Culleoka, she was injured. Is there any truth to this story and if so, how bad?

Saw her getting into her car to drive home. No wraps or bandages. Think it was a turned ankle. Looked like she would be in.

I would like to see Santa Fe in the Region Finals but I honestly believe they will not make it past the Semi's of the Region and possibly the First Round. They always seem to have match up problems with District 12A. Two problems with Santa Fe is the lack of coaching and the lack of conditioning. Santa Fe girls seem to be tired late in games and seem to struggle to keep up with teams that run up and down the floor. The coach don't think that off season conditioning pays off in the season so he don't stress the importance of it. Santa Fe also really struggles with teams that play pressure defense. Santa Fe had Richland on the ropes at Santa Fe but once Richland turned up the defense and put pressure on the ball Santa Fe folded. I believe Wayne County done the same to Santa Fe in Columbia Centrals Thanksgiving Classic.

Prediction: When considering rosters, SOS, talent, past history, and coaching: Wayne County wins Region 6 and Collinwood is the runner up. Collinwood then beats Chapel Hill. Both WC and Collinwood go to 'boro with Wayne County winning the state title and adding to the banners they already have up in their gym.

Hope I am wrong with my prediction. My hopes are that Richland wins the state title and Jasmine "the diesel" Duke is State Tourney MVP. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'd say you're wrong WC can't beat C'wood and C'wood hasn't beaten Richland. WC girls have a mental block with this group of C'wood girls. I don't think they have ever beaten them including middle school and to C'wood's advantage anyone in green could show up and WC would just fall apart. C'wood is too quick for WC. My prediction would be for the Region is Richland 1 and C'wood 2.

The Seeding from the District Tourneys will determine who meet in the finals of Region 6.

Worst case for Richland would be to have to play a #2 Seed Wayne County in the Semis of Region and then Collinwood in the finals. I cannot remember the last time Richland beat Wayne County and they have match up problems with them this year from what I hear. However, Richland seems to be playing top notch ball right now and could give anyone a run for their money.

If things go as they are supposed to, Richland would face Summertown in the first round of region. Remember what Summertown did last year to Richland.

AND DO NOT BE SURPRISED: If the finals of Region is not Richland Vs. Santa Fe.

LOL.............. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Wayne Co. can't beat Collinwood! & Wayne Co. is definitely NOT winnin a state title! I highly doubt anybody can beat Jackson Co. in the state tournament. Maybe I wrong though & COLLINWOOD will win STATE!!

GO TROJANETTES!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

LOL.............. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Wayne Co. can't beat Collinwood! & Wayne Co. is definitely NOT winnin a state title! I highly doubt anybody can beat Jackson Co. in the state tournament. Maybe I wrong though & COLLINWOOD will win STATE!!

GO TROJANETTES!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Collinwood will more than likely win District 12A and, probably, Region 6A, so long as they are on the opposite side of the bracket from Richland (who has beaten them twice), and possibly, even Perry County who has beaten Collinwood by double digits. A 100% healthy Perry County presents match-up problems for Collinwood, but Perry County is extremely beat up right now, so one would have to assume that they will not be 100% by the time Region 6A comes around.

However, when it comes to what team out of Region 6A that stands the best chance of winning a Gold Ball, that team is easily Wayne County. The only way I can forsee them not making it to State is if they, by some miracle, get upset by Perry County in the District 12A Tournament, which would put them on the same side of the Region 6A bracket as Collinwood (assuming Collinwood wins Championship and Wayne County wins consolation). If they are in the opposite bracket from Collinwood in the Region Tournament, then they should make it to the Championship Game and even if they lose, they would stand a very good chance of beating Forrest (already done so earlier this season).

If Wayne County makes it to Murfreesboro, they will present match-up problems for every team there, including Jackson County, because they have a size advantage at nearly every position on the floor. Collinwood does not present those kind of match-up problems. As someone else stated, the only reason Collinwood has been able to beat Wayne County both times thus far this season is because they hold some kind of mental advantage over Wayne County. However, that does not necessarily mean that they are the more talented and experienced of the two teams. I would anticipate that most District 11A teams would much rather see Collinwood on their side of the Region 6A bracket than Wayne County (or at least I would).

Of course, Richland stands a good shot a Murfreesboro, but all four teams from 12A are capable of beating them, so their road, once again, will be very tough. They have the talent to compete with all four 12A teams and have proved that by narrowly beating Collinwood twice thus far this season. However, I don't know that they can beat three consectutive 12A teams and win the Region 6A Championship. The other three 11A teams really don't have much of a shot (Santa Fe, maybe, but they are an extremely long shot) unless they have a couple of exceptional nights and catch some teams way off-guard.

I think Forrest would like to play anyone in Sub-State except Wayne County or Richland (the Lady Raiders have beaten Forrest at home this season). They would be able to exploit every other Region 6A team inside. Oh, and Forrest will win Region 5A, and probably do so rather easily. Region 6A could get two teams to Murfreesboro, depending on which team has to travel to Forrest.

These are a lot of "ifs" and "maybes." There will more than likely be upsets along the way, because there always are. Good luck to all the teams.