5. Northside 24-3

6. Bartlett 16-5

7. Central 19-7

8. Mitchell 20-3

9. East 19-6

10. Hillcrest 21-7

11. Washington 19-5

12. St. Benedict 22-4

I don't believe White Station deserves to be ranked above Northside. They have lost to them twice and the quality of competition that Northside has lost to, is at least close to equal to the quality of teams White Station has lost to. Now, if White Station wins tonight, then it's another story. White Station would deserve to be ahead of Northside. And I believe White Station can win.

White Station showed that they could score against Northside when they made the dramatic, albeit unsuccessful, comeback in the first game and it was against Northside's 1st string. Norhtside has shown that they are vulnerable with their recent losses. Finally, it's an old saying in sports that it's difficult to beat a good team 3 times in a row.

By no means, is it a lock. But, don't count out the Spartans.

Also, while Briarcrest is definitely a top team and deserves to be somewhere in the top 5 or 6, I don't believe there is much evidence to justify them being ranked above Millington. Millington deserves at least the 2nd ranking.

Philtenn,

You know it is the mighty 16AAA that you are playing against.

Get ahead of them and he will quit coaching and leave it to his entourage. Where is the game, the palace. Hope springs eternal for those that have faith. Tell her to shoot the jumper going to the right sometimes not just on a left dribble. The rest of us are pulling for ya'll.

Dandy Dozen 2/14/08

1. Lausanne 25-3

2. Briarcrest 25-3

3. Millington 27-1

4. White Station 24-4

5. Northside 24-3

6. Bartlett 16-5

7. Central 19-7

8. Mitchell 20-3

9. East 19-6

10. Hillcrest 21-7

11. Washington 19-5

12. St. Benedict 22-4

Also, while Briarcrest is definitely a top team and deserves to be somewhere in the top 5 or 6, I don't believe there is much evidence to justify them being ranked above Millington. Millington deserves at least the 2nd ranking.

Surprising poll to say the least. Briarcrest at this point hasn't played any of the top competition in the city except for White Station in a Hall of Fame Game (loss) and East in the Larry Finch Classic (loss). They played Wilson Central a good game in the Greeneville Holiday Tournament losing at the end with a little bit of East Tn refereeing. Bottom line is they do not have a quality win outside of their league and they are clearly the best team in their league. However, they will have ample opportunity to earn that ranking if they can get by Ensworth and Webb at the state tournament.

Millington is clearly most deserving to be #2 based on their season so far, but after that it becomes a logjam between East, Northside, Central, White Station, and perhaps Bartlett. I agree with philtenn in that at this point Northside should be ahead of White Station and East who they have defeated twice I believe, although East beat them recently. These teams will be battling it out over the next couple of weeks, and it will be interesting to see who will be left standing.

Here are the unapproved website rankings, Memphis and overall in the state. No bias, they just plug in the numbers. Strength of schedule looks as important as who beat who in some of the results.

1-Millington (12)

2-Lausanne (17)

3-Northside (21)

4-Briarcrest (24)

5-White Station (29)

6-East (31)

7-Central (32)

8-Melrose (53)

9-Houston (71)

10-Mitchell (72)

11-Manassas (73)

12-Overton (77)