LHS,FCS,MJ

doorbell

How are all the Wilson Co teams looking this year? LHS lost alot, MISSY, LASY, MAGAN, FCS lost JESSIE, KELSEY, there #2 pitcher, who will fill her spot, HALEY can't do it all? MJ I know they lost there #1 picther, SHELBY can hold her own, but she can't do it all either, who is behind her? Let hear some talk about some Wilson Co teams /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

How are all the Wilson Co teams looking this year? LHS lost alot, MISSY, LASY, MAGAN, FCS lost JESSIitE, KELSEY, there #2 pitcher, who will fill her spot, HALEY can't do it all? MJ I know they lohhist there #1 picther, SHELBY can hold her own, but she can't do it all either, who is behind her? Let hear some talk about some Wilson Co teams /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

FCS will be down this year, might be way down. There is just 3 starters returning from last year I know the Cross girl is behind the plat this year , she and haley can takem them thru the district, I am not sure if they will make it that far.What I have seen in the past the whole team is not very good at the plat, good pitching will beat them bad. MJ last year. need i say more

I love when people talk about teams like they know exactly what is going on and who is playing where... FCS actually has SIX returning starters, including the top hitter and pitcher... They also have some great new players to fill in those spots. Camille is seeing time behind the plate and at other positions as well. From what you have seen in the past the team is not very good? I believe for the last two seasons this team has finished third in the STATE in single A, losing to the state champion by ONE RUN... As far as the Mt. Juliet game is concerned, the score was 10-1 and all of those runs were in the first two innings with 6 errors... Last time I checked, every team has a bad game, and last year Mt. Juliet was awesome... FCS set a record with 39 wins and only 11 losses so check your stats before you say they are not very good... Will they win a state championship? Who knows...maybe not... But are they a good team? Definitely...

FCS will be down this year, might be way down. There is just 3 starters returning from last year I know the Cross girl is behind the plat this year , she and haley can takem them thru the district, I am not sure if they will make it that far.What I have seen in the past the whole team is not very good at the plat, good pitching will beat them bad. MJ last year. need i say more

I love when people talk about teams like they know exactly what is going on and who is playing where... FCS actually has SIX returning starters, including the top hitter and pitcher... They also have some great new players to fill in those spots. Camille is seeing time behind the plate and at other positions as well. From what you have seen in the past the team is not very good? I believe for the last two seasons this team has finished third in the STATE in single A, losing to the state champion by ONE RUN... As far as the Mt. Juliet game is concerned, the score was 10-1 and all of those runs were in the first two innings with 6 errors... Last time I checked, every team has a bad game, and last year Mt. Juliet was awesome... FCS set a record with 39 wins and only 11 losses so check your stats before you say they are not very good... Will they win a state championship? Who knows...maybe not... But are they a good team? Definitely...

I did not say they were not very good (last year) they were a great defence team, great pitching but they lacked at the plate could not hit GOOD pitchers, No batting coach, it showed. I do know 4 of there starters graduated, another left the team, that makes 5, how do you come up with 6 starters returning. I am not on here to fuss with you, the Thread asked how they were, I gave my opinion sorry if you don't see it that way, you must be close to team. and if you have watched them at the plate and have not seen what I have seen you don't know a whole lot about batting. Most had very bad mechanics. (sorry it's just what I saw)

I did not say they were not very good (last year) they were a great defence team, great pitching but they lacked at the plate could not hit GOOD pitchers, No batting coach, it showed. I do know 4 of there starters graduated, another left the team, that makes 5, how do you come up with 6 starters returning. I am not on here to fuss with you, the Thread asked how they were, I gave my opinion sorry if you don't see it that way, you must be close to team. and if you have watched them at the plate and have not seen what I have seen you don't know a whole lot about batting. Most had very bad mechanics. (sorry it's just what I saw)

Ok well four players graduated, but one was their number 2 pitcher so that makes three starters leaving... One returning player did decide not to play, but one of the seniors who graduated only started in the field, the freshman who batted for her will step into her place in the field, so five SURE starters returning and one more who started the whole season batting so that makes SIX... If their hitting was so bad, then how do you explain outscoring their opponents over three hundred runs to less than seventy runs? Either way, all teams have weaknesses and I agree that if I had to pick their weakness, it would be CONSISTENCY at the plate...but again they were 39-11 with state appearances for five of the last six years so something is working right...

If their hitting was so bad, then how do you explain outscoring their opponnts over three hundred runs to less than seventy runs?

I see it This way. FCS had great pitching, there appoint mostly had weak pitching. They run ruled just about every team in there distract, thats why the big run diff, that not hard to figure out. I watched FCS play about 6 times last year, Haley when she is on can shut down any team, I mean ANY TEAM. Now I only saw them when they were in tournaments, playing against good pitcher, just my opinion. Thanks for your comments. I am done with this thread. You seem to know alot more about the team then me. I just know a few of the travel ball player, most of them graduatated last year. Hope FCS has a great season this year.

I see it This way. FCS had great pitching, there appoint mostly had weak pitching. They run ruled just about every team in there distract, thats why the big run diff, that not hard to figure out. I watched FCS play about 6 times last year, Haley when she is on can shut down any team, I mean ANY TEAM. Now I only saw them when they were in tournaments, playing against good pitcher, just my opinion. Thanks for your comments. I am done with this thread. You seem to know alot more about the team then me. I just know a few of the travel ball player, most of them graduatated last year. Hope FCS has a great season this year.

One thing for sure, FCS better have good defense this year. Haley can't pitch every game, and the next pitcher is not even close to their second pithcer they had last year, (but I think she is just a sophmore and the other a freshman). The other two pitchers might do ok in the district, but out of the district they better hope Haley can do it all. From the games I watched them play last year their hitting was pretty good until maybe the last couple of batters. But I did hear the the one senoir that quit this year was one of their top batters. They may be down but they still should finish pretty strong, they still have some really good players and at least one really good pitcher. I am pretty sure I saw the sophmore pitcher play this summer and in the fall she was ok but no Haley Rutledge, although she did bat fairly well. Hope all the girls have a good injury free season, can't wait for it to start.

One thing for sure, FCS better have good defense this year. Haley can't pitch every game, and the next pitcher is not even close to their second pithcer they had last year, (but I think she is just a sophmore and the other a freshman). The other two pitchers might do ok in the district, but out of the district they better hope Haley can do it all. From the games I watched them play last year their hitting was pretty good until maybe the last couple of batters. But I did hear the the one senoir that quit this year was one of their top batters. They may be down but they still should finish pretty strong, they still have some really good players and at least one really good pitcher. I am pretty sure I saw the sophmore pitcher play this summer and in the fall she was ok but no Haley Rutledge, although she did bat fairly well. Hope all the girls have a good injury free season, can't wait for it to start.

I watched Haley pitch against some of the best teams in the Country in Seattle WA in the 16 under ASA nasional. She was on her game like I have never seen before, her and the Diamonds coach Jim Denning was a tough pitching team. The man new his pitch calling.

I watched Haley pitch against some of the best teams in the Country in Seattle WA in the 16 under ASA nasional. She was on her game like I have never seen before, her and the Diamonds coach Jim Denning was a tough pitching team. The man new his pitch calling.

Well ill take haley pitching for me any day . And the rest may be young but coach powell gets the most out of what she has and like always she have them ready to play this year . Only who of youngster steps up to want to be the next starter after haliey is gone that is the question

Thanks for the compliment doorbell.

Recieved a call today from one of my best friends telling me to look on Coach T becuase I was being talked about. I had to see what it was. Have not been on here for several years.

It's easy calling pitches when you have pitchers like Hailey Rutledge, Devon Schmidt and Kenzie Dye in earlier years with the Diamonds. When they hit their spots and as a coach you pick up on the batter's weakness it is a thing of beauty. I enjoyed it immensely. Playing two straight years in the ASA nationals and watching what those girls did against some of the top players in the country was amazing. I was very proud of them.

I do not have anyone playing at present since my daughter Rachel graduated last year. For the record she was the senior that Coach Powell referred to in her earlier post as the one that only played in the field.

Maybe I will get back into it one day if my little one decides to play SB down the road.

Good luck to FCS and all their players this year. I am sure Rachel sends her best. Hailey good luck to you. I will try to catch a few of your home games this year if I am not traveling too much.

Also good luck to Shelby at MJ.

Sincerely,

Jim Denning

FCS beat MJ 3 to 2 SUN. NEED I SAY MORE. DING DONG