Region 1 AAA

TommyMan37604

It's all about the matchups!

Don't think TN High matches up well against Greeneville, as we've seen already this season.

South and West should be interesting.

DB and Cherokee both have size, DB may have more weapons.

Science Hill and Cocke County will also be interesting, but I think Science Hill has the edge.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea. I think Greenville has the team but when has a team from Tenn. High lost 3 in a row? DB is on a role right now, i still like them for the regional semi-finals but the trojans are tuff at home based on the years past. SHHS and Cocke Co. will be the best game, other than the powerhouse contest, which i might just go and watch. I just hope SHHS team plays a hole game. I saw the paper today and could not believe they did not score for a hole quarter. If that happens then it will be one and done. Just wish i was there last night. Heard it was a rocken place.

I do not know about a coin flip. The DB game is pretty much at done deal in my opinion. I also think the South game is pretty much a lock for South. Greenville probably will win but i would like to see an all big 9 semi finals. The SHHS game will be a good one as will the Tenn. High and Greenville game, I think those two could go either way.

I do not know about a coin flip. The DB game is pretty much at done deal in my opinion. I also think the South game is pretty much a lock for South. Greenville probably will win but i would like to see an all big 9 semi finals. The SHHS game will be a good one as will the Tenn. High and Greenville game, I think those two could go either way.

I have seen DB play twice this year against Jeff County - a split.

I have seen Science Hill and Tenn High at the Ladies Classic.

Haven't seen South.

My observations are made based on what I have seen.

I can't go against GreenEVILle at home. Tenn High will present problems to GreenEVILle at the guard postion, but I don't think they will slow Dickson enough without playing some kind of junk defense, and GreenEVILle has proven many times this year that they can react and beat junk defenses. Those that know Tenn High, would they play Snapp on Dickson?

Coach Galyon will be well prepared for South. I think this ends up being won by the team in the least amount of foul trouble, and I pick Morristown West to survive.

If the Science Hill / Cocke County was at Cocke County, I would give the edge to Cocke County, but against quality opponents, they have not played well away from home. I also think the SH's height at the guard postion will give Cocke County fits.

My upset special is Cherokee. They have the matchups to win this, and if Ewing can get Head into foul trouble, and stay out of it herself, I think Cherokee wins on the road.

Good luck and good health to everyone!

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I have seen DB play twice this year against Jeff County - a split.

I have seen Science Hill and Tenn High at the Ladies Classic.

Haven't seen South.

My observations are made based on what I have seen.

I can't go against GreenEVILle at home. Tenn High will present problems to GreenEVILle at the guard postion, but I don't think they will slow Dickson enough without playing some kind of junk defense, and GreenEVILle has proven many times this year that they can react and beat junk defenses. Those that know Tenn High, would they play Snapp on Dickson?

Coach Galyon will be well prepared for South. I think this ends up being won by the team in the least amount of foul trouble, and I pick Morristown West to survive.

If the Science Hill / Cocke County was at Cocke County, I would give the edge to Cocke County, but against quality opponents, they have not played well away from home. I also think the SH's height at the guard postion will give Cocke County fits.

My upset special is Cherokee. They have the matchups to win this, and if Ewing can get Head into foul trouble, and stay out of it herself, I think Cherokee wins on the road.

Good luck and good health to everyone!

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Saw the highlights of the Science Hill game from Monday. Their guard height was pretty eye-opening. They have about 2-3 inches on Buda and Suggs.

What does Cocke Co. have other than the Buda and Suggs. I do know about some of you guys either but i have seen everyone play and i still like the Big9 except with Greenville moving on. DB is on a role. The Head girl for DB is playing some great basketball. I saw that she had 14 in the cahmpionship game. DB has too much size for Cherokee. South, I might just go to this game because it looks like a good one. Or i might go to the greenville game, not sure yet. Those two games could go either way. Who went to west last year? Was it Boone? I am not sure. The Greenville game is like the regional championship game early. That one will be a battle. If THS can contain Dickson and make some shots they will move on. I know Greenville won this meeting earlier in the year, but the Vikings should have a chip on there shoulder.

Not surprising to see Big 9 posters picking Big 9 and IMAC posters picking IMAC.

Statewide statistics from last year's first round of regionals suggest only one home team will lose. A 4 over a 1 seems a much longer shot than a 3 over a 2. So, either Cherokee or South pull off the (mild) upset. Given West has already overacheived to get a 2 seed after finishing last in the regular season, they seem to be the obvious choice to be the only home loser.

However, as noted earlier, it is all really about the matchups. Snapp will have to guard Dickson. Who will guard Montgomery? Does West have the size on the perimeter to match Williams & Pickwell (and Campbell)? Cherokee does match up fairly well with DB but doesn't have the depth if it gets physical. Should be a great night of basketball.

Not surprising to see Big 9 posters picking Big 9 and IMAC posters picking IMAC.

Statewide statistics from last year's first round of regionals suggest only one home team will lose. A 4 over a 1 seems a much longer shot than a 3 over a 2. So, either Cherokee or South pull off the (mild) upset. Given West has already overacheived to get a 2 seed after finishing last in the regular season, they seem to be the obvious choice to be the only home loser.

However, as noted earlier, it is all really about the matchups. Snapp will have to guard Dickson. Who will guard Montgomery? Does West have the size on the perimeter to match Williams & Pickwell (and Campbell)? Cherokee does match up fairly well with DB but doesn't have the depth if it gets physical. Should be a great night of basketball.

I could see Greeneville putting Mcintyre on Montgomery, and allow Dickson to help in the paint area. If that doesn't work, I think Dickson is quick enough to play Montgomery. And West has had size problems all year, yet they overcame a decided size problem to beat Mo East in the first round, and Cocke County in the 2nd round. Speed is West's advantage, and it has worked for them often enough this year that I can't discount it.

Cherokee/DB

Ryans can match Frolich

Price can match Devine

Ewing can match Head

Avery can match Blair

Gilbert/Cupp, etc match France/ Harville

So it comes down to execution, and who is hot that night, and who stays out of foul trouble. Ryans and Frolich are both foul prone, as is Ewing and Head. It may come down to whose back-ups step up.

I just can't see Cocke County winning, unless Good gets in foul trouble, and Depew has got to keep her head and have a big night.

I think all 4 games will be close, mainly because the 1/4 games are not the usual 1/4 seeds.